• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Butter Butt
Black Thorn
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer looks like you don't get to laugh yourself silly on my account - not today at least :p it went fine, I put in another batch of bleach/toner and then I put black in most of it, and blue in the rest; it turned out great. Not perfect, but great. Because my blonde hair was several different tones - ranging from pure white almost to pee yellow - the blue is different tones, too, but it looks fine. I'm happy with the result and my hair is fine :)

I also did my eyebrows, so now one of them is black and the other is blue :p
Oh, wow. So you look like this? 🐶

9154c1d2bfcafd83a9b11e86992511c5.jpg

NeonSlayer

Potential
Sounds like a great start! It's a new moon :D Another cycle to celebrate. A nice time to rest before the next burst of life.
Are you still able to read when the fatigue knocks ya? Doesn't have to be idle downtime while you work back into it. It sucks to be totally wiped out for days cos the body deconditions so much. For me, my energy is linked to other things - one of which - the moon. So I gotta cut myself a little slack too, I was a bit frustrated this arvo by the lack of movement.

I had been considering downsizing my kitchen utensils and supplies but hadn't figured out how to organise it yet. Part of the problem is my cooking. I used to be so efficient when I lived in the shed. It was too small not to be. So I have this show on - Tidying up with Marie Kondo, She is such a cute little munchikin! Everyone in America seems to have MASSES of clothes. I thought I had too many!! Anyway, picked up some good tips. Some of hers are like my mums, but I had forgotten about them here, like the boxes to compartmentalise the draws. I have a heap of all sized boxes in the garage that I was holding on to and forgot why. I think the kitchen downsizing could be fun and make me more creative with fewer utensils.
Sleep & rest is great in moderation. The average person doesn't get enough of it. But with chronic fatigue & depression I sleep & lounge about WAY TOO MUCH. An unnatural alarming amount.

Luckily my sleepiness hasn't affected my reading so far in 2019. I'm up to 1,352 pages. Sometimes I go weeks or months without reading but whenever I go back to it just binge books.

I can't imagine downsizing. I'm a classic hoarder. Minus the dead animals & maggoty food wrappers. No matter how small a space, I still collect a lot.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
I can't imagine downsizing. I'm a classic hoarder. Minus the dead animals & maggoty food wrappers. No matter how small a space, I still collect a lot.
Cannot say same too many times to this :D

This entire next week I have to clean up my apartment and get rid of all the stuff that I don't want to get rid off. If I don't do that, my mom won't come to Ikea with me and I can't carry all that stuff home without a car...the hoarder inside of me is not happy about this :)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I spent a whole lot of life living out of a bag. I am sure I have mentioned how long I was institutionalised for ;)

Now I have this house, a place I plan to stay at - my dad sent about 24 boxes of crap down with me. I said I didn't want any of it, I'd survived long enough without it and a lot is hand me downs from that none of the rest of the step family wanted. I am supposed to be endlessly thankful for it. I had 3 tv cabinets sent down with me. I only have one TV! I have thrown out high school files that were my stepsisters, my uncles childhood religious study books from the 1940's, endless kitchen supplies. I did another kitchen cull last night and already feel a weight off. Some of the cooking stuff was my stepmothers and it really felt like her utensils tainted my food. Mum rekons I've done well considering how much was sent here "for me" (my dad is a hoarder and my stepmother gives him ultimatums all the time). Some of the furniture is in the garden cos it was just too hard to do anything else with and I didn't want it in the house. The chickens have my stepmothers china cabinet to sleep on. I dont own china. I still have a coffee table and one more tv cabinet to get rid of - It'd be good for a fish tank really. I want everything to be done and in order so I know what I have and what I don't have. Its seriously dragging, I will have been here 2 years in April. The house is ok but the garage is not. It was a bit of revelation to see the lady on TV sort things in to compartments. My mum does that and I just seemed to forget even though I had kept a bunch of boxes exactly for the purpose. Craft stash wont know what hit it!!

I just got up to the last episode where she sorts the bras, wish that was the first one! LOL. I have only just started wearing bras again. My back was too bad for so long, but it really seems to be getting better now. When I am sore now I know which stretches I need to do, the self care has come back in waves since I dropped the meds. Everything is clearer but I still have a lot of learning to do about silence :p Sometimes the soreness is because I am spiritually blocked. Todays tiredness is due to a few womanly factors as well as the new moon. Its lovely to be able to connect to what my body needs. It was a cruel and unusual punishment to have been chemically blocked off for so long. It was actually enjoyable to do the tidying once I let up on myself and rested without guilt. I had been super over it yesterday morning, but got my groove back now.

Do you have Netflix @Puppet ? You should check this show out, might help the motivation. My undie draw has never been neater!

