• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

If another Vamp had been chipped

burrunjor

Potential
Spike's arc was one of the most interesting.

Whilst he did genuinely love Buffy and seek his soul, had it not been for the chip he would have never have had the opportunity to act on those feelings. Therefore the Chip did play a role in redeeming him.

Question is though how would another Vamp have reacted in that situation.

The Master, Mr Trick, Darla, Drusilla, how would these Vampires have coped with the chip? Could the Master have say fought through the pain? Trick couldn't, but would he have found a way to maybe bully lesser Vamps into giving him blood?

If Trick and the Master hadn't been able to fight through the pain, bully lesser Vamps, how would they have become allies of Buffy?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
"You know what happens to vampires who don't get to feed? ... Living skeletons, mate. Like famine pictures from those dusty countries... only not half as funny." -Spike
Spike was ready to off himself within a few months, I would guess most vampires, with the possible exception of Lawson, would find un-life so dreary and pointless, they would prefer the torments of hell to continuing in such a condition. And remember, Hell is awful.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
I was not a fan of chipped Spike post season 4. They should've had him get the chip out when he kidnapped the doctor, or better yet the end of season 4.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
I can't imagine the master becoming an ally of Buffy in any world it's not like it was a clear road between chip and being an ally for Buffy. Spike as we know was going to kill himself until he realised he could get his rocks off killing demons instead of humans and then he tripped into being Buffy's ally.

rogueangel

Townie
I think the Master would've been largely unchanged because he worked with minions so much anyways.
I think Darla would've been driven to extremes to try to get the chip out and killing herself when she couldn't.
I don't think Dru would've faired any better.
Angelus at least would have lived just to get his revenge.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
If Dru had been chipped then I think evil Spike would still look after her. It would effectively put him on a leash though. Whilst he could still kill (and might kill someone for Dru to feed off of), if he gets caught and slain then Dru has nobody looking out for her. Spike might be forced to play nice so he can keep Dru safe.

The Master would order one of his trusty minions to mercy kill him. If being chipped is basically neutering, then he's inevitably going to find that vampires start losing respect for him.

I think Darla would tolerate being chipped. She'd try and get it out but when that fails, she'd begrudgingly accept it. She would probably seduce someone at the hospital so she can get bags of human blood.

Dru would have Spike so they would find a way to cope. If Dru didn't have Spike then she would struggle and get really frustrated and distressed.

Angelus would be annoyed by it but he would cope fine. His MO is more psychological rather than physical. He could still kill Willow's fish, still sneak into Buffy's house to draw her and Joyce sleeping, he could still put Jenny in Giles' bed so long as someone else killed her,

Top Bottom