• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I read A Long Way Home for the first time today...

Cheyanne Suttle

Potential
And, I've gotta say, reading comic books is really hard for me... I am powering through because I want to know the story but I sure do wish it were a novel..

Mylie

Scooby
I've had the same problem at first and while I'll always prefer novels, reading the buffy comics... I've come to appreciate comic books a bit more.

Of course you might still dislike it, but I think it takes a couple of issues to get used to it and even then, season 8 is not the easiest season to read because Joss went a bit too far with the comic format and it felt (at least to me) like the story wasn't grounded enough, and very far from the verse we knew and loved.

Good luck! And I hope you'll be able to enjoy reading them.

badsister
badsister
there were too much stories there i think...too many big bads and not a lot of explanation of wtf is going on

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
And, I've gotta say, reading comic books is really hard for me... I am powering through because I want to know the story but I sure do wish it were a novel..
I had the exact same issue, and didnt make it to s9. I stil go read spoilers on the boards though haha. I want to know whats happened but just dont like the comic format at all.

badsister

Angel's Avenger
i actually decided to rewatch the motion comics...maybe you should try it? looks weird but cool

white avenger

white avenger
Like most of my generation, I was a big fan of the Marvel superhero books back in the late 60's and early 70's, but I gave it up after that (except for the Death/Return of Superman arcs) so reading the Buffy comics has taken a bit of readjusting to get back into the genre.

Top Bottom