• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I refuse to accept Kennedy as Willow's end game pairing / one true love.

S Rou

Potential
I know I'm late to the party but I recently found out how S12 ended... I refuse to accept that Kennedy is who Willow ends up with and that she loves her more than Tara.

If they weren't going to bring Tara back , they should have kept Willow single and forever devoted to her. I think they did the right thing with Buffy by having her and up with no one so it can be open ended and they should have done this with Willow. Why they felt the need to have Willow marry Kennedy and become a mommy with her is beyond me.

Last edited:

Mylie

Scooby
Did I miss something?

I've read s12 and Willow ends up single?

Where have you read this?

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Did I miss a section somewhere? I don't remember any of that.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
No idea what actually happened to Willow in season 12, but sorry, as a widow, living devoted to a dead person forever, (even though you do love them forever) is a sad way to live. People assume that those of us that move on are somehow betraying the one we love's memory because we find someone new. But... when someone is dead, it isn't like a separation for another reason -- dead is permanent. And most of us who were truly loved know that our partners would want us HAPPY. Many of us are ready to love another very early on. We haven't forgotten our love. But we also haven't stopped being alive. Some of us accept that permanence faster than others. Usually faster than our friends and family and our partner's friends and family can.

That said, I absolutely abhor Kennedy and hope she would never be anyone's end game. But not because 'Willow is wrong to move on'. No one deserves to be stuck in the past with a dead person for company. Just no. Sometimes it does happen, because losing a soulmate is permanently soul-crushing, but there's nothing noble or romantic about living 50 or 70 years alone after losing your partner in your youth. It's just lonely as hell.

NeonSlayer

Potential
I didn't read every issue of s8-12 but what I did had Willow & Kennedy still together 18 months after Chosen. But Willow was already cheating on her. In the s8 finale Willow dumps her. Kennedy blames it on Buffy destroying the Seed which ended up stripping Willow of her magic powers. Willow goes on to flirt and date at least 3+ women. I don't think Kennedy ever found out Willow was cheating on her.

S Rou

Potential
No idea what actually happened to Willow in season 12, but sorry, as a widow, living devoted to a dead person forever, (even though you do love them forever) is a sad way to live. People assume that those of us that move on are somehow betraying the one we love's memory because we find someone new. But... when someone is dead, it isn't like a separation for another reason -- dead is permanent. And most of us who were truly loved know that our partners would want us HAPPY. Many of us are ready to love another very early on. We haven't forgotten our love. But we also haven't stopped being alive. Some of us accept that permanence faster than others. Usually faster than our friends and family and our partner's friends and family can.

That said, I absolutely abhor Kennedy and hope she would never be anyone's end game. But not because 'Willow is wrong to move on'. No one deserves to be stuck in the past with a dead person for company. Just no. Sometimes it does happen, because losing a soulmate is permanently soul-crushing, but there's nothing noble or romantic about living 50 or 70 years alone after losing your partner in your youth. It's just lonely as hell.
First, I express my condolences to you, and I'm very sorry for your loss.

My issue is Willow being slapped with such a horrible person. I absolutely abhor Tara's death and the whole dark Willow arc, despite seeing Willow's dark side being interesting.

I feel that they either should have brought Tara back somehow , or they should have had Willow portrayed as confident and happy but still devoted to her. Is it unrealistic for a person to not move on and still be happy? Maybe. I have not experienced such a thing so I don't know. It's just very disheartening what they did to the one same sex relationship we got. It really is. Maybe I'm wrong for not wanting Willow with anyone else. I don't know.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
First, I express my condolences to you, and I'm very sorry for your loss.

My issue is Willow being slapped with such a horrible person. I absolutely abhor Tara's death and the whole dark Willow arc, despite seeing Willow's dark side being interesting.

I feel that they either should have brought Tara back somehow , or they should have had Willow portrayed as confident and happy but still devoted to her. Is it unrealistic for a person to not move on and still be happy? Maybe. I have not experienced such a thing so I don't know. It's just very disheartening what they did to the one same sex relationship we got. It really is. Maybe I'm wrong for not wanting Willow with anyone else. I don't know.
First, i agree totally about Kennedy. She is totally wrong for Willow. I think it is awful that they stole Tara from us and destroyed one of the rare same sex pairings - one that meant a lot to so many of us. The gave into the old trope where a lesbian or gay relationship had to be destroyed, often by killing one of the lovers. Kennedy makes a poor consolation prize. She's more of a spit in our faces! They screwed up and instead of having Tara return as a reward or something, we get the Kennedy brat. What kind of person insults her host when her host opens the door? That is what she did to Buffy. Kennedy sux.

Thanks for yor condolences. It was a while ago. I rebuilt, though forgetting will never happen. It is possible to be content alone. I considered it, actually. The truth is, I was like most younger people with my whole life ahead of me. I think that especially those who know what a great relationship can be don't want to be alone - we are used to joy. Many want to have family. Plus, being a young widow isolates you from friends your age. Their lives continue, yours doesn't.

It is different when you are older. Then you have memories of a life behind you, maybe one spent with your partner, kids, even. Then, starting over is much harder. And finding someone your age who isn't married can be impossible. And by then, your friends are often widows too.

S Rou

Potential
First, i agree totally about Kennedy. She is totally wrong for Willow. I think it is awful that they stole Tara from us and destroyed one of the rare same sex pairings - one that meant a lot to so many of us. The gave into the old trope where a lesbian or gay relationship had to be destroyed, often by killing one of the lovers. Kennedy makes a poor consolation prize. She's more of a spit in our faces! They screwed up and instead of having Tara return as a reward or something, we get the Kennedy brat. What kind of person insults her host when her host opens the door? That is what she did to Buffy. Kennedy sux.

Thanks for yor condolences. It was a while ago. I rebuilt, though forgetting will never happen. It is possible to be content alone. I considered it, actually. The truth is, I was like most younger people with my whole life ahead of me. I think that especially those who know what a great relationship can be don't want to be alone - we are used to joy. Many want to have family. Plus, being a young widow isolates you from friends your age. Their lives continue, yours doesn't.

It is different when you are older. Then you have memories of a life behind you, maybe one spent with your partner, kids, even. Then, starting over is much harder. And finding someone your age who isn't married can be impossible. And by then, your friends are often widows too.
It is so rare to see a same sex pairing as good and positive as Tillow, but no, they had to ruin it. Even if they did want to do the dark Willow arc, they could have somehow brought Tara back, like the original ending they planned where the show ended with Buffy being given one life changing wish by God / powers that be / whoever and she chose to bring back Tara. Even if Amber Benson wasn't available for filming or whatever, all they had to do was have the final scene be Buffy walking with Willow and Willow asking her what she wished for and Buffy will step aside as the sound of a door opening plays and it cuts to a scene of Willow's shocked smile and she says "Tara!' and it cuts to the end credits.

^ THIS would have been a good way to end the final episode, but no, whedon had to be a douche.

Plus, he killed Anya. I love Anya so much. I can't take Dawn's and Xander's comic relationship seriously. I'm not a big fan of dawn but I admit that she does grow up immensely in S7 and the comics, but their relationship still freaks me out because I can only see Xander with Anya.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I agree pretty much with all you say @S Rou - I have enjoyed writing Xander/Dawn, in TTR series, but even in that story, Anya has a strong role, even though she is dead! :cool:I loved her and X/A so much, I had to have her be part of things.

They had plenty people to kill in Chosen. Andrew, for one! Anya did not need to die. That basically meant that all three scoobies left the one they loved in Sunnydale. Buffy lost Spike, Xander lost Anya and Willow had already lost Tara. It is exactly as if Joss cannot stand happy couples.

Every good relationship in his shows is either destroyed or never really happens. In Buffy, Angel & Firefly. Why?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I am one of those few voices in the wilderness who likes Kennedy, so I would not mind as much as others if she had been the end game but Willow dumps her in the comics so she is not the end game.

Whereas Tara was timid and tended to shy away from a fight, Kennedy was a confident fighter.
Whereas tara would never volunteer to be bringer bait, Kennedy did.
Whereas Tara would have run away screaming if she saw Willow turn into Warren, Kennedy stayed and broke the remining love that would have kept Willow in the past for decades.

I also don't see Kennedy as the end game but I believe she was a necessary encounter for Willow.

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I agree with this.

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
I know I'm late to the party but I recently found out how S12 ended... I refuse to accept that Kennedy is who Willow ends up with and that she loves her more than Tara.

If they weren't going to bring Tara back , they should have kept Willow single and forever devoted to her. I think they did the right thing with Buffy by having her and up with no one so it can be open ended and they should have done this with Willow. Why they felt the need to have Willow marry Kennedy and become a mommy with her is beyond me.
That is because you haven't gotten to know her.

Kennedy did have the potential to change overtime.

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
It is so rare to see a same sex pairing as good and positive as Tillow, but no, they had to ruin it. Even if they did want to do the dark Willow arc, they could have somehow brought Tara back, like the original ending they planned where the show ended with Buffy being given one life changing wish by God / powers that be / whoever and she chose to bring back Tara. Even if Amber Benson wasn't available for filming or whatever, all they had to do was have the final scene be Buffy walking with Willow and Willow asking her what she wished for and Buffy will step aside as the sound of a door opening plays and it cuts to a scene of Willow's shocked smile and she says "Tara!' and it cuts to the end credits.

^ THIS would have been a good way to end the final episode, but no, whedon had to be a douche.

Plus, he killed Anya. I love Anya so much. I can't take Dawn's and Xander's comic relationship seriously. I'm not a big fan of dawn but I admit that she does grow up immensely in S7 and the comics, but their relationship still freaks me out because I can only see Xander with Anya.
You are supposed to respect death, NOT cheat death.

S Rou

Potential
I am one of those few voices in the wilderness who likes Kennedy, so I would not mind as much as others if she had been the end game but Willow dumps her in the comics so she is not the end game.

Whereas Tara was timid and tended to shy away from a fight, Kennedy was a confident fighter.
Whereas tara would never volunteer to be bringer bait, Kennedy did.
Whereas Tara would have run away screaming if she saw Willow turn into Warren, Kennedy stayed and broke the remining love that would have kept Willow in the past for decades.

I also don't see Kennedy as the end game but I believe she was a necessary encounter for Willow.
I think what was so special about Tara was not her fighting ability or her confidence but rather her ability to love. What did Willow tell Warren? Something along the line of "One little piece of metal destroys everything. You took her light from the world." And then she told Kennedy "it wasn't women... It was one woman."

Tara was so special and had the most beautiful heart out of everyone. They all have their defining trait... Buffy is a stubborn yet dignified hero... Anya is a former genocidal demon who is blunt about everything and learned to become "selfless" and actually care about others ... Cordelia was a stuck up brat who put down everyone and never cared about anyone but herself but grew into a humble and caring hero... Dawn was an immature spoiled brat who grew into a mature young woman... Willow was a shy and awkward teenager who grew into a powerful, confident out and proud witch, albeit with a genocidal and sadistic dark side that she DOES overcome... They all changed and became better people.

Tara was beautiful from the beginning and did not need to change because her heart was as beautiful as they come.

Top Bottom