• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

I hate Darla!!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
No one has ganged up on you, they are simply disagreeing with you. Please in future express yourself without flaming an actor or being rude to other members.

Let's please return to the topic.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Okay, I hope that this is the correct place to put this in, if not too bad. LOL. But I really hate Darla. I hate the innocent girl route that she puts on in BTVS season 1 And Angel is annoying as hell. He voices turns me off, and whats even more repulsive is the idea that Angelus would spend one moment with her. Ughhh. Shes a character I would really like to personally kill. What do you guys think???

I'm a huge fan of the character of Darla and I think Julie Benz is a quality actress that really makes Darla believable and 3 dimensional. Of course we're not meant to like her particularly, she has many flaws and for the majority of the time that we see her she is playing a deliciously evil villain.

The reason Darla is one of my favourite characters is because she is a unique combination of nasty, yet with this unique fragility to her.

Also I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but...

F*cking ugly?!?!

brinkster130
brinkster130
[No message]
Goby
Goby
What a pic!! She is sooooo hot!!!
TheAnnointedOne
TheAnnointedOne
HOT HOT HOT!!!!!
K
kittenpoker
smoking hot! :-)
Taake
Taake
[No message]

badwolf

Potential
Man I used to hate Darla on Buffy, or more accurately I didnt really feel much for her. She was a bit annoying, and as I didnt pay much attention to her, I kinda forgot her. As I've just gotten into season 2 of Angel, Darla has been AWESOME! I really like her storyline and I'm excited to see where her character goes from there. Plus she's totally HOT!

arabella

Shiny
I think Julie Benz is hot and I prefer her on Dexter and NOF to Buffy. Now Darla...I didn't love her in Buffy, but you weren't supposed to as she was a villain. On Angel, I enjoyed her journey and ultimately came to like her character. So, nope, I don't hate Darla.

LostBeloved

Townie
Yeah, not exactly the right attitude to have. It WAS in the wrong place but has been moved to the correct forum. Please take more time in the future to post in the most appropriate forum. Thank you.

Seriously? I was joking when I wrote that. Thats why it says lol. Just FYI

I like Darla. I think she brought a lot of good acting and character to both Buffy and Angel.

I have Watched Dexter since day one and I didn't like Julie at first because I just didn't want Dexter to be with anyone but Julie just showed how great of an actress she is in that role. So sad Rita is gone ;(

I watched a few episodes of No Ordinary Family and I thought she was awesome. She was such a strong character.

I also am watching her on Roswell right now and she does a great job on this show also.

Anyways I like Julie Benz. That's all.

B
badwolf
wait she was on roswell? dayumm i didn't know that! o_O

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
I wasn't too crazy about Darla on BtVS, but I loved her on "Angel" and felt like she brought a lot of interesting things to the show, especially when it came to finding out more about Angel's past.

WileyDairyGnome

Strong like an Amazon
Sineya
I haven't seen Angel yet (I know, I know.... I said YET), but I actually liked Darla in Buffy. She was cute and crazy. She was annoying at times, sure, but I still liked her, I thought she was a good villain. And Julie Benz is hot. ;)

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
I'm just watching AtS for the first time now!

Cali1079

Townie
I liked Darla's attitude but her look got real boring real fast. I would've liked to see how she would've parented Connor.

NightLady

Potential
Darla in Buffy felt like a totally different character compared with ATS. She was annoyingly submissive and servile with the Master, while in ATS she was smart and wild. When I think at her, I stick to the ATS version and try to forget the small part she had in Buffy lol
Overall, I liked her and think she was the most beautiful woman in both shows.

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Okay, I hope that this is the correct place to put this in, if not too bad. LOL. But I really hate Darla. I hate the innocent girl route that she puts on in BTVS season 1 And Angel is annoying as hell. He voices turns me off, and whats even more repulsive is the idea that Angelus would spend one moment with her. Ughhh. Shes a character I would really like to personally kill. What do you guys think???

Really? Interesting. I love Darla. She's fascinating and one of my very favorite Buffyverse characters.

Robb Stark

King in the North
Sineya
Darla in Buffy felt like a totally different character compared with ATS. She was annoyingly submissive and servile with the Master, while in ATS she was smart and wild. When I think at her, I stick to the ATS version and try to forget the small part she had in Buffy lol
Overall, I liked her and think she was the most beautiful woman in both shows.

Totally. Darla on BTVS is kind of a one-dimensional villain. Her best episode is "Angel", but prior to that I felt like they leaned on her quite a bit and there wasn't enough substance to the character to make it really effective.

However, AtS is a completely different story. She's phenomenal there, and a huge highlight whenever she's on screen. Her arc and chemistry with Angel is top-notch.

NightLady
NightLady
[No message]

Tome

Berktwad
Black Thorn
I don't hate her, but I agree that she was a very weak character on BtVS. As for her time on AtS, she was obviously better, but I still wasn't a big fan. The whole Darla/Angel arc in S2 is one of my least favorite part of the whole show and every time I do a rewatch I can't wait to get past it! Imo, she was only interesting in S3 during Quickening/Lullaby. Not just because she dies ( ;) ), but because her character started to have some depth. It's too bad she had to die just then.

As far as her looks are concerned, I think she looked better on Dexter. ;) On AtS, she was alright. BtVS though... THREE WORDS: school girl outfit! Aaaargh.

R
Robb Stark
Nothing wrong with a cute blond in a schoolgirl outfit lol
Sineya
Darla's initial stint on BtVS really annoyed the bejesus out of me after many a rewatch. Her strength of character really improved in either flashbacks, or on Angel for me, but that initial minionness to the master and the whole "So there's this super strong girl at the high school in the town we're in and we're scared" (obviously paraphrasing :p) ended up really annoying me.

I'm glad that she became a strong character in her own right. I guess that initial writing of her ruined her a little for me.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I love Julie Benz and I love Darla. Again I am another that wasnt as fond of her in season one of Buffy, but season 2 of Angel is my favourite. I would have liked to have seen even more of her in flashbacks.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I don't know how anyone could hate Darla during her Angel run.
During her Buffy run she wasn't great but I didn't hate her.
Darla in Angel is such a fun character. I love her voice , her moments as a human and her reunion with Drusilla.
Her powerful moment in Lullaby where she staked herself was beautiful and she was fantastic.

Top Bottom