• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day - part 8

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I smashed my already broken phone yesterday, now it's hard to see a spot where the screen isn't cracked. I've got another 6 months on the contract still, so I'm trying to work out if it'll be worth me getting it repaired.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
* laughs and points * 😈
  • Sad
Reactions: Nix

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
I went shopping...without the car, which is still in the shop. Actually, it's kind of freeing to NOT drive. Less stress, though I might feel differently when the car is fixed...and doesn't stall in traffic. Nearly everytime I stopped at a red light, it stalled. Really, really stressful!
I'm trying to decide if I want pizza or a bacon sandwich. I really don't feel like cooking...

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Took a run before work. Got to pet not one, but 2 basset hounds! 💚 Such a great start to the day! Work was extra busy (Sat. + big sale). On the other hand - free food! :)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I missed the bus for today and then got all cranky with myself. I don't have any clocks in the house and hate picking up my phone first thing in the morning. Hence not realising the time and well, now stuck at home pondering which jobs I want to half do today, if any.

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
What's with the pretty name?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
My brother told me if I came over and made him two grilled cheese sandwiches, I could borrow his copy of Endgame. But after I cooked, he changed his mind. What a dick. So I snatched some of his codeine pills when he wasn't looking. Score! 😇

Anyway, as I was walking back home, there was this couple with a baby; they were about 35ish, wearing shades. I was smoking, of course. I saw the woman look my way...then she said something to her husband. I can ALWAYS tell when others who are wearing shades are looking at me. They think they're so sly! 😒 Anyway, you could tell they wanted to say something. I was kinda hoping they would. My attitude and walk pretty much said, "Say something. Please. I wish you would." But they didn't. Good for them. Perhaps they realised that they might get cussed out in front of their kid. And yeah, that totally would've happened. I was already pissed about not getting the Endgame dvd.

So, I get home...and enter through the front door, since I saw a couple of the mum brigade near the back. On Friday, I mentioned to a neighbour (who is a KNOWN gossip) that the women who gather in back with their kids have an incredibly arrogant attitude. And that I hated them with a passion...plus, I kind of said that if somebody did a drive-by on them, I'd laugh my ass off. (Yes, I know. Harsh much?) But I would laugh! Why should I lie?! 😈

Of course, I knew that Mr. Gossip would repeat what I said as soon as possible. I WANTED him to. And he did. So when I got home, I could tell they all knew. (They were all out in the back, you know, kids playing, etc) Fun part: as I'm in the kitchen putting up groceries, I see them sneaking occasional glances in my direction. I think they expected me to blast some death metal. But I thought, "Why do what's expected?" So I didn't turn on anything, which seemed to disturb them even more. 😂 I'm gonna keep doing what's NOT expected. It's very entertaining.

Last edited:

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
There is a change in the air. Something different. The sky feels closer, everything is calm. OH! I just realised maybe why, the truck stop café moved and opened at its new building on Monday, it is super quiet here now. I might even miss the pig truck on a Friday morning. Maybe that's why my sleep schedule is so messed up too. I seem to need a boatload more sleep, but it makes sense with how much I did over the last few weeks. Post productive fatigue :p

Winter is defo here, poor Xander rabbit has lost some weight over the cold nights. My mum gave me a little jumper for him but I haven't tried it on him yet. He is quite a quiet and sensible little thing (unlike Anya) so would put up with it, but my bet is that Anya will not. She will probably chase him. I had to get up at 1am to warm up their heat pad as I was freezing in bed and knew they would be too. Anya did happy binkies when she saw me and she has not moved from the heat pad for 13 hours now, even though it is no longer warm. I gotta re-arrange their house again. I made a new litter box for them as the old ones were too heavy but I think Anya chases Xander away from it and he eats less hay so I might have to rethink it. And I have to make sure they both have room to lay up off the cold floor. They have a ton of blankies but are obviously cold. I am not looking forward to the next moult but I bet they are - they both smell like dust from the construction across the road. I need a bunny vac, they would love that.

I wasn't going to start the fire until we have a sting of nights under 4C. Days are still in the mid teens so its not cold enough yet. I have had so much trouble over the past couple years sourcing firewood that I can lift that it just doesn't seem worth doing this year. I know about layering clothes now and wearing pyjamas to bed and I have an actual bed instead of a mattress on the floor so it will be a better winter regardless.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Noooo! Found out the only neighbour of mine who's not a selfish arsepiece is emigrating to Australia. :( Bloody immigrants. Stay here and freeze with us.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
So far I'm tired and my body is aching but never mind... got a bit of housework to do and some planning of food for Fridays night's movie/buffet night with the girls. All I want at the moment is junk food... chocolate, McDs etc ... Oh bugger, I need to get the sausages out for dinner!

