• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day - part 8

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I am not leaving town today... I really need to leave town for a day. Stir crazy. But, neck hurts, migrainey, best to rest. @Last Watcher will have to do my share of the gardening again.

Fog was heavy again today, only just lifting now so I shall get my butt up and go for my walk and let the supernatural birds out. Squirrel is settling in well, she and Moose were so happy when they were reunited.

Wild Birds were back as my alarm today too. Much nicer than waking up to drills. Have a good one good peeps :)

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
hope you feel better soon!
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Sorry....Too darn hot for gardening. Aussi weather!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Where's all your weekend goss? Boring boarders ;)

Today is going really well so far. Got the washing on, planted some seeds, watered the garden, chased some chickens. The sun is out and the sky is cool blue and clear. I have seedlings in my hydroponics! The oregano, pak choy and rocket seedlings have sprouted their little heads :) I wasnt sure it would work cos I didn't test the water and it was a new experiment and the packets say it's too cold to plant seeds, but the little babies have poked their heads through and look to be alive. I will have to think of something for when the rain comes, the set up as I have it now will flood too easily and I could lose the lot again. Gona have a look in the tip shop tomorrow :D

I got the snots, I bet from hanging around with all those grotty kids and their parents. I know FOR SURE I can't live like that. How gross. I am going to make my own convent, that way I can contribute but keep the community at a safe distance while I sing along to God. I don't ruminate if I pray. And prayer keeps the silly sausages at bay. I'll be the troll on the highway.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Today's my brother's birthday! He always does nice things for us on our birthdays, so when he wakes up I'll go over there and make him breakfast. And feed kitteh...the always hungry kitteh. 😹

I bought some of those metallic birthday balloons yesterday, and I hope they haven't died in the car! Anyway, I'm glad we've all survived another year.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
besties birthday is this week too

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I feel sorry for the construction workers now. They just got here. It would have taken over 3 hours for them to drive here, work a day, sleep a night in the caravan park work at dawn and drive 3 hours home again. Then onto another job. The shire are such lying dimwits - why hire these blokes from so far? Its no fun for them to travel so far on low wage, makes the job ultra slow all while local area contractor go workless. Stupidity.

Anxiety is big today. I know what i want, what i need, but still duno how to take the steps. Or if its all a delusion in a delusional world. Man, the pull is stronger than ever, it would have been easier in another time.

Gotta get out of town, gotta refresh my face.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I hate summer.

I woke in the afternoon (because when I woke earlier it was too hot to move) and finally got up, and finally unpacked the summer duvet I'd bought in Ikea last month, so tonight will be interesting (I've never owned a summer duvet before), and then headed over to my mom's to wash my bed stuff (I woke up smelling how much it needed a good wash, ew).

I was practically not even out of the shower yet and still wrapped in towels, and yet sweating so much that it ran down my face. And, yes, I know the difference between water and sweat.

I hate summer.

Octavia
Octavia
Hehe I'd never owned a winter duvet/doona before i lived here. Dont melt!
Black Thorn
I have found out that I am an absolute fool of a human and cannot read simple questions despite very well knowing the answers to the questions. I would be feeling quite depressed if it wasn't for the fact the mistakes were so stupid all I could do was laugh.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I just got back from the first day of the jury panel. This was an introduction to the case which was 2nd degree murder and the arraignment took place in front of us (the accused pled not guilty). Jury selection starts tomorrow and based on the size of the panel, I have about a 20% chance of being selected.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Well it's half past 5, I've given up trying to sleep anymore. My eyes are already running from the hayfever and I've barely moved to see how my back is today.

Today is going to be a long day

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Sunglasses were a good idea :) @Ethan Reigns .
Lunchtime now and no aura. Working on puters is fun! I might sell myself as a type up person, I like typing with a spell check! So much easier lol.

Day after is always the worst @nightshade tomorrow will be better.

I am eating a red velvet cupcake. If i catch the flu, this is the culprit. It was uncovered on the bench near the til. I came in after a line of dirty tradies. Tempting fate...

Also @Puppet just sleep in a sheet !) Coming from an aussie, summer nights are too hot to wear clothes. ;)

Puppet
Puppet
I can't sleep in a sheet, I hate it, the way it sticks to you like glue. Nope, no thanks.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I think I dodged a bullet.

The case that the jury was being selected for was... interesting. My wife filled me in on it when I got home from court today. A Chinese guy in Toronto walked in on his girlfriend talking via Skype to a second boyfriend in China and killed her back in 2012. The guy in China called the police in Toronto but by the time they got there, the body was gone. They were finding pieces of her all over Toronto for a while.

