• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I dont think Buffy would become close friends with Faith even if she had stayed good.

Benz

Potential
Despite there being some sort friendship between them in early stages i still think even Faith had stayed good they would never grow to be best friends.

In fact i think Faith would eventually left Sunnydale and fight demons else but still got in contact when necessary.

Priceless

Scooby
I agree with you. Faith and Buffy are such different people, yet sharing one job, they would just annoy each other. One or other of them would have to fundamentally change who they were as a person to co-exist happily.

Faded90

Potential
See I’ve always thought in any other season if Faith had rocked up for the first time they would have been extremely close. It’s mostly because Buffy is understandably so focussed on Angel and helping him after s2, it tends of be Angel issues that come between her and Faith in s3
- until the evil obviously 😂

Theyre very different in superficial ways but underneath it are really similar, if they could drop their walls to each other slightly I think they could be great friends and supportive to each other (although obviously being closed off is pretty much defining traits for both of them 😂).
I do think Buffy is written slightly ooc in some of s3 as they go overboard in the ‘shadow self’ stuff and make Buffy far more prissy than she usually is. Scenes like her being sheepish about breaking into the weapons store but a season later breaking into the magic shop and dismissing Riley’s argument with a ‘don’t have time to play by the rules’. Or the scene at the beginning of Bad Girls where she tells Faith ‘oh but we have to’ about following Wes’s orders when a season previous she’d stared Kendra down with a ‘I don’t take orders. I do things my way’. I feel like Buffy how she usually is and Faith could be great friends. They’re my favourite relationship in the show because it’s so complex

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I disagree at first Buffy and Faith develop friction because of outside influences. At first Buffy is still recovering from the trauma of Angel and running away which causes her to be unfairly triggered and intimidated by Faith. Faith has deep rooted issues from her life pre-sunnydale. Buffy got over feeling jealous of Faith as they grew closer in season 3 but then the accidental killing happened and that triggered problems in Faith she couldn't get over. That's literally why they fell out without the problems I 100% believe they'd be best friends.

burrunjor

Potential
Funny thing is I think Faith wanted to be friends with Buffy more than the other way around. I think that's part of why Faith was so angry at her. Not saying that justifies it, but I think Faith felt "**** this bitch, she thinks she's too good for me." Faith seemed desperate to have a Slayer, girlie best friend as lets face it she had no one else, where as Buffy obviously didn't need that.

To be fair though even before going evil, Faith gave Buffy reasons not to want to be friends with her, but still I do think Buffy was harsh on Faith, before the whole murder thing LOL.

The same was true in S7. Faith I feel was eager to be friends with Buffy again, but Buffy was hateful and even violent towards her. (She punched her twice for no reason and seemed to really enjoy it the first time.)

In some ways I think Buffy and Faith are like Lindsey and Angel in the sense of ironically the hero just hates the villain not even because they are evil, just because they dislike them personally LOL.

Lets face it, Buffy and Angel deal with people who are far worse than either Lindsey or Faith, and they both go ridiculously easy on them compared to those two. Spike, Willow, Darla, Connor, and in Angel's case ironically Faith herself.

All of these characters have not only killed more people or potentially led to more pain and suffering, but they also caused both heroes more or as much grief personally too, so it's not even a case of they hurt me more.

Yet Angel and Buffy almost resent seeing Lindsey and Faith reform and do good LOL. That said Buffy was better than Angel as at least she didn't actually have Faith killed (but then again maybe Lindsey wasn't capable of redemption.) Still that's how I see it.

Faded90

Potential
Funny thing is I think Faith wanted to be friends with Buffy more than the other way around. I think that's part of why Faith was so angry at her. Not saying that justifies it, but I think Faith felt "**** this bitch, she thinks she's too good for me." Faith seemed desperate to have a Slayer, girlie best friend as lets face it she had no one else, where as Buffy obviously didn't need that.

To be fair though even before going evil, Faith gave Buffy reasons not to want to be friends with her, but still I do think Buffy was harsh on Faith, before the whole murder thing LOL.

The same was true in S7. Faith I feel was eager to be friends with Buffy again, but Buffy was hateful and even violent towards her. (She punched her twice for no reason and seemed to really enjoy it the first time.)

In some ways I think Buffy and Faith are like Lindsey and Angel in the sense of ironically the hero just hates the villain not even because they are evil, just because they dislike them personally LOL.

Lets face it, Buffy and Angel deal with people who are far worse than either Lindsey or Faith, and they both go ridiculously easy on them compared to those two. Spike, Willow, Darla, Connor, and in Angel's case ironically Faith herself.

All of these characters have not only killed more people or potentially led to more pain and suffering, but they also caused both heroes more or as much grief personally too, so it's not even a case of they hurt me more.

Yet Angel and Buffy almost resent seeing Lindsey and Faith reform and do good LOL. That said Buffy was better than Angel as at least she didn't actually have Faith killed (but then again maybe Lindsey wasn't capable of redemption.) Still that's how I see it.
Other people may have collectively done worse than Faith but none of them have done as much personally to Buffy as Faith has - that’s always been the issue. For a while and especially during the body swap Faith basically enjoyed toying with Buffy’s life for the fun of it

I also think Buffy was more than kind to Faith outside of the initial episode. The problem is that Faith isn’t the only person in Buffy’s life, she can’t always be her priority. I don’t think Buffy ever showed pre Faith going evil that she thought she wa better than Faith.

S7 I understood why Buffy was still wary, honestly why wouldn’t she be? Faith can’t just have her slate completely wiped clean. When Buffy punches Faith it’s because she’s mentioned Molly who has just died who was also the potential Buffy has known the longest and was pretty much the only one who wasn’t totally obnoxious towards Buffy - it was an emotional reaction hence why Faith is worried about her and not angry about it. They end the series on a good note- the handing of the scyfhe is one of my favourite in the verse and warms my Fuffy heart

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya

I think as big part of it was Buffy was jealious of Faith . She didnt seem to worry about things was very free spirted & also liked Buffy .
And all of those things wer thing she couldnt do plus she couldt let on that she liked Faith since that would be so different then
what she had been before she meet Faith .

Top Bottom