• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How will you make 2021 a better year for yourself?

BaskingINBangel

I'm a little bit bison
Going to keep it simple and mostly achievable this year.

1. Do more charity/volunteer work.
2. Spend more time with God/reading the Bible.
3. Create at least one more online income stream.
4. Attend a few events that I've never been to before, and travel to new places if possible.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I really want to read more this year, despite having plenty of time last year I didn't read much.
Also want to learn new recipes, and not just sweet treats! I don't want to get stuck in a rut with meals.

Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Same! Check out the Minimalist Baker blog! I use it a lot and there's some great recipes on there.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Great thread idea! I love this.

Firstly, yeah it's been an incredibly challenging year for all of us, and as hard as it is some days, staying positive and focusing on goals has helped me a lot.

For me, I plan to continue the skills I've been working on last year; cooking, doing yoga everyday and reading more. I've also started hiking, which has been really fun! I also started a little side hustle where I sell vintage stuff on ebay, so that's been really cool to develop.

I'm also trying to make a career change to bartending. Easier said than done, though. Where I live, in WA state, we've been under severe restrictions since March due to Covid. All bars and restaurants are closed, except for a few doing outdoor seating. So at this point, I'm laid off from the restaurant I work at. I've been using this time wisely though to get certified in Alcohol Server Training online and watching You Tube vids on making drinks so I can be prepared when the time comes to train.

I'd also really like to start writing fan fiction again (not Buffy fandom though).

However, I'd say my biggest life goal this year is to start the process of attempting to buy a house. My sister passed last July, and left me some money, so I will have a down payment which I am immensely grateful for. However, can't get a loan without a job so...we'll see how it goes.

TriBel

Scooby
I went to Goodreads and put my goal at 12 books for 2021, even though I didn't reach my 2020 goal of 6 books...
My Goodreads goal is 30, but I'm doubtful that I'll get anywhere close to that.
Mine is zero. I think I've lost the ability to read (but not buy) books. I'm looking for @nightshade 's "telephone box library" and I'm going to stuff it to the brim.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Mine is zero. I think I've lost the ability to read (but not buy) books. I'm looking for @nightshade 's "telephone box library" and I'm going to stuff it to the brim.
Set one up, that's what I did, just stuck a sign on the door with book swap on it and left some books in it, someone else then made shelves in there and it's used a lot now.

TriBel
TriBel
There's one in a village about 4 miles away. I could leave them there.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
I went to Goodreads and put my goal at 12 books for 2021, even though I didn't reach my 2020 goal of 6 books...
What about fanfic? Not technically books to be counted on GR, but good reading nonetheless 😊

There is also a home for wayward books in Sweden. I technically don’t need any help in procuring books, but just thinking of them... in a bookshelf, or in a booth, in the cold, unread and unsure of a secure roof over their heads... just tugs my heart strings, it does.

Priceless

Scooby
Well done to everyone who's losing weight! You are really motivating me, I'm just piling it on at the moment.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Don't want to comment on politics. However, if you're planning on causing mischief, you might want to not wear anything conspicuous. Just saying. ;)

TriBel
TriBel
Also...talking straight to camera without a mask of any description...not recommended.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I'm jusy trying to keep my expectations low all I want this year is:

- A peaceful time in lockdown until the summer.
- Hopefully be out of lockdown and tiers in the summer.
- A peaceful time in lockdown from September-This time next year.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Top Bottom