• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I think other character needed to be killed off in Chosen?.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
The threat is spelled out clearly enough. When the number of evil beings exceeds the number of good beings, the First will become corporeal and will be able to enter into the soul of every person on Earth.
Except we got nowhere near that point. The threat of the First was oversold because we never got to see the reason why it was being hyped as such. We neve got to see it enter souls. All we saw was it trolling people. Maybe if we'd seen Caleb as a good guy at first then the First gets its claws into him and he turns evil, then maybe the audience gets a glimpse of why the First is supposedly this big terrible thing that is the worst thing that Buffy has ever faced. Show don't tell is a thing for a reason. If claims are being made about a character, then it has to be backed up with evidence. This is something the show seemed to struggle with towards the end of the series.

Btvs fan

Scooby
Except we got nowhere near that point. The threat of the First was oversold because we never got to see the reason why it was being hyped as such. We neve got to see it enter souls. All we saw was it trolling people. Maybe if we'd seen Caleb as a good guy at first then the First gets its claws into him and he turns evil, then maybe the audience gets a glimpse of why the First is supposedly this big terrible thing that is the worst thing that Buffy has ever faced. Show don't tell is a thing for a reason. If claims are being made about a character, then it has to be backed up with evidence. This is something the show seemed to struggle with towards the end of the series.
If the Firsts Uber Vampire Army overruns the Earth and everyone is dead anyway, who will care if the First turns people evil, hell who will still be alive for it to turn 🧐🤔

You know what would've been an interesting ending, which I'm sure Joss was never thinking off but if when Buffy is stabbed the First enters her and takes over. So its First/Buffy who gets up and kills the Uber Vamps (she doesn't need them anymore) and the smile at the end is the First knowing it/she has won and is Corporeal 😏

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
If the Firsts Uber Vampire Army overruns the Earth and everyone is dead anyway, who will care if the First turns people evil, hell who will still be alive for it to turn 🧐🤔

You know what would've been an interesting ending, which I'm sure Joss was never thinking off but if when Buffy is stabbed the First enters her and takes over. So its First/Buffy who gets up and kills the Uber Vamps (she doesn't need them anymore) and the smile at the end is the First knowing it/she has won and is Corporeal 😏
Bit of a downer ending. However, if that had happened during the middle of the season and possessed Buffy took them to the vineyard to be slaughtered and then the mutiny happened as a result of the First trying to divide and conquer then that would've been good. It could move from person to person. So it's in Buffy when she takes them to the vineyard, then it moves into Wood during the mutiny and Buffy has no clue why everyone is suddenly turning on her.

thrasherpix

Scooby
On my first watch, I actually did assume that the reason for the mind boggling stupidity, idiotic things said, and out of character moments was the First affecting them. (To an extent that was shown, like the cops going full on evil, for example, even making it hard for Willow to use magic on them as the First has a powerful magical influence of its own, though apparently an unconscious one. Also, the cult of kids that become Bringers, IIRC...) When Buffy got thrown out of her own house I actually backed it up to rewatch from before because it made no sense to me, and then shrugged, figuring magic was involved (Amy was still out there, probably serving the First who promised her power and revenge).

But nope. Just everyone involved with the show exhausted with Buffy and wanting it over with a few grand moments shoved in for closure (but not TOO much closure, had more cash to milk from that cow). Even the first viewing caused my suspension of disbelief to falter, though I convinced myself there'd be an explanation for it later, and even had my theories, but it never panned out. The second rewatch was just unbearable, and it was an act of will to watch it again for yet a third time with others seeing it for the first time. It has its moments, but overall...I still own the season but I wouldn't be surprised if I never watch it again.

slayer730

Potential
Honestly, I think Dawn would have been ideal to kill. She had grown into a much likable character by that point so it would have been a shock that people probably felt and she had enough importance for it to have some pay off

one eyed chicklet
one eyed chicklet
Disagree, I would have still wanted it to end with Buffy smiling - I don't think that would happen with Dawn dead.
Top Bottom