1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I started to watch S1 today !

Discussion in 'Season 1' started by flow, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    How fun to see it all chronologically for the first time. I mean even if you know what's going to happen that's still a fresh set of eyes in a way.

This reminds me of a podcast I listened to the other day (about how wacky 90s young adult books can be) and they mentioned Buffy and were like "haha, yeah, at one point they even had a puppet on the show! Lol!" as if that was really late on the show when the writers had gone a bit crazy or something. And I was sitting there like, yeah, that was season 1 guys... before shit got weird ;) :D

Nice that you're enjoying it!

sosa lola and flow like this.
  2. dcai0830

dcai0830 You spent three weeks moaning in a basement!

Black Thorn
    Oh how exciting!! I am so interested in continuing to hear your feedback on this as you make your way through. I hope you will continue to watch Seasons 2 and 3 in chronological order. Season 2 is an art form. In my opinion it is Joss at his absolute best! I loved both Seasons 2 and 3 and to enjoy them I think you need the full story arc. I'm glad you are able to see Angel's story progression too, he really started from the bottom... as Drake would say lol.

flow likes this.
  3. AnthonyCordova

AnthonyCordova Apocalypse Engine

Sineya
    Enjoy it, you have a lot of good television ahead of you.

Funny thing, I started with some Spike-centric episodes too (after being introduced with The Body and Restless by a friend) and I thought after reading Spike debates online "what's everyone's problem, Spike is great" only to change my mind about him much later (I now resent a little bit how much the show became Spike and Spuffy-centered).

flow and dcai0830 like this.
  4. dcai0830

dcai0830 You spent three weeks moaning in a basement!

Black Thorn
    It is always interesting to see the perspectives from folks who started watching Buffy late in Seasons and how I see there is a different perspective on Spike in general. Early on S1-S3 the show really was about Buffy, Angel played a part but he never dominated the way Spike does towards the end. It really was Buffy's journey.

flow and AnthonyCordova like this.