• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

If Dollhouse went with the unaired pilot...

Wesley Junior

Potential
How different do you think the show would have been going forward?

In case you haven't seen the unaired pilot, here it is:

(BTW I know. Another Dollhouse "what if" thread by me. But what can I say? While imperfect, Dollhouse was a good show with some potential that makes me wonder.)

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I do prefer the unaired pilot, I think that it could have maybe set the show on a better path. Although I would still save the reveal of Victor as a doll for a couple of episodes. Like Mellie it makes you think that anyone could be a doll. But going with the unaired pilot might have got rid of the first episode Ghost, and possibly some of the early bad episodes like Stage Fright. Also might have fixed my problem with Paul's motives of finding Caroline. Maybe it could have focused the season better. I think it should have focused more on the dollhouse and the dolls and not just Echo's journey.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
I couldn't care less for the unaired pilot episode and if they would have went with it, I doubt I would have continued past the pilot.

Here's a throwback to the time I watched it last year:
Echo:
Honestly, I didn't like this episode at all and am glad that they never aired it, it's very confusing and spoilerly for a TV show pilot episode.

If they were to air it as the pilot episode, the show would have had even lower ratings, possibly canceling it only after one season.

Long story short: Ghost was a much better pilot episode, unlike Echo, it explained things.

DagonSphere

Potential
I preferred the unaired pilot, it has more tension and you immediately care about the conspiracy and the drama, it does do a much better job at introducing Paul and I like Adele in it. In Ghost, I just didn't connect to the characters, because it was just a stand-alone, case of the week that did a piss-poor job at introducing everyone, because they basically had to get out a lot of exposition and move the story forward.

Top Bottom