The jury selection procedure was interesting. They had partitioned into prospective jurors into six groups of 20 people. They selected two assessors from the jury pool who were tasked to ask questions of prospective jurors. The judge made it clear that even if people were prejudiced against anyone Chinese, that did not automatically bar them from serving on the jury. Before they got to ask questions (about bias), the prosecutor and the defence attorney would say "content" or "challenge" meaning they were contented with the selection or wanted to challenge is and no explanations were required.

This was one time when being challenged meant I was smart. I was in the second group of twenty and they had only chosen two jurors out of the first group and none by the time I was questioned and I was fifteenth in our group. It would have paid $120 a day to sit for the estimated four weeks the trial was going to take and I could have used the $2400 but it looks like that will not happen. The best part? I can't be called for jury duty for another three years.

Octavia
Octavia
Scary case!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
@Puppet truth be told, I don't always sleep with a sheet either, sometimes it just ties me in knots!

It always cools down at night now where I am now thank chuck, hot nights are nice for holidays but not to live in.

Super stormy today :) more wind than rain again,but its so nice to have some clould cover! Might nap and practice music and nap and read.

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
What instrument do you play?

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Today is going to be a long day
Your today sounds like my today. Woke at 3am after going to sleep at 11. Been up ever since. And my back is killing me for some reason too. Too much work stress for me. I need to take up them adult beverages again.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
I went to sleep at 10:30pm and woke up at exactly 2:45am. So we've BOTH been up for awhile. It really screws with your mind. 😵

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I was up at 7 after going to bed after 2am. But back in bed now cos my toes got cold. I let the quacks play on the patio today, very windy day. I might get pizza later. Carbs call me.

@Ethan Reigns I have the keyboard out. I am not a pro. My training was in clarinet, we only learnt keyboard for voice, so I sing to the bunnies too, more out of habit. I was trying to hunt down sheet muisc for a song by Metric, but couldn't find a free copy so was muddling through the melody last night. I just pick it up quicker with the music in front of me :/ wish I could find my clarinet! Sounds so much nicer.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I was up at 7 after going to bed after 2am. But back in bed now cos my toes got cold. I let the quacks play on the patio today, very windy day. I might get pizza later. Carbs call me.

@Ethan Reigns I have the keyboard out. I am not a pro. My training was in clarinet, we only learnt keyboard for voice, so I sing to the bunnies too, more out of habit. I was trying to hunt down sheet muisc for a song by Metric, but couldn't find a free copy so was muddling through the melody last night. I just pick it up quicker with the music in front of me :/ wish I could find my clarinet! Sounds so much nicer.
Another Metric fan? I went to Royal York Collegiate Institute, the high school that morphed into the Etobicoke School of the Arts and Metric lead singer Emily Haines went there. Their most famous student was expelled before he could graduate: Keanu Reeves. Our world is smaller than we think!

Octavia
Octavia
Yeah I really like Metric.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
What a wonderful day it is today, said he his voice filled with sarcasm. It is 11:36am 6/6/19, the wind is howling and because it hasn't rained for ages there is a dust storm outside. I can hardly see the house on the next property. I can see the swirls of dust rise from the field below me.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
What a wonderful day it is today, said he his voice filled with sarcasm. It is 11:36am 6/6/19, the wind is howling and because it hasn't rained for ages there is a dust storm outside. I can hardly see the house on the next property. I can see the swirls of dust rise from the field below me.
Yep haha. I am a few hundred kms from you and the same thing is happening here! It happened last year too. Wind hit before the rain. I actually havent braved going out even for my walk. Didnt even let the chickens out. I am scared they will blow away! Where did the wind come from?

*Sings* no one can teeeelll me, nobody knoows, where the wind comes from, and where the wind goes.

I duno who the most famous from my highschool was. A few are 'aussie' famous. The former prime minister went there too. He recently died and now they are naming a new school after him. I guess it means they'll close my old one, it sits on prime real estate.

I did not do as well as others from that school. I will struggle putting pants on to get pizza soon lol. And I have a whole host of people who like to inform me of how uneducated and dumb I am. I dont blame them. The 132 IQ of childhood dropped to a lowly 114 last "official" test at 18. Now I'd be surprised if it hit 69 lol.

Now where are those pants ...

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I have a photo you might like, back in 1987 I was doing a 'round Australia trip and camped out at Coober Pedy, that was in the days before civilisation ventured there. A sign that was at the entrance of the drive in cinema was, "No explosives allowed." While I was there in Cooper Pedy I got a photo of a dust storm rolling in, it was two hundred or so meters high.
For all you non aussie folk, Cooper Pedy is where 45% of the worlds Opal comes from.

Top Bottom