• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day? -Part 9

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I was moping around because of family stuff. Just...blah. But the Universe snapped it's fingers, and refocused my attention on something else: I suddenly noticed there were ants on my legs. Oh hell no! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I jumped up, looked around, and ran to get the ant spray. But I didn't have any! So, I stripped off my jeans and shoes, threw them in the sink (drowning the ants yay!) and followed the ant trail to the back door. There were SO MANY! Having a party on the porch, just lolling around on the garden wall, near the door. Like an Ant Club Med. ๐Ÿœ๐Ÿœ๐Ÿœ๐Ÿœ I filled a pot with scauldingly hot water and disseminated them. Stamped on the ones inside....which was kind of fun with death metal playing. Yeah, picture that. ๐Ÿ˜› I hate ants, because there's never just ONE. It's always a hundred or something. Note to self: Buy a can of ant spray.
There's ants in my kitchen, yes I grabbed the ant powder, but they're under the cupboard, just kill them all!

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
For the past many years now, I've really struggled with what I eat. It's really just microwaveable food and takeout unless I'm eating at someone else's. Home cooked meals are not a thing in my house. I used to be really good at it, though. 5 (maybe more) years ago, after figuring out that going on a diet is a bad idea, I instead changed what I ate and the quantity of it, as well. Lately, I've been ready to return to it, if not all at once. I started a few weeks ago, making lasagna (which feeds me for 3 days) and pasta with meat sauce (which feeds me for 4 days). Tonight I wanted something different...and I'd forgotten how good a homecooked meal is <3

I used to eat these all the time - they're called Gypsy steaks (no clue if that's the actual title, I just translated it directly from Danish) and they're dipped in this delicious barbecue sauce. Then there's the yummy scalloped potatoes that I can never get enough of. :D

(btw, I tried to look for the old thread where we would post what we ate - or maybe rate it? - anyway, I think it's in the cemetery, couldn't find it)

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
You know those people who feel the need to write passive aggressive notes rather than confront you? The absolute worst. Especially if it's on a whiteboard and everyone can see it. If you're gonna make it a public spectacle then don't put it past me when I reply to your note on the whiteboard. They're just lucky I replied in pen.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Okay, so I tried to get the darkest hair this time and didn't touch the parts that were already blonde. We'll see how it ends up, my limit is 3 rounds of bleach in a week and I've reached that now. I've got plans tomorrow so I'm hoping I can finish dyeing it tonight; I've got some pretty cool plans, hope it comes out looking even slightly the way I see it in my head, lol.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
bleach! Poor hair

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn
Today I saw Elin Woods (ex-wife of Tiger Woods) at the mall (she's from this area). She is five years older than me and she is freaking gorgeous in person and looks about 100 years younger than me *life is unfair* :p

(pretty sure @Anyanka Bunny Slayer is prettier though)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra ๐Ÿ’€
Black Thorn
Today I saw Elin Woods (ex-wife of Tiger Woods) at the mall (she's from this area). She is five years older than me and she is freaking gorgeous in person and looks about 100 years younger than me *life is unfair* :p

(pretty sure @Anyanka Bunny Slayer is prettier though)
Awww you're so sweet. And a lot prettier than me or Elin. One girl should not be allowed that much beautiful hair. If you ever cut it, I'll hunt you down. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Anyway, Elin is cute, but also filthy rich; she can afford all kinds of daily beauty treatments. She probably bathes in sheep embryos and champagne. Not to sound petty or jealous. ๐Ÿ˜…

Last edited:
Bluebird
Bluebird
och wheesht , yer gorgeous

Bluebird

Black Thorn
I'm doing good, thanks for asking! ;)

I've completed a few projects I'd been working on (entrelac scarfs) and now just need someone to gift them to. One will be for the mother at least. I'm now using a load of scrap colours to make a gradient of nature colours in the same pattern, starting from greys, to browns, to greens, to blues - like the layers of Earth. I have a pile of reds and pinks too, thematically they'd probably go above the green I think? I think that's the best order.

After this I'm gonna get back to perfecting my sock-making technique. Those I will definitely need to start donating, cos I've already made two full bags worth of completed pairs.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I forgot to send myself the updated poster that I needed to email people, started emailing before I realised that it was the wrong one, so now I have to re-email people tonight. I wanted to get it done while I have time to waste at work!

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn
It is great to be the favorite aunt, and have kids trust you completely as their safe haven and what not, but also, whenever my niece wants me to come with her to the bathroom, there is a part of me that silently goes โ€sweet, precious, baby angel... couldnโ€™t your mom wipe your bum for you, instead?โ€

Puppet
Puppet
I'm not at that age...yet :D
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
What's that Puppet, you don't wipe your own bum yet? That is beyond kinky, drink plenty of thick corn soup do you?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra ๐Ÿ’€
Black Thorn
My life is actually kind of insane these days. My parents are acting irrationally; my brother was cremated a couple of weeks ago, but I only found out recently. Like, "Oh by the way, he was cremated." Thanks for THAT bit of information, mum. WTF. The memorial arrangements are still being planned, apparently. Even though we were very close, I know nothing about what's going on. This shouldn't be such a mystery to the rest of us. I understand that mum is grieving, but she isn't the ONLY person who lost somebody!!! I was very close to my brother; and his kitteh. Now they're both gone. Its a HUGE void in my life.

When I asked her about the planned memorial, she said, "You'll know when you need to know." WHAT??!! Okay, I'm not the crazy one here. He died June 22nd ffs. Why is this all being handled so secretively? My family is just A LOT stranger than I ever imagined. I still haven't really accepted his death on an emotional level...I just don't think about it. At least, I TRY not to. Everything is insane. The way I deal with it is to NOT deal with it.

Last edited:

Bluebird

Black Thorn
My day was going okay and then got immediately better when I got home! One of the scumbags that uses my neighbours house for a 3 day bender every week, got accidentally locked in by the owner, so decided to make a sheet rope out of bedsheets and jump out the top floor window - mostly to show off to his female scumbag - and ended up with half the guy's bedroom hanging out the window and him in someone else's garden screaming in pain as the ambulance got there.
I so wish I had been at home at the time to open the window wide and just laugh and laugh and laugh. I actually can't see out my bedroom window now cos of this bedsheet rope.

Top Bottom