1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

"I want my life to be with you" "I don't"

Discussion in 'Season 3' started by dcai0830, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy BFF of Sour Patch Kid

Sineya
    That's also fair. The comparison that remains and what I tried to elaborate on before the argument shifted is the idea that a relationship can lead to abuse, and that forgiveness is so important for two people who care about each other.

dcai0830 likes this.
  2. Puppet

Puppet My ass is not pansy!

Black Thorn
    I couldn't agree with you more.

People disagree all the time, don't they? Isn't that the whole point of most of the discussion threads? :)

3. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul Scooby

Your point being? Angelus is a vampire. He's obsessed with Dru, with Darla to a degree and with Buffy...all for different reasons. Darla is obsessed with Angelus. Dru is obsessed with 'Daddy'. Spike, another soulless vampire, is obsessed with Dru and then Buffy. Obsession seems to be par for the course with vampires.

That just proves that they are different from the other. Not two sides of the same coin. Or the same guy just with his conscience removed. There is a constant battle over control of the body with Angel/Angelus, hence different entities.

And for the record, the whole point of the soul extraction in S4 was because Angelus apparently had memories that Angel didn't. Whether that's true or not, it was assumed by the characters.

4. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy BFF of Sour Patch Kid

Sineya
    That was a spell. And it's the only time we see that they have different memories. And you just proved my point about two sides of the same coin by saying they are different from each other and in a constant battle. That's what I said. Unless you think heads is the same as tails.

5. RomanticSoul

RomanticSoul Scooby

Head and tails can't be separated from each other. They are always on the coin, always. Angel and Angelus can be separated from each other (via soul loss or consciousness transfer).

And it doesn't matter whether it was a spell or not. Clearly the characters thought it was possible that memory magic works differently on soul and demon. If the two were different entities then yes, that would probably work. Except the show probably tried to be too clever for it's own good, in that memories reside inside the brain and both demon and soul have access to it. So if memory magic was used then both should be affected. Unless the soul has a separate brain or it's possible the shield/keep memories hidden from the soul. But that's probably not something to discussed here because it's way off-topic. So I'm done with this.