• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question How would W&H claim Harmony's soul for the afterlife when she has none?

Napoleon

Potential
Black Thorn
Come to think of it, all the vampire employees have none.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Maybe it's their soul from when they were human?
Again, this is my problem. If their 'human' souls are still out there floating around so that WRH and take control of them, and two random vampires can be re-ensouled then why weren't more souls put into play? They could have had an army of 'good' vampires with souls fighting on their side.

But in direct response to the answer above me, that is highly unlikely. Why would an evil vampire really care if WRH held onto their human soul?

white avenger

white avenger
Maybe W&H were just bluffing. Remember, this is Harmony we're talking about, and she's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

On the other hand, maybe the human soul of each vampire actually is "just floating around" somewhere, being held in some kind of stasis, unable to go on to whatever reward or punishment that their mortal life had earned for them until the vampire is dusted. That would, at least, explain why Angel and Spike were able to have their souls restored without the "being ripped out of heaven (or hell) trauma that Buffy experienced when she returned ib Season 6.

laianna
laianna
This makes sense. Their souls hadn't moved on yet.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I agree. A corpse infected with a vampire is still alive enough to keep the soul in not-purgatory, or the either as the gypsy called it, filthy people, let us never speak of them again, which is a lower plane of heaven. Which increases the horror and heroism of the story.

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
maybe the human soul of each vampire actually is "just floating around" somewhere, being held in some kind of stasis, unable to go on to whatever reward or punishment that their mortal life had earned for them until the vampire is dusted.
I agree. A corpse infected with a vampire is still alive enough to keep the soul in not-purgatory, or the either as the gypsy called it, filthy people, let us never speak of them again, which is a lower plane of heaven.
Aside from the mention of the aether, I can't remember if it was ever explained properly in either show but this ^^ has always been my take on it.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
It's also possible that normally, a Vampire's indestructible aspects normally would leave the physical plane and rejoin Malichoir's essence, but odds are Wolfram & Hart has a way to keep that from happening. For the right price. Allowing demons transit to upper regions does seem to be a core business in Angel S5.

Top Bottom