Bluebird

Black Thorn
What meanie neighbours! Don't worry @Bluebird, they'll fry for it here ;)
Haha I can't really blame him, some people just aren't cut out for life in the cold. I need to ask him where in upside down land he's going. Wherever the money is I guess.

Bluebird

Black Thorn
Good news, everyone. I found out I have low blood pressure and poor circulation lol. I kind of guessed I had circulation issues, because of random numbness and whatnot, but low blood pressure would explain why I feel tired and nauseous all the gorram time. I'm not just a lazy bastard.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
So far I'm tired and my body is aching but never mind... got a bit of housework to do and some planning of food for Fridays night's movie/buffet night with the girls. All I want at the moment is junk food... chocolate, McDs etc ... Oh bugger, I need to get the sausages out for dinner!
I had maccas on sunday - soooo not worth it. Might be where I got my body ache from haha. Tonight I have some naughty nuts, like with crispy noodle bits and spice through them. But I hear you on the chocolate - I had the last mini easter egg tonight. Devo. But then I found brownie mix and I think I am going to go for it later. I got 4 eggs from the chooks today so better start using some! I have a packet of marshmellows too - I am thinking I might chop them up through the brownie, like fake rocky road.

Haha I can't really blame him, some people just aren't cut out for life in the cold. I need to ask him where in upside down land he's going. Wherever the money is I guess.
I have no idea where that would be right now haha. We have a new backpacker in town and the pub was advertising for another the other day. Maybe the mines are not as dire as all 'they' say haha. I was wondering what the church fire fuss was about while mines are blowing up 40,000 year old cave paintings daily. I am defo not cut out for the cold. I think I would be better at it though once I get the hang of clothes again lol. I am glad summer is over, it is tiring but I'll be sick of winter by the end too. We don't really have those middle seasons lol.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
I've mentioned this before, but my dad works on oil platforms all around this part of Europe (mostly Norway, sometimes Germany) and so he's gone for at least half of the year. That means that planning to get together becomes more difficult and the beginning of 2019 has been extra hard because he keeps being sent out after only being home for a week or two when he's supposed to be home for four weeks. Anyway, we were supposed to get together yesterday, since he's leaving tomorrow, but then last minute it got changed to today...and then today got canceled!

And I can't even be upset, because my step-mom hurt her elbow and had to go to the emergency room. Still, though, now I won't get to see my dad until he gets back home :( On top of that, I had a total nope day yesterday and I'd been looking forward to today.

So instead I just made some paninis with ham and cheese and bought groceries for some nice pasta and beef for later. Guess I get another relaxing day at home for a trade, which I won't complain too much about ;)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Noooo! Found out the only neighbour of mine who's not a selfish arsepiece is emigrating to Australia. :( Bloody immigrants. Stay here and freeze with us.
They'll probably get killed by some spider, croc, roo, cassowary, shark, dingo, tazmanian devil, or killer koala. :D

Octavia
Octavia
Drop bear or hoop snake :p

Leo

"Mist... cemetery... Halloween. Should end well."
Peachy ;)... well, tiring.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I was just on fb deleting my existence when I noticed this week for the last 11 years is always when my sleep cycle wants to flip. Im gonna go with it this time instead of fighting against it, see where it takes me. Body led healing is working a heck of a lot better for me than medically led! Onwards!

Ohh not off to a good start. I ate some suspect chicken for 'breakfast'. Maybe all I need for easter is an internal clean out lol. I didn't want to eat at all, so that could be why I feel so ill from eating. I didn't listen to my body that time... Tis hard to get the hang of what I feel I need to do and what society says I should do. I'll get there eventually :)

I smashed my already broken phone yesterday, now it's hard to see a spot where the screen isn't cracked. I've got another 6 months on the contract still, so I'm trying to work out if it'll be worth me getting it repaired.
I doubly smashed mine too and by some fat thumb magic the skin style changed to Angel this morning. Not complaining.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
I missed the bus for today and then got all cranky with myself. I don't have any clocks in the house and hate picking up my phone first thing in the morning. Hence not realising the time and well, now stuck at home pondering which jobs I want to half do today, if any.
What kind of phone do you have?

Octavia
Octavia
A smashed one ;)

HowiMetdaSlayer

You ever have one of those days, at work, where you just want to go the all Waddams on the place? 🔥 Was that kind of day. 😩

Octavia
Octavia
what does waddams mean?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Somebunny escaped and woke me up with the pitter patter of tiny paws for easter. Such a sweet beautiful smart one, always comes to check on me if i lay in. T'was woken at 9.20 after going to bed at dawn. Cheeky sneaky bunbun had a ball til I caught her for easter cuddles. Shes such a clever one, wont escape until she is worried I havent got up. Nurse bun spent many days by my side in the sick times. So lucky to have bunnies!

Top Bottom