• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Icon Contest - Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Okay, guys, here we go, Round One starts here.

Below are your themes as well as some examples, just in case anyone's not sure. Although I think they're all pretty self explanatory.

As I mentioned before, there are five themes, and you need to make five icons for each theme - so that's twenty-five icons from each contestant.

You have three weeks from today to get your icons finished and posted - which makes the end date February 9th. I'll put the polls up on the 10th.

And just for me, so that I know who's taking part, here is the list of contestants who have signed-up:

Blondie Bear - Merrick
Big Damn Hero - Merrick
Willowmylove - Drogyn
AirWaveRaid -
Charmedones193 - Vahla Ha'Nesh
Marisa - Merrick
Caitaintdead - Drogyn
HisMrs - Vahla Ha'Nesh
xaphinia - Merrick
Miromurr - Drogyn
Taylor Swift -
PrincessBuffy16 - Vahla Ha'Nesh
WakingNightmare - Drogyn
EntertainUs - Raiden
Angelsbaby101 - Merrick
AshSummers - Vahla Ha'Nesh
GrrArghx - Drogyn
MandaMeena - Vahla Ha'Nesh

Themes

1) Hands - All five icons must have hands has the main element

Examples:

2) Black & White - All five icons must be Black & White. NO COLOR

Examples:

3) Comics - All five icons must be made using images from the comics

Exmaples:

4) Color Party - All five icons must feature or represent the colors Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and White (One icon for each color)

Examples:

5) Artist Choice - Five icons of the artists choosing

No examples for this, as this is all on you guys.

If you have any questions about any of the themes, please don't hesitate to ask.

On behalf of HisMrs and myself, let me thank you all for taking part, and we hope you enjoy it!!

Black Eye Guy
Black Eye Guy
Awesome!
T
TaylorSwift
I'm in Drogyn now!!! I got sorted!
Angelic Slayer
Angelic Slayer
LOVE your new Connor banner Lyr! Looks awesome! :)

TaylorSwift

The power to make amends
Oh wow...I love these themes!!! I can't wait to start getting to work and then see all the icons! Good luck everyone! :)

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Oh wow! You've certainly dreamt up some challenging ones there. I'm impressed! Can't wait to start brainstorming ideas for this one! Can I clarify one thing that I must have missed? Is it one person out each round or...? Haha, I'm so determined not to get kicked out first this time!

TaylorSwift

The power to make amends
I think I'm gonna need help for the color party...I never learned to make a part of the icon stand out..LOL

B
Blondie Bear
PM me & let me know what program you're using and I'll talk you through it.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Oh, and one more question - do we get judged on our set as a set? Like will all of mine be put up together? Or will it be all my 'hands' pieces up together? Or just all individually?

Haha, sorry I have so many annoying questions.

T
TaylorSwift
that's what I was wondering too! :)

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Can I clarify one thing that I must have missed? Is it one person out each round or...? Haha, I'm so determined not to get kicked out first this time!
No one goes out. This is not an elimination challenge. Everyone is welcome to sign-up again for the next round, which will be run by HisMrs. This is just a way to breath some more life into the art community and get points for our Houses.

Oh, and one more question - do we get judged on our set as a set? Like will all of mine be put up together? Or will it be all my 'hands' pieces up together? Or just all individually?

Haha, sorry I have so many annoying questions.
There will be six polls put up at the end of this challenge. One poll for all the 'Hands' sets, one for the 'Black & White' sets, one for the 'Comics' sets, one for the 'Color Party' sets and one for the 'Artist's Choice' sets.

Then, there will be a final poll that will put all the artists against one another for 'Best Overall Artist' and the winner of THAT poll will get to choose one of the themes for the next round.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I have a very silly question..about the comics section. Can we use covers images too?
Yes, you can. As long as it's a part of the comics, if it's drawn for any of the BtVS/AtS/Firefly/Dollhouse comics, anything goes.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
You're a legend - thank you! And I love that I get to keep competing even if I suck!

Marisa

Liver Alone
These rounds seem great sounds like fun :).

Just a question about the hands do they have to be from episodes only?

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
M
Marisa
Ok got it thanks for the comic links to I was going to ask that but forgot.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
So can we use the promotional shoots? Or purely just caps? I guess my past hour was a lovely waste of time if we can't! Haha. I should probably read the instructions a bit more carefully rather than just looking at the pretty pictures I suppose! *kicks self*

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
So can we use the promotional shoots? Or purely just caps? I guess my past hour was a lovely waste of time if we can't! Haha. I should probably read the instructions a bit more carefully rather than just looking at the pretty pictures I suppose! *kicks self*
I probably should have been more clear, but there was a reason why all my examples were caps.

Screencaps only for these challenges, except for Artist's Choice. You can do whatever you want there. I will be posting challenges in the future that will use promo and other images, but unless it's specifically stated in the theme explanations, it's screencaps only.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
D'oh. Okay. I'm going to go get my hair done and do some shopping before I start again I think. I guess I can still post the other icons in my artist thread or save them in case they can be used in the future comps. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly though!

Angels baby101

I hath Returned! MWhaha
hmm good luck everyone, I've already got my hands collection just about done... I'm not sure on two of them, I've got a few others finished too but its complicated lol not only doing the icon but choosing the right photos.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
I have artist block. I really don't know where to start on the hands one! I'm about to go sit at the hairdressers for 4 hours so hopefully something will come to me!

Blondie Bear

Zydrate Addict
Do the comic ones have to be from S8 only, or do the non-canon comics count? (Try saying THAT five times fast.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom