• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I am going be honest I have never really like Faith!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Count me in! Faith was always reckless and unable to connect with people and if you need an example, when she does the body switch with Riley and he treats her like a lover, she backs away, confused about what he wants. She was also a criminal with the want - take - have mentality who broke into a sporting goods store to steal whatever she wanted. She tries to frame Buffy for the murder of Deputy Mayor Allan Finch. She almost kills Xander who is saved by Angel. She is a real piece of work.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.

I was going to leave this alone, since it is more of an opinion than an argument being presented, but since my name's been dropped, I'm just gonna say that haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

littlemisscooby
littlemisscooby
I must admit, Faith is definitely hot. Dark and stormy lol.
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
I on you side . Faith & Buffy were wicked hot dancing . And a lot of other times as well.

littlemisscooby

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo.
She always bothered me a little to an extent. Not so much in season 7, but when she appeared in season 3, she was a bit of a pot stirrer from the start (this was obviously the intention of the writers). I kind of felt bad for her that she never fit in with the Scoobies, but the Scoobies had a bond that had been built up over 2 years already. Even Angel and Cordelia had to do their time before they were really 'let in' to the tight knit group that was Buffy, Giles, Xander and Willow. Oz kind of just slipped in there as Willow's boyfriend, but he was cool and cruisey. Faith found it hard to connect with others in general, so being the way she was coupled with a group that had already been tightly established, it was going to take a lot of persevering she wasn't willing to do. She never really allowed them the chance to get to know her properly due to her closed off nature. I think Buffy wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt countless times, despite being another alpha female. Perhaps this is why they always butt heads.

I did like how she defended Buffy to Scott after he dumped Buffy and was seen with another girl at the Homecoming. I also liked that she never wanted to try and take Buffy's place as leader in Season 7, she was more than happy being Buffy's right hand woman and left her ego behind.

Overall though, she was destructive to others (purposefully) and unpredictable. She was troubled and as Giles put it, 'unstable'. She was an inexperienced Slayer and didn't really want to learn the ropes. We all thought Buffy was a bit resistant to the 'slayer handbook' until Faith showed up, which made Buffy look like a girl scout in comparison.

Sorry in advance if I have rubbed anyone up the wrong way by writing this lol. I wouldn't go as far to say I disliked her, but she wasn't my favourite character and I still prefer Kendra.

Priceless

Scooby
I am not a big fan either, but we're not meant to like her. She is the bad slayer after all. I don't hate her, but I've never liked her. She does got on an interesting journey of redemption, but I still wouldn't trust her. Even when she's being friendly there is always an edge to her, something untrustworthy. I completely understand why she and Buffy could never be real friends.

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
I love Faith, and I'll always enjoy seeing her screen and the journey her character goes on (even its ugliest parts) but yeah, I'm in the same camp as many others in that while I love her, I still agree with what is being said in this thread and I can definitely see why some might find her overrated. She's very charismatic and dynamic, which I think draws a lot of people to the character, but she's not the best thing since sliced bread and she obviously has a lot of flaws. But I do love the flaws, I'm here for the flaws. :) It's all five by five.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Sliced bread is overrated 😛

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I've never disliked the character, but I've oft wondered how the character would improved had better actor ben cast in the role.

littlemisscooby

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo.
I am not a big fan either, but we're not meant to like her. She is the bad slayer after all. I don't hate her, but I've never liked her. She does got on an interesting journey of redemption, but I still wouldn't trust her. Even when she's being friendly there is always an edge to her, something untrustworthy. I completely understand why she and Buffy could never be real friends.
Well said. I feel like if we all had a potential friend like that in our friend group, nobody would be able to truly connect with her because you’re always worried she has an agenda. Cordelia was mean sometimes but at least people knew where she stood. Eliza played the character well.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Faith is a fantastic character and her flaws are a big reason why I love her :)

I like it when my favorites have flaws and "holes" that shouldn't be there, it just makes them a lot more human and a lot more compelling, I don't like boring perfect characters who are supposed to be little angels...

Top Bottom