• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

I hate Darla!!

LostBeloved

Townie
Okay, I hope that this is the correct place to put this in, if not too bad. LOL. But I really hate Darla. I hate the innocent girl route that she puts on in BTVS season 1 And Angel is annoying as hell. He voices turns me off, and whats even more repulsive is the idea that Angelus would spend one moment with her. Ughhh. Shes a character I would really like to personally kill. What do you guys think???

Chosen Enemy

Losing my soul
In season 1, yes, I hated her too. Not a huge fun of her on Angel, but she becomes kinda okay. But I agree about her in season 1, I didn't like her style. Or maybe it was the bangs.

HalloweenRain

Balderdash and chicanery
I agree, Darla was a character I never could stomach. I don't hate her as much as I hate other characters though...*cough*Kennedy*cough*.

Chosen Enemy
Chosen Enemy
Kennedy hatred karma
I'm not the biggest fan of Darla, but I do like Julie Benz. Her voice doesn't annoy me, just what they did with the character. Here's another character that had the potential to be terrifying, and wasn't. Joss is really good at that...

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
I like the innocent girl routine... that first scene in the school when she went from prey to predator... that was great. :)

I like darla, and more and more as her character was given more room to develop.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Okay, I hope that this is the correct place to put this in, if not too bad.

Yeah, not exactly the right attitude to have. It WAS in the wrong place but has been moved to the correct forum. Please take more time in the future to post in the most appropriate forum. Thank you.

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
I love Darla. I thought she was a very interesting character, sure on season 1 of BTVS she was a bit underwhelming but IMO she more than made up for that on Angel.

I like the innocent girl routine... that first scene in the school when she went from prey to predator... that was great. :)

I agree. Plus, I liked the way she used that look to mock Angel about his feelings for Buffy; that was a little preview into just how evil Darla could be.

Old Master 3.0

Watchers Council
Watcher
Black Thorn
Whoa.
I read the title of this thread and thought it was a hate thread about the Buffy-Boards Admin! Nearly gave me a damned heart attack. I was all, "NOOOOO! YOU FOOL! YOU'LL KILL US ALLL!! ;):p:p

But no, seriously, people are allowed to hate whichever character that truly burns their scrod, but I can't imagine anyone hating Darla (the character). I just don't see it. Kennedy. Dawn. Now THOSE I can understand. :p

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
Kennedy and Dawn dislike karma!
WileyDairyGnome
WileyDairyGnome
[No message]
E
EffieT1
[No message]

Goby

Brb, shipping Snoyce
Sineya
I'm not a big fan, but I am a big Angelus fan. And where's there's Darla, there's usually Angelus.

BTW, I absolutely love Julie Benz in Dexter.

Hale Caesar

Sunnydale Nerd
Darla is frickin awesome. She brought so much drama and fun to Angel. And Julie Benz is one of the best Buffyverse actors, what's not to love?

I guess everyone has their own opinion though...

M

MixolydiaJCF

Darla was F*ing ugly, and even uglier when she turned.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
[MENTION=11589]MixolydiaJCF[/MENTION] disagrees: Ooh I have an opinion that differs from yours!
No, that has nothing to do with it. A lot of us disagree on a lot of topics on here, and I know that Darla is not everyone's favorite character. It's the way in which you're going about it that is off-putting. We can disagree and discuss in a friendlier tone. In fact, we're a pretty friendly bunch here in general! Even our Spuffy vs Bangel debates are usually good-natured. :)

Goby

Brb, shipping Snoyce
Sineya
Darla was F*ing ugly, and even uglier when she turned.

Darla was ugly?? You must be watching Buffy/Angel in a parallel universe where Rosanne Barr plays Darla.

Julie Benz is HOT!!!. ;)

PS -- I do agree with [MENTION=10354]VisionGirl[/MENTION]'s comment.

Old Master 3.0
Old Master 3.0
No, no, no, man....you've got to go uglier than that. Somewhere around the vicinity of a Rosie O'Donnell. :p
H
Hale Caesar
[No message]
B
badwolf
maybe darla ugly on the inside? cuz she is HOT on the outside!
brinkster130
brinkster130
LOL! you are amazing!

Enemies

*insert user title here*
Sineya
I dont hate Darla i just dont think shes a good charaxter, shes not interesting to me. I understand that shes a character used to develop Angels character but shes boring to me.

VisionGirl
VisionGirl
Even on Angel?

sisterofmercy

Ray of Sunshine..
I can't stand Darla. In Buffy she was just annoying and in Angel she just didn't interest me. I liked that she developed a bit as a character but even then I was glad when she staked herself.

M

MixolydiaJCF

Well thats cool u all have ur own opinion but I don't think it's fair to jump on someoen as a group and more or less force them to sway their opinion abouit someone or something. For example if someoen thought Adam (gross adnroid freak thing) was a major hottie and most of us didn't would it be fair to keep hounding them to basically get them to retract their statement? I'm not saying that that is what is basically happening here but it sure feels like it.

[MENTION=7373]ViS[/MENTION]ion I don't really care if you post my rep comments in teh forums since you can see who repped you anyway, but I did that because I don't think it's fair to neg someone just because they don't share the same sentiments as yourself or the same tone as you.

Top Bottom