• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day - part 8

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I don't really know. Its not an I-thing :D it has an ugly dog on the open screen when I turn it on that says "hello moto" does that answer your question? Its the second smart phone I have ever had in my life and hopefully the last but I do like the ease of sharing bunny photos with it. I hope the world evolves past the smart device design soon.

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Hello Moto is a Motorola product.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Motorola made the original cell phone and for many years before that specialized in mobile radio where a company could get a licence to use a transmitting frequency and had two-way radios that could be used to communicate with a fleet of taxis or trucks. They also made the original car radio in 1929. They were also a radio and TV manufacturer but gave it up due to competition from Asian sources.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Its a heck of a lot better than the I-thing was, that is FOR SURE. Except the camera is less good. What do you think the future of cell phones is? I saw an advert on tv tonight for a pay wave ring you wear on your finger. I don't think I want to have anything wearable but it could be better than dropping the stupid brick things everytime my hands decide to spaz out.

Some really good blocks of land have come up for sale down the road. Now I just gotta figure out a way to make about $500,000 and I can get off the grid ;) Mind you, I love this house a LOT so maybe I just need to marry a billionaire and have the off grid land for ponies during the week and come home here on the weekends to be alone when town is all closed and quiet :p

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Evil hand issues💀
Black Thorn
My car is working beautifully now. I'm getting used to hitting the brakes and having it stop immediately, rather than eventually. And it no longer stalls unexpectedly, or overheats. Which alleviates A LOT of stress, obviously! Driving in LA is hazardous enough...a car that screws up in traffic a lot can be dangerous.

I really, really hate when people who KNOW you don't like them try to be friendly. Since I have the car back, naturally I park in the lot here when I can. I was cleaning the windows, and heard the voice of someone (who's still on my shit list btw) say, "Oh, you've got your car back." (Duh!) And she stopped to talk. Whyyyyyyyy?! (She knows I don't like her) I nodded. But she kept talking. "Yes, I saw the tow truck last week..." I REALLY wanted to spray some Windex on her. I chose not to. :p

Last edited:

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
@HoppyHippy Milton Waddams is a much maltreated character from the movie Office Space. He keeps muttering that he'll burn the place down (which he eventually does). :D

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Another good one today :) Town is so quite and wonderful. I got to do a fair bit of my favourite garden jobs :D Hedge trimming, weeding and planted a bunch of seeds out. It was warm again today so the house was all opened up while I did some vacuuming and washing. I am SO thankful to have a dishwasher, what a wonderful invention, even if it doesn't work very well it saves me breaking my back over a sink.

Xander bun does not cope well with the cold. I didn't keep the fire going cos our days are in the 20's again and the nights about 5C. Poor old bun just doesn't cope with the fluctuations, and how cranky Anya gets with being cold haha. What do you guys let your temps get to before using heating or cooling? I still haven't figured out a reasonable range. I thought it probably wasn't cold enough to use heating unless it gets below 4C but the buns fret when it hits 8. Xander isn't good in the heat either and I tend to put the air con on if it gets over 32 now where as I let it get to 36 in the city.

Duno what to watch/do tonight. Pub is open. I am pretty tired from all my work and my right side is numb again so drawing is out. I had a full panic attack earlier in the day about my dad coming to visit later this week but I feel much better about it after I played in the garden. OH! Better go lock the chickens up. I still haven't made a proper Duck pen so keep your fingers crossed that the foxes don't visit!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Evil hand issues💀
Black Thorn
I haven't decided what I want to do today. But I won't be going back to that Chinese food place!! Yesterday, I went to pay for my take away food (they price it by weight) and the young Chinese dude at the register said it was $20! Bullshit. It's usually $11. He weighed it wrong or something. I always get the same thing, and I KNOW how much it costs. He kept insisting in broken English that it was $20. Finally, I told him to keep the food, I wasn't going to pay that. So, he points to a sign and loudly says, "NO return! You no return food!" 😅 I looked at him like he was insane. "I haven't BOUGHT the f-ing food." It was surreal. Like I was being punked or something.

He acted like he wasn't going to give my credit card back. That's when I felt the evil swell inside me. And I was surrounded by a massive crowd of hungry illegals who were waiting in line...everyone is staring at me, and these three women behind began pointing and whispering in Spanish. Up until that point, I'd managed not to lose my temper, which was quite admirable, to be honest. But the Chinese dude kept saying, "You pay for food! No return! Says on sign!" Finally, I got angry and told him to give me my card. NOW. Or I would call the police and ICE. I also said (to the ones who did speak English) that I was pretty sure that several of their Chinese employees WEREN'T legal, as well as most of the Mexican families eating there. I was prepared to bring the wrath right then and there. I WAS going to call ICE. [Ii]Everybody was going to pay.[/i] I was so pissed. (Trying to FORCE me to take the food? When they'd overcharged me?)

I got my card and left. But after checking the balance, I discovered that the restaurant had charged $16. Even though I'd left the container of food there!! WTF. Soooo, I went back. It was suddenly quiet. 💀 Long story short, I straightened it out. I didn't have to swear (much) but my threat of calling ICE (especially these days!!) really, really made an impact. I keep that threat in my arsenal, by the way. If you're here illegally and really piss me off, bye bye!! ☺

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
big meanie! 😃

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Evil hand issues💀
Black Thorn
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer it sounds like that guy was trying to rip you off. Did you report him?
I might sic the Health Department on them. Depends on how I feel during the next couple of days. Now, if they banned me from the restaurant...I'm definitely planning revenge. Because I did nothing wrong. Except swear a lot and threaten to call ICE. 😅

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
I might sic the Health Department on them. Depends on how I feel during the next couple of days. Now, if they banned me from the restaurant...I'm definitely planning revenge. Because I did nothing wrong. Except swear a lot and threaten to call ICE. 😅
Okay.

I like your banner. How long did that have to take?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I might sic the Health Department on them.
I'm considering doing this to the closest co-op. They charge $100 membership fee yet sell out of date food for more than triple the price of the city and expect to be praised for it. They are on a major transport route in between two cities. Not good enough if you ask me. I spent $42 on groceries on the weekend and couldn't eat half of them. The chicken made me sick (and I know it was the chicken cos it smelt the same on the way out as it did on the way in) and the carrots were black within 2 days. Out of a 2 kilo bag of potatoes, only 4 were not green. The brownies were out of date and the milk was sour.

That whole town really highlights the huge gap between how the rich of Australia live and how the aboriginals, aged pensioners and elderly migrants live. Its atrocious and makes me literally sick to see. Its awful that the suffering is swept under the rug by fat white men at the top of the food chain who have the loudest voices and blame the poverty on the person instead of the messed up system they created. Whinge about being hungry in poverty here and be drugged for it. The PBS covers medications to shut people up, but doesn't cover food to fill anyone up. Better not get too far into it or I will get too agro again. I had no idea how bad it was out here, and its certainly not the worst of Oz. At least I have a large garden to do what I can for those with less. I was dead set serious about being a nun. I don't want to live within a system of such shame and inequality.

Sorry, I get ranty on that. Its what I wanted to write about so Australia could see the sins of the system but now I know you do not get a voice without a social media following so I just rant on an obscure fan forum instead. Religious organisations were the only ones providing for the poor, but with all of the hate in the media since that marriage "equality" bullshit, many have had funding pulled and lost volunteers.

Today is otherwise good. Had bacon. Sunny and beautiful outside.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Bacon!!! ❤

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Ugh I am sick. And stiff. I am totally not cut out for office work. I prefer the muscle tiredness of a hard days work than the tight shoulders and compressed spine soreness from sitting down so long. The work is fine, the people are nice enough, but I still do more in 2 hours than they do in an entire day it seems. Admittedly I could not do the phone work like they do. The social stuff is really what I am struggling with. Its tougher to fake when I feel sick in the stomach. I sit in my cubicle and do my work and try not to judge them on their judgements. I think I might need to take in ear plugs lol.

I went for a few walks today, the sun was beautiful, lovely and warm without the bite. Nights are harder having sat on my bum so long at a time, the buns don't get as many cuddles and I miss my night chats cos I potter around too much to sit still and have a real online conversation. I feel real crook tonight and cant get comfortable at all without contorting into weird positions.

I got a bag of rags from the community relief store and am trying to make a rug. It would be a fun night for me if I could get comfortable doing it!

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
hope you feel better soon

HowiMetdaSlayer

Last half was terrible! Was uber busy and one person short (per schedule). Plus just seen next week's schedule. Got me working 5 days each of the 2 weeks before finals (including this week)! 😩 Funk this! 😒

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Phew! Family visiting wasn't as bad as expected. Tired now. Binge watching The 100. Its good comfort tv. I think I have zoned out most of season 2 so far... I am still making rugs slowly.

Even the rabbits seem tired. Xander has put on weight again but I think his hard life is catching up to him. Poor dude, Anya is a good nurse bun. They are sharing some oats right now.

nightshade

Can I be a sloth?
Staff member
Black Thorn
So much Disney in Cardiff today, Disney on Ice finished showing and so many girls in Princess dresses.

I did buy some Firefly comics and an Angel one, plus a HP Pop figure.

I'm now wasting time drinking hot chocolate before meeting with some people.

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
Today/this weekend sucks. It's been 12 years now since I had to make to the joint call to switch off my mum's life support. 12 years and I miss her still and always. So yer sucks.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Worked 8 1/2 hours last nite. Then another 8 1/2 hours early this morning. Then decided it would be a good idea to get a run in while the weather was nice. My feet are like:

😩

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The first Miataphiles meet of the year (Mazda Miata / Eunos / MX-5) and we had 33 cars show up. This was the most colourful bunch of cars I have seen in a long time. One lady was going around giving away stuff and I got a set of 8" woofers, tweeters and crossovers for free so I can convert my audio system into something a bit better than the crappy 6.5" speakers that came with the car. She also had electroluminescent instrument dials to get rid of but I didn't want them and I don't know if anyone else took them.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I think I have to get my hearing checked. I think I accidently walked out of the café without paying today. She said something about waiting, but at the time I thought she was apologising for the 25 minute wait for the burger. I am not sure... Seems the misunderstandings go both ways lol.

I am a bit confused today. My family are all saying how well I am doing here. I mean, I feel like things are going well, but am never sure what is crazy behaviour and what isn't. Being what I was before the docs drugged me kinda takes me back to childhood, I feel way more fragile but also aware and respectful of my own limits. Seeing Dad made me realise where I get the manic drive from. He never got the crazy label cos "driven" is respected in men, not diagnosed and drugged like it was in me. He was super impressed with my chicken coop which really surprised me cos I thought it was a bit povo being made from old roof timbers and reject shop wire. He brought me a bunch of tools, he said I was doing such a good job but only hindered by lack of tools and supplies. Now I have a box full of new toys to play with. Too tired and cold today but maybe next week.

I finished 3 little rugs, including the one for mum on mothers day. Got the fire going cos the relief shop said there will be frost this week. I am a master fire-starter now. Only took 2 winters practice lol. I got some more material to make some more rugs and a new blanky for the bunnies. Poor babies are acting strange, I hear mice under the floor and I think they are mad. Grr Anya just got behind the lit fire again. She hates me now cos I squirted her with water. Too dangerous to play near the fire! Don't want the house to smell like fried rabbit. Silly bunny.

Top Bottom