• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

I thought Gunn would hated Spike?.

Benz

Potential
I know Spike might had soul in season 5 and Gunn had changed some what in season 5 but i always thought Gunn would be someone that would hate any Vampire soul or no soul?.

I get they didit really become friends ether but at least might made Gunn bit more interseing in season 5.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Gunn had managed to accept a working relationship with Angel. He no longer thought of vampires in black and white terms. I presume he thought of Spike as a colleague of Angel's and therefore on the same side.

white avenger

white avenger
Gunn often referred to himself as the "extra muscle"on Angel's team, and just prior to the time Spike moved over to"Angel," he had been pretty much the same thing in Sunnydale, so they started out with that in common. Plus, they were arguably the two most out of place in a big sophisticated enterprise like Wolfram & Hart. And, most importantly, I think, his first introduction to William The Bloody was as a totally harmless "ghost" that presented no threat whatsoever to anyone. By the time that Spike was corporeal, Gunn had come to know him, and had little doubt, despite anything that Angel might have said to the contrary, that Spike was, indeed, one of the good guys.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think had it been an earlier season Gunn would have, but by season 5 he had almost given up the fight, his joining Wolfram and Hart was him having to leave his old thoughts behind and accept things that he wouldn't have before.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I think had it been an earlier season Gunn would have, but by season 5 he had almost given up the fight, his joining Wolfram and Hart was him having to leave his old thoughts behind and accept things that he wouldn't have before.

Also there were plenty of vampire employees, Harmony being one of them.

burrunjor

Scooby
Gunn had grown up quite a lot since season 1. His heart to heart with Harmony was proof of that alone.

Had Gunn met a chipped Spike it might have led to an interesting confronation. Kind of like Riley against the Chipped Spike only better as Gunn was a better character LOL.

As it was at that point Gunn knew Spike wasn't bad. Remember when he first sees him, he is immediately confrontational, "THE Spike" but then when he's told about him having a soul he trusts him.

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
Gunn has been working for a vampire for awhile and Wolfram&Hart has vampires who work there. Plus they have demons come in from time to time, and the Archduke Sebassis was invited to their Halloween party. Then there is the fact that Gunn's views on vampires aren't as black and white anymore.

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
I kind of think that you are very right and he would have not trusted him but they didn’t explore that because it would’ve taken up a bit of time on the show, and they wanted Angel to feel jealous and question himself when the others grow to trust and like Spike. They kind of ignored it because they wanted to focus on the arc they wanted to tell for Angel I mean.

Top Bottom