• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day - part 8

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It is hard to know how many are in Coober Pedy, what with all the underground houses.

If jest is allowed, how are the ten people in your town?

Octavia
Octavia
They probably dont count when the cousins are in town either :P

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I'm off work for 2 weeks from today - rejoice! I really wanna do something constructive with my time though. I've been thinking about soundproofing one of my 3 bedrooms, and slowly build up another expensive hobby. One bedroom as a studio, one bedroom as a crafting area, and one for sleeping I guess. lol

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Three bedrooms?! Why not use one for a guest room? Hint, hint. 😜

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
The rains are here :D Will be nice to get that dust down, Ugh struggling with the breathing.

I am going to go to the coast tomorrow. I have to go to the coast tomorrow. I cant pike out, the bunnies need better hay and I should check out the reject shop before it closes. What food shall I bribe myself with?

I'd love to host international BBers at my place. You'd all go into shock if you saw the town :p At least 30% would be offended by its existence. Maybe some would finally understand why I rant so much about the extent of poverty in the world and the distraction of hashtags when I take you bush, past the camp sites of the homeless, and introduce ya to the elderly who are starving to death. When I show you the divide you'll understand how I know the wider world is under the control of Satan. It's not all doom and gloom, there are some good people, the beaches are pristine, the mountains untouched, the forests are a scenic drive, you can still climb trees without occupational health and safety signage. Just don't drink the water.

Puppet
Puppet
Here's the real question, though; do you bless the rains?
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
She does, but only in Africa.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Why can't it rain more here?! Too much sunshine!

Anyway, I got shopping done early, came home, and went on a cleaning spree. No, it wasn't dirty, I just feel better when I'm cleaning. Now I'm too afraid to cook anything...

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@Octavia,
what food shall I bribe myself with. If you have bread, marg and cheese spread you could bribe yourself with a block of cheese. Then you could buy Salad Cream instead of marg, its a lot healthier. You say you are going to the coast tomorrow, why? Perth is reputed to get 50mm of rain in the next few days so if there is a high tide the coast might come to you.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Anyway, I got shopping done early, came home, and went on a cleaning spree. No, it wasn't dirty, I just feel better when I'm cleaning. Now I'm too afraid to cook anything...
Come clean my place next, you'll feel great ;) haha. I have just given up for now. Wiped out from shopping. Sounds like a good day to buy something delivered in cardboard.

@Octavia,
what food shall I bribe myself with. If you have bread, marg and cheese spread you could bribe yourself with a block of cheese. Then you could buy Salad Cream instead of marg, its a lot healthier. You say you are going to the coast tomorrow, why? Perth is reputed to get 50mm of rain in the next few days so if there is a high tide the coast might come to you.

Ohh I like cheese spread! And salad cream. One of those thing I only discovered as an adult. I got subway instead, with mayo ;) and yeah the rain was hectic. I was in Albany so even wetter than Perth! The roads were half flooded so everyone was trying to drive in the middle. There were huge clean up crews along the highway moving all of the branches off the road. Both the reject shop and coles are up for sale down there - so I will have to go to perth when they shut, I dont really shop anywhere else lol. I haven't seen a traffic light in over 2 years. Need new tyres for the car first though, was a slippy slidey drive today.

After driving all that way specifically for hay... they didnt have any oaten hay :confused: so I got another bale of meadow and will have to try and pick good bits out of the crap bale until they start to accept the new mix. I loved the place, a proper stock feed warehouse. Its my new favourite store :D They even had some veggie bits!!

I am glad to be home, and glad to have a garden break after being in a busy town, but I am still trying to find some kind of work so I can buy a place further away from 'civilisation'. I can only stand being around people for about 2 hours before the pain that makes me wish I was dead sets in. So loud, so bright, so braindead. I gotta win lotto and get well far away.

Oh man, I am so scattered. Amazing that I can feel this out of it without being on any drugs. I think I need some of the fun drugs. After a nap. Crazy world sends me crazy. Thank god for bunnies. Grounding little fluff fluffs, they remember how life is meant to be.

Last edited:

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Had a nap, fed the chooks, locked the ducks up, made a bunny house and planted some sunflower seeds. I feel MUCH better now :D I forget that the soul needs feeding as much as the rest of me.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
Free donald duck! Free daffy duck! 🦆 😃

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
The thunderstorm is here!