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Do you have Netflix @Puppet ? You should check this show out, might help the motivation. My undie draw has never been neater!
Nah, unfortunately no access to Netflix after my friend stopped her subscription that I had an account on. Sounds interesting though.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Google gave me agitating algorithms and showed me the "news" of people on twitter getting really mad about Marie Kondos method of sorting books. Sigh. I think the entire twitterverse has emotional problems. There has been a WHOLE lot of joy for me being free of all my stepmums CRAP. Her voice is in my head "Beggers cant be choosers" but I wasn't begging for any of that stuff, in fact I tried to take it to the tip more than once, I tried to move 400km away from it and it followed me down. I have a few boxes to take to community relief. I am all happy and proud I haven't let the stepmother guilt trip me into keeping crap she paid money for in 1983. I wish I could show my dad the joy of cleaning out her clutter, and passing it on to the tip instead of me.

I got a mouthguard splint thing from the dentist the other day. I knew I had been clenching/grinding my teeth but when I consciously stopped, I still held tension in my jaw. This splint works similar to a bit in a horses mouth. It lets me chomp and chew without damaging my teeth and provides an outlet for the tension in my head. I know lots of organisations like PETA hate bits in horses mouths but this splint right here proves the benefits outright to me. A salivating horse (or animal) is a happy animal. A chewing pony is a thinking pony. My mouth was always bone dry on medication and it has taken a long time for the fluid to flow and allow that tension to be released. The body is made to move and the meds were a chemical prison. (I have said before, never take my joy of being med free to mean everyone should drop their meds - it is not an easy road and defo not the road for all. Much of my joy is spiritually based I am aware not all in the world choose to be spiritual). Also, I like the splint in my mouth so I don't have to talk to the postman when I go to collect my mail. I just flash a mouth full of mouth guard and he stops asking prying questions.

I have been craving Chinese food. I haven't had takeaway Chinese food in a couple of years. There is a Chinese restaurant about an hours drive away but I am not sure if it is worth it. I do have all the ingredients to cook but it wont have that dirty shop taste that I am really craving. I had a nightmare about a methhead who lives in the Chinese restaurant town, I am not sure I want to go there alone at night. Much safer to be out bush than in that town at night. Wont get dark yet for two hours though... maybe I can get some on my next trip to the city. That is usually how I bribe myself out of wasting petrol for takeaway when I actually have food at home.

How's humpday for everyone else? Quiet round these parts of late.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
now I want chinese! 😏

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
My day has been chilled. Now it's about to get ugly.... with housework which if you know me you know I hate doing!! But, we have to eat tonight so it needs to be done haha...
**looks for a willing slave for the night**

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
Work, no fun. Spent all day cleaning up other peoples messes and getting yelled at in the process. However, I have a pretty great boss so I don't mind taking the heat for him. Still, could the weekend come, like now?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Lazy off day so far. Right now just watching Rick & Marty throw more money down the pit. :D Something strangely satisfying about that. :oops:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Butter Butt
Black Thorn
I decided that I wasn't going to do ANYTHING I didn't want to do today. So that left plenty of time to indulge myself; like taking an hour-long bubble bath, painting my toenails purple, scarfing pizza, and rearranging my Barbies. Also, dancing around the house with the stereo blasting; Private Idaho, Lava, and Rock Lobster...over and over. It was SO much fun!! Really good exercise too. It put me in a MUCH better mood. I also set my phone to 'do not disturb.' I was in my own little world. It was magical. 😊

Last edited:

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
It is HOT outside. So I have the air con on (for the bunnies ;) ) and am sitting watching Instant hotel while folding the plastic bags I collected before the ban came in. Next is to bring the bottles of water in to put in the bottom of the bookcase before I move it behind the tv cabinet in case of more earthquakes. I don't want things to topple over and squash bunnies!

My phone lives on "do not disturb" hehe. Love life.

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I wouldn't want to live where you are at. I hate hot weather.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Anya heard the plastic bags and came zooming out from under the couch and over the jumps thinking I had treats for her :D Poor neglected bunny. No treats for you. Fat fat fatty needed the exercise anyway.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
I was tired for the most of the day which made me have that cranky feeling. I wanted to see a friend that I haven't visited face to face in like a month. but she wasn't there. Another friend was still sick. I would like to be social.

I wanted to play my video game, but I ended up taking a nap.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I would like to be social.

Be social on here :) I see forums a bit like the common room at boarding school. Perfect for if you live alone, a place to be social without having to leave the home. Makes much more sense for me, with my energy levels and lack of diversity in my community haha. Shame its not as busy as it was, it wouldn't seem like I am spamming all the time if everyone posted as much as they used to. Its better for me here, I had a few friends in the last place who would just hang around all the time and never go home. I can always shut this window down if it shits me off enough (no Spanky that is NOT a challenge). There is an ignore feature too. I think that was one of the best lessons I learned from Forums. I ignored a knock on my door yesterday. I didn't mean to but I was meditating and didn't want to play the polite dressed game.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
You're not spamming 😜
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom