• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day - part 8

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
You need to be faster than that!
Well if I wasn't in bed on my damaged phone I might be!
It's been a long day, I should be getting off the phone and trying to sleep.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
You should get off the phone before going to sleep, that phone sounds uncomfortable.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Well if I wasn't in bed on my damaged phone I might be!
It's been a long day, I should be getting off the phone and trying to sleep.
It's not good to be exposed to electronic devices so close to bedtime. And you are in bed early!!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
No good yesterday not planned to be today. Just exhausted. Realised why i dont do city stuff. And why I "needed" like 14 years of therapy lol.

Hunga Munga

Potential
Asda is the business round here . There isn't a store within 60 mile but they send bespoke delivery vans right up into some pretty obscure Welsh mountains 360odd days a year . They must lose a bleeding fortune running the service locally , fuel and vehicles cost a packet over here and the roads are terrible in Wales , but they're playing the long game.

My region doesn't get the full Asda range ...yet , it gets all the food and a limited selection of fancy and household goods . I can buy a microwave but not a television :) .

I love it , and get whatever nonfood stuff I can from them , towels , cookware , electric bits . If I could , I d be buying clothes , bedding , the full monty . The delivery vans are so much more reliable and personal than a random courier parcel delivery service ,. They ring you up and make sure they find you .I've heard they'll even put your shopping away if you're disabled or something :) . Getting all my fridge and frozen stuff in perfect condition was an unexpected bonus for me .

The vans are wicked , limited to 56mph , purpose built with the three compartments , full tracking and cameras all over them . I reckon they are the supermarket of the future for the UK countryside . Makes no sense anymore running a big retail space when there isn't a lot of people concentrated together

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I wonder where you live then (rhetorical question) as no part of England is further than 70 miles from the nearest bit of coast.
I once stayed on the 13th floor of a block of flats in Royal Leamington Spa (so named Royal as Queen Victoria spent a day at the spa).
Being as it was a clear day I could see the Welsh mountains.

Where is the home base for Asda?

Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
Swansea for my stuff .

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
My day has been pretty good so far.... full of coffee and now I have mini pizza's cooking. No broken leg this time so that's a plus. It's been a nice day so clothes washing dried on the line....love that smell... just need to mow the grass now!!! Oh and apparently the "weed" (lol) that is growing in the front garden is now a weed it's a herb! (lol)..

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Growing a bit of 'Herbal' eh? ;)
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
What sort of mower do you have? Is the 'herb' smoke-able or just a mush?

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
I am frustrated that I'm not getting any deliveries assigned to me. I mean they want people to be available, why is it taking so long to assign me a delivery? I need money.

Octavia
Octavia
Boo! Work makes life easier, hope they send some your way!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Octavia, smoking Nix's herbs won't make life or work easier but you will forget about them.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Went for a hike this morning. Nice living near a (lesser known) national park. Now just hanging out watching PBS documentary on the Stuarts like the history major dork I am. :D

Octavia
Octavia
Niice
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I'm guessing you live in America, who else would have a national park named (lesser known) tee hee.

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Considering I got tired of waiting for an order, I went home and cleaned the bedroom and the bathroom. I have washed the bedding and made the bed. I decided to wash the curtains because they were quite dusty. Now everything smells better in the room. I need to clean out the refrigerator sometime. The front room needs dusted and vacuumed. The kitchen floor needs to be swept and mopped.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Went or was, 'cos if was then you should've got a job as a waitress in a café to get an order.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I finally found an envelope this morning, so I can post a letter to my sponsored child. I try and write every few months, but I seem to have lots of the paper but none of the envelopes. It's all preprinted with the child's details, so I might request a few more envelopes. Now to post it on my way to work.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
What a lovely easily pleased girl you are, if giving you an envelope is all that is needed to make you happy.
Reactions: Nix

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Yeah writing letters seems like a great idea for this weekend :)

Peeps here, Dont stress if Im offline, got community stuff to do over the next few weeks. I gotta get back out there and into it, as daunting as it can be doing volly stuff. I am no good at staying still. Anxiety has crept back into online spaces, so I might as well contribute to local lives instead of egos.

Winter is here. Theres so much to do!

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Writing letters nah! Sending audio messages from a guy with a wicked sense of humour and tourettes(?). Well I don't have tourettes (just as well I can't spell it, or can I?) but swearing just for fun is.. .. fun.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
Can the birds Go away and sun go back down, it's 6am on my day off, I want to go back to sleep.

I'm also expecting my uterus to do it's monthly blood ritual today so more sleep before that would be good if.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've had a good day, went to visit a friend, was good to have a chat and find out about wear she's moving too, luckily not too much further out of town so I can still visit easily, but a better house for them. I got my craft stuff sorted out a bit too, and was able to do a bit of colouring today, now I can actually work at my desk a bit!

I've probably drank way too much tea today, but ah well!

Reactions: Nix

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
The last few days has been full on. Today I tried to stay in. I cleaned the rabbits corner and put an old foam mattress down thinking they might like it cos it will defo be warmer than rugs on a wood floor, but nope, they seem to hate it and instead are both laying on a towel haphazardly on the cold wood floor. So I'll have to rethink that idea. They seem really mad at me haha, possibly because they are usually free at this time, or because the way I grabbed them both to chuck them back in the pen. Anya is either offended or injured. I'll have to cough up the cash to get them vaccinated. Doesn't matter how many times I have said I need the fencing done to the landlord, it just gets ignored and now I have a family of at least 4 feral rabbits in my garden, living in a warren under my shed. Vaccination is 10X the cost in this region compared to the city. None of us travel well so the only option is to buy the whole bloody vile for my two buns. Hopefully the vets remember that I always pay my bills on time so when I do get a bill I can't cover they will be more lenient. I keep saying I should get 10 house bunnies so I at least get my monies worth.

Oh why did I just get a craving for chinese! I already told myself I was going to get a burger from the pub. My fridge needs defrosting so nothing keeps and I have no fresh food. I am so not keen to drive while my neck is so bad. Maybe I can bribe myself with chinese tomorrow so I defrost the damn freezer and get some real food while I am down in that town. The food from that grocery store is already rank though so maybe it's all just a waste of time. Yes, I need this beer today. grr argh.

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've had to read and edit other people's essays for the past two weeks and now I'm insufferable. My sister just told me I had to "stop ranting about adverbs and syntax" because apparently it doesn't matter that much. True, online. Not true, in an academic text. Hmpf. (She might have a point though… I'll take a break and read The Golden Compass instead)

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
I had a Getman wxam last week. Let's just say that I hope my Fingerspitzengefühl for placement of adverbials is better than my arguments for why I chose said placement.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I have tried to defrost the fridge, but now too injured to drive for chinese lol. I read my horoscope this morning and it said I should expect a visit from parents so I spent a few hours vacuuming the hall rug, horrified that someone might turn up 😬 Luckily no one did!

Xander rabbit is a bit on the poorly side. He is obsessively licking my hand now as I browse through all the horse properties I can only dream of owning. I walked to the shop to buy a stick of celery for 50c but its quite sad looking and I don't want to make him sicker. I'll have to go forage in the garden for our dinner soon. And collect the eggs before something else steals them!

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
hope you get better soon!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
HowiMetdaSlayer hope you get better soon!
You can always tell when I am "better" cos I dont whinge and bitch on here :p It'll never be fully healed. Got told it was in my head for over a decade before a rando GP decided it wasnt and the CT scan proved it wasnt. Far too late for any sort of rehab. Just relief seeking. I still cant get over the anger of misdiagnosis. Its really hard to question sanity every single day when I was never actually insane to begin with - everything I experienced was a real reaction to spinal injury, body damage and extreme pain. The therapy and drugs and excessive time in hospital destroyed any chance of a "normal" life. I am so lucky I live where I do - cos nothing is "normal" here. I do miss my sisters. They cut me off when I started taking psych meds, but the docs convinced me I was a nutcase and needed them, they said the side effects and withdrawal didn't exist. They do. NOW I am a nutcase but they can't manipulate me like that again. I will die before I agree to take drugs daily again.

Today is another "rest-ish" day. It was bright and sunny this morning for walkies but when the clouds roll over it gets really cold. I will not be leaving town today. Poor Xander -mans tummy is still a bit bad from eating the green house food, I think it has a higher water content than store bought being so fresh. Maybe I will try picking it earlier in the day today. He doesn't appear sick, he's still doing his normal eating and snuggling of Anya but has the runs. Some people are so shallow when they assume I dont want babies because of the poo - I pick up poo daily, and have done my entire adult life. Silly people thinking that is the worst thing babies do! I miss pony poo :( :( :(

I think my neck and back would be much better if I was as strong as I was when I was riding. Everything would be so easily fixed if I just won lotto :p I am so weak and feel like my muscles are getting weaker. Maybe just old, and bored of gardening. And cold. I should start the fire later. I do love my new power tools. I have never really used them before because it was very religious where I lived before and women did the baking and men did the making. I have cut down some branches with an electric hand saw and it was so EASY compared with the manual one! I could go bush and grab a few branches for fire wood but everything will be too wet or green to work this year. Haven't figured out how to communicate to the town wood man that I need small logs and not massive bits just cos I have a massive fireplace. Cant lift big bits!

Oh there's a boring morning essay for yas. Time to go find food. I am not looking forward to checking my bank account this week... The fridge should be ready to turn back on in a couple hours. I wont fill it again til next week sometime anyway. Costs almost as much as the cafe when I factor in time, energy and petrol anyway. And the cost of Chiro when I inevitably put my back out carrying water in haha.

Top Bottom