• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I robot you... nicolle. Hi I’m new

nicollexo

Townie
Hello everyone :)
I’m new here!
i hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy in lockdown!
Who are your fave billiard? Episodes and quotes! :)

Athene
Athene
Hi :)

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will find this place full of intelligent and spirited discussions that are normally quite civilized.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Welcome to the boards. You will have a great time here. Its a very diverse and welcoming community.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Welcome!

What's a billiard?

I thought that was a game of hitting balls on a table with sticks. I looked up slang terms, got Urban Dictionary, and needed mind bleach even without clicking on them (the other entries I saw were about the game). In any case, I'm sure that's not what you meant.

nicollexo

Townie
Welcome!

What's a billiard?

I thought that was a game of hitting balls on a table with sticks. I looked up slang terms, got Urban Dictionary, and needed mind bleach even without clicking on them (the other entries I saw were about the game). In any case, I'm sure that's not what you meant.
Villian* stupid autocorrect

burrunjor

Potential
Fave villain would have to be The Master if we're talking about a seasonal antagonist.

If we are talking a major recurring villain then it would be Angelus, Spike (before he was chipped) and Faith (before her heel face turn.)

Also welcome to the board. You'lll like it here and we are glad to have you onboard.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Welcome to the boards! :D

Favorite villain is Glory followed very closely by Angelus :)

thrasherpix

Scooby
Favorite eps and quotes are a hard one and depend on my mood. I'm currently rewatching season 4 of Buffy and was about rolling where Buffy tells Willow something alone the lines of "no one is more distraught than me" only to interrupt herself to quickly give cooking directions to another before returning to Willow.

Go Fish is far from my favorite episode, but it's arguably the one that actually feels like the high school I went to in 99, and Willow interrogating Jonathan is pure gold to me (and I love the "whence it came" dialog, too). That's just one example of how favorite quotes and eps don't always match for me (and I appreciate it more on some days than on others).

As a rule of thumb, I like earlier Buffy the best. Personally, I'm glad I saw season 1 first (really unsure if I'd like it, but so many pushed it on me) because the dialog and characters really pulled me in. Had I started with season 2, I don't think I'd have cared about the characters enough to have stuck with it. So basically I saw season 1, then purchases 2 and 3, loved those so much that I found a good deal on all 7 and got all those on dvd (and I didn't buy many dvds).

Basically, I like seasons 1-3 best, with season 4 having moments unique to itself that really shine, but overall a little less shiny. Season 5 went down a bit more, but still a favorite of mine. Despite a strong start that had me excited about season 6, I began to really lose interest (and I think a case can be made that seasons 2 and 5 were darker, and 5 "closer to realistic" and my disliking it has nothing to do with "not liking it dark" since I love movies, shows, and even anime that are MUCH darker), and then season 7 (despite also having a good start) was like a cliff in which I lost interest so that it was several years before I purchased the Angel dvds, but luckily I like Angel for the most part, more than I was expecting to.

Favorite villain would be Angelus (only in Buffy's show), in part in how it was written, but also, I think, because I've experienced stalkers before, one that left me terrified for years after the last time I saw him (though I was never in a romantic relationship with any of them, or even had sex with them).

And Spike, though my own personal and unpopular preference is that he didn't survive for too long (but glad he got more time than originally planned). I think Spike being the villain of Heartthrob in Angel season 3 would've been a good send off to him (and suspect it originally was intended to be that, just after Buffy died in season 5). If I'd started the show in season 2 as advised, Spike in School Hard and Halloween would've been the only possible reasons that I'd given the show more of a chance.

In Angel, despite how delightfully evil Lilah could be (though Darla was a fascinating story in her own way), I'm gonna go with Holtz. While I certainly didn't cheer him on, he was a villain that I could actually understand and even sympathize with at times, and being an ordinary guy (time travel aside) that could still take on supernatural creatures with cunning, ruthlessness, and sheer determination is another aspect that made him so fascinating to me. And the part that is so engraved into my memory is when he walks out of Caritas humming the lullaby he sung to his little girl turned vampire centuries ago causing Lorne to panic, and they get out just before Caritas goes up in flames.

Oh, btw, if I come all the way back (I'm experiencing a very unusual time in my life right now so I'm not sure what my future holds here at BB in the months ahead) I'm going to try to have my name changed to Moloch, but keep the avatar I already have. It's just amusing to me.

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Moloch the Corrupter from "I, Robot... You, Jane"?
Top Bottom