I've had a good day, I had lunch with friends, one I haven't seen in over a year. Her newborn twins slept the whole time too, always a bonus!

We're going to meet up again soon, so that'll be good.

Downside of the day, my phone did it's I'm going to stop working trick. It decides it just doesn't want to work sometimes.

Fine now.

I'm rather achy from the chiropractor yesterday, but I am able to touch my back!

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Another great day spent with my niece (also the tiny niece that mostly just cries and sleeps and poops atm :)) I headed over to my mom's place and spent the day/night there, grilling outside (it's finally weather for it) and just spending time with the family. Always wonderful when I get to do that. (I also got some laundry done, but the two events are in no way connected!) :D

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@Octavia,
Two years since you've seen some traffic lights, I had a horror awakening last week, the road repair crew that has been sent here erected a traffic light stop/go system to get around the road repairs.
@nightshade,
you said you were achy after your visit to the chiropractor but now you can touch your back, curious here, what was so wrong with your arms that you couldn't touch your back?

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
@ILLYRIAN my arms weren't the issue, my back has been so tight and sensitive that I've tried not to touch it. It's been a battle with myself not to scratch any itch I get on my back. Now while I still am wary of touching it, I can.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I got a heap of work done today. It's so lovely to work outside in this weather! 11C outside, 4C inside, I know where I'd rather be haha.

I fenced off a new garden bed and dug 4 wheelbarrows of compost out of the compost pile to fill it with. I want to put some kale and sunflowers in for us to eat. The wheel barrow had caught a good lot of water so I washed all the animals troughs and refilled them with rainwater before I played in the dirt. I dug in the fence around the chicken coop, and put fresh hay in the nesting boxes. The side of the ducks pen blew in with the wild wind so I replaced it with a bigger bit of tin and padded it all out with hay too. I started on a new raised garden bed, but need some longer screws and more wood to get that working. Folded up the carpet I pulled out of the house and hung out the doona xander pissed on. Drained the hydroponics in prep for tonights rain. I'll have to put a roof over it eventually. Its hard to get small enough pieces of tin from the tip shop to fit in the back of my car. The strawberries seem to like living in the hydroponics but it's going to be quite cold tonight for them to stay that happy. I pulled out some old wood pickets to use on yet another raised bed but all of those things are half done until I can get my hands on some old pallets. I want to go out and plant some seeds this arvo but having a break now.

I swept out the kitchen but its still a mess. The shop didnt have any salad stuff today so I'll have to walk up to the cafe later for a real meal. I hope the new pommy worker doesnt cough all over my food. Its not the most hygenic of spaces. Keeps the belly system going, and thats all I need it for today. Havent even stopped for a poo yet!
'

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
God bless my mother! She came over today to help (help? I watched, she did lol) me clean up my bathroom, since there's a leak in my radiator and it soaked all the crap that was on the floor below it. After three days, the smell got to me and I asked (see: begged) my mom to come help me. I'm not good with squicky o_O

After she cleaned and washed my floor (love her!) we went back to her house for lunch and then I got in a shower, which is always wonderful.

Now I'm back home and outside it's cloudy and windy, yay! I love bad weather :D

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Sounds like you have a lovely family @Puppet. Now I don't feel so bad about getting mum to help me clean the last 3 rentals I moved out of haha.

Ahh peace. Bunnies are in bed, kitchen benches are clean enough to lick, dishwasher is on, stove is clean, swept the floor, washing is folded and put away and the next load ready to start in the morning. I might actually have the house spotless by the time Mum visits at the end of the week. They are putting in some quarter round to block the gaps between the wonky floor and the wall. I was worried about snakes getting in next summer. It'd be nice to keep the breeze down too! The stumps under the floor really need to be replaced but they aren't going to do that for an 80 year old rental. I just hope the place doesn't fall down in the next 7 years. I'll need at least that long to save for my next one!

I am watching The 100 and it's so nice to see smiley Clarke... I know what happens next cos youtube spoiled me :( They should have let her have a bit more fun. Very pretty hair and make up on the cast this season. I hope this season improves. I feel like Bellamy is really out of character and I miss the lore of the old world.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Just finished the laundry, which is such a great feeling. Now I'm sitting here, resting for a minute and catching my breath. I nearly spilled bleach on my black jeans! 😨 Luckily, I have good reflexes.

Top Bottom