• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I think Xander and Anya would be better to move in with Buffy and Dawn then Willow and Tara.

Benz

Potential
I think Anya and Xander would better to move in as both had more steady and both were at time in more stable relationships then Willow and Tara.

Anya I think was more mature then Willow in season 6 in my opinion.

Xander would had someone to talk too and might made him realise it’s too early too get and Anya we hold of marriage and notched Xander always be better and getting Buffy open up then Willow and Buffy might be able open up about depression to Xander more.

Dawn would had much need firm adult figure in Anya as notched Anya seemed bit harder on Dawn at times .

I think would interesting character development seeing Anya and Xander being like parent figures to Dawn.

Then of course we wouldn’t have same drama.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Not really agreeing, Xander and Anya are in the settling down getting married stage of their relationship, they both have full time jobs, they're settled in their lives.

Whereas Willow and Tara, just finished a year at university, neither working, so they can easily move in with Dawn and have the time to make sure that she's coping with Buffy's death.

Priceless

Scooby
I see no problem with Anya and Xander moving into Revello to care for Dawn, but if you are taking Dawn's feelings into account they shouldn't do it. Dawn and Anya have never really been friends and Anya isn't exactly child friendly. Dawn adores Willow and Tara and considering how much the child has been through, they would be capable of showing her more of a nurturing home life than Anya and Xander.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
I don't think Xander would be a good fit to raise a child...

At the video discussion session with Passion of the Nerd for the Buffy season 4 episode, "Restless", we touched on the subject of Xander's dream and how he fetishized Willow, Tara and their homosexuality. Now, granted, it's part of Xander's dream and I could certainly understand why a young guy's dream can be so... sexualized (because hormones). But still, having witnessed that, I wouldn't want that kind of person near a girl like Dawn, period. I don't know about the others, but if I was a parent, I wouldn't be very comfortable with him raising my kid or even be around her at all.

And of course, Anya is an ex-demon, so. She has enough problems understanding the human behavior of her own boyfriend, how is she going to be a productive role model to Dawn? Let alone care for her?

Xander's attitude towards women has also been problematic beyond his dream throughout BtVS. I would much rather the more sensible Willow and Tara playing the role model to Dawn.

Last edited:
Puppet
Puppet
Could not disagree more lol
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
He also had a dream about the potentials in Season 7

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Anya definitely wouldn't be happy to move into Buffy's house because she was pressuring Xander to make them an independent life together. But I wouldn't have a problem with Dawn living with them at their place although I guess that would be intruding and she wouldn't be with Buffy but she wouldn't be far from Buffy and it's not like Buffy was home a lot in season 6.

burrunjor

Potential
I don't think Xander would be a good fit to raise a child...

At the video discussion session with Passion of the Nerd for the Buffy season 4 episode, "Restless", we touched on the subject of Xander's dream and how he fetishized Willow, Tara and their homosexuality. Now, granted, it's part of Xander's dream and I could certainly understand why a young guy's dream can be so... sexualized (because hormones). But still, having witnessed that, I wouldn't want that kind of person near a girl like Dawn, period. I don't know about the others, but if I was a parent, I wouldn't be very comfortable with him raising my kid or even be around her at all.

And of course, Anya is an ex-demon, so. She has enough problems understanding the human behavior of her own boyfriend, how is she going to be a productive role model to Dawn? Let alone care for her?

Xander's attitude towards women has also been problematic beyond his dream throughout BtVS. I would much rather the more sensible Willow and Tara playing the role model to Dawn.
I think that's a bit unfair on Xander. He had a horny dream about two attractive female friends of his. It's not that uncommon. (I will say though I think it was out of character for him at that point. He never viewed Tara that way, and as far as we know he was over his thing with Willow so it seemed a bit odd, and more like Joss than Xander LOL.)

I don't think he would have been a problem around Dawn as he got along well with her before, but Anya I agree wouldn't have been a good person to have around as not only did she and Dawn have no connection, but her bluntness might have upset Dawn at that bad time.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Well, I think that both couples being in way over their heads was one of the themes of Season Six, and Dawn would be exchanging one form of neglect and abuse for another kind. The choices were really, 1. Hank, 2. Giles and 3. Military school.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I think Willow and Tara were the better choice. Tara actually bonded with Dawn whereas Anya and Dawn don't really get along. If Dawn had told Anya something private, chances are Anya would've blurted it out publicly sooner or later. Anya was very "me, me, me" which is not what Dawn needed at that time. Plus given the fact that Xander eventually hooks up with Dawn in the comics, that would be another reason why Xander becoming an important part of Dawn's life when she is emotionally vulnerable would make that ship even more "icky" for lack of a better word.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Xander and Anya may have been successful people (especially considering Xander's age, and Anya's emotional age), but they were also very busy...too busy to keep a close eye on Dawn. They could do it, but not as well, and they'd not only be tired from work, but dealing with Dawn drama and other aspects would then leave them tired for work. Sounds like why some parents get into meth.

Also, if some demon or sorcerer came for Dawn (as the Key), I'd rather there be two witches there rather than Xander and Anya.

Plus, they needed to keep up the Buffybot which neither Xander nor Anya was qualified to do.

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
of course if people with responsible jobs had moved into the house then they might have paid some damn bills instead of burning through Joyce's life insurance and then dumping all these financial woes on a newly resurrected Buffy...

Top Bottom