1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question If Lilah had been there instead of Eve...?

Discussion in 'Sunnydale Cemetery' started by Anyanka Bunny Killer, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Jotunheim

Black Thorn
    I think it would've made so much more sense. Especially when Lindsey returned...how facinating to see him and Lilah reunite. (Assuming she was actually trying to help Angel this time, of course.)
    Even though S5 is one of my favourites (along with S2), I think it would've been even better with Lilah there instead of the sniveling, moon-faced Eve.

Thoughts?

2. thrasherpix

thrasherpix Scooby

Perhaps Lilah could've contributed to Fred's, er, demise. Or made them all feel even worse about it, and then get herself killed (again) when she tries to comfort Wes in some way (perhaps wearing her pigtail braids while trying to sound Texan again, her view of Fred). Maybe as that doesn't nullify her contract she could then show up again. And again. And again. They finally resolve it when Angel fires her and she fades into Hell.

3. VisionBoy

VisionBoy Scooby

Sineya
    Absolutely would've loved to have had Lilah in season 5. Considering she was the one to take them into Wolfram and Hart, I always assumed she was actually meant to be in season 5 and Eve was an incredibly pale imitation meant to replace her for whatever reason Stephanie Romanov didn't reprise.

I definitely agree with you about her and Lindsey too. Would've been interested to see how that relationship concluded.

It's a shame.

4. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

I think Lilah would have been a much more interesting character than Eve (but then, of course, so would mi sister-in-law's cat) and the interaction between her and Wes could have made for some great scenes. Just one thing, though. I could never see Lilah running from Hamilton. Emptying a clip of 9mm hollow points into his chest, yes, even if she knew that it wouldn't do any good. But run? Never.

5. Buffy Summers

Buffy Summers Yataro Staff Member

Sineya
    Oh Lilah would have been so much better than Eve! lol

6. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I would have preferred Lilah definitely. I hated Eve, I thought she was a rubbish character, but she did serve a purpose to bring Lindsey back into the fold. Could that have happened with Lilah? Probably not, or not in the same way....

7. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

But then I think there would be so many more rich storyline possibilities had it been Liliah given her history with Lindsay. Just having it Eve because she fell for Lindsay was a bit boring to me.

I think Eve was one of the worse characters of either show.

8. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Lilah would definitely have been the better choice - does anyone know why it wasn't Lilah? Did Stephanie Romanov have prior commitments, so Eve was created instead? It just seems weird they'd set that character up over four seasons, show she has a contract with W&H beyond death at the end of S4 and then not show her at all in S5....

9. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Lilah is a million times superior to Eve but I wouldn't have wanted her in season 5. Lilah had a really great ending... a bit unnecessary but great. Lilah and Lilah/Wesley were the best parts of Angel season 4; Lilah's relationship with Wesley made her more vulnerable, relatable, but still her own person and unapologetically evil. If Lilah had been brought back in season 5 it would have sullied her sweet farewell in Home. I also believe that, much like Knox, she would have been used in a love triangle (in order to create another obstacle to Fred/Wes) and she probably would have played second fiddle to Lindsey. Lilah is way better than the story line I believe they would have given her.

10. Mr Trick

Mr Trick Scooby

Not sure myself. Good point though. I did expect her to play some part in the final season even if it was only at the end. Maybe they just thought Lilah doing the hand over from the grave was a fitting way for her arc to finish.

11. Anyanka Bunny Killer

Anyanka Bunny Killer Jotunheim

Black Thorn
    With Lilah there, Hamilton's character wouldn't even be needed.

Imagine Lindsay showing up, doing his Doyle routine with Spike...and it's Lilah who figures out what's going on. So one night she's waiting for Lindsay in his apartment. He gets home, turns on the light, and...imagine that dialogue.

Plus, it would be a great running joke for Illyria to "kill" Lilah over and over again....because Wes is still kinda googly eyed over both Lilah and Fred.

12. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Not as her replacement, maybe, but Hamilton, or someone like him, would have been necessary, if for no other reason than to provide Angel with the unquestionably biggest one-on-one fight of the finale. The main star has to go out with the biggest bang.

13. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    My thoughts: Lilah, Lilah, Lilah!
    Because yes, Lilah would have made the season (I do love it) a thousand times better. I never could stand, and probably never will stand, Eve. Terrible character. Even worse actress.

Lilah would have brought more interesting storylines and better chemistry with other characters. Just imagine her talking to Fred, or rolling her eyes at Harmony, or heartbreakingly alluding to past events with Wesley... she would have been the far superior addition to the cast.

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  14. Bluebird

Bluebird two by two, hands of blue

Black Thorn
    I have a massive crush on Stephanie Romanov, so more Lilah is always on the top of my list. She has so much on screen charisma as Lilah. The slight inflections in her voice, a subtle raise of the eyebrow. Not only would she have been better than Sarah Thompson (Eve), I can't think of any actor better suited for that role. I want the Lilah show. :(

Carrie Hopewell likes this.
  15. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    I'd finally get that Lilah and Angel scene I'd been waiting five seasons for!

16. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    I'm confused. You mean sex? :eek:

17. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    Yes! Lilah and Angel needed just the one time together to break that never-ending, lusty sexual tension they had! Carpe Noctem was thrilling. Life of the Party would have been a great excuse.

jellokitty likes this.
  18. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    You just blew my mind! You're serious? Lilah and Angel??? They have no sexual chemistry, that scene in Carpe Noctem wasn't really hot... What about Wesley??? Accidental sex with Lilah would have put a bigger strain on Angel and Wesley's friendship. But seriously, Angel and Lilah?? That's even weirder than Angel and Lindsey. Maybe I'm just bad at picking up on sexual tension... Gwen and Angel didn't have a lot of it imo. You should have seen my face when they kissed! I was so surprised I had to pause the episode. Lilah and Angel are great as enemies, they have good banter but other than that...:eek:

19. GwenRaiden

Black Thorn
    It would have been better had it happened pre-Weslah, I'll admit, but I'm not fussy. I love every Angel and Lilah scene! I thought the sexual tension mixed with hatred was obvious?! They aren't meant to be, like my beloved Weslah, but one moment of dropping their guard and getting passionate would have been amazing to see! Especially the regret afterwards everytime they see each other.

20. Carrie Hopewell

Sineya
    Yes. Me too!

You've lost me again.

That would have been awful! Angel already has thousands of regrets, you want him to regret sleeping with Lilah too? I never saw any sexual tension. Tbh, I don't think they hate each other either. Lilah doesn't really make Angel's blood boil, they are so familiar with each other, that although they dislike one another, there's some respect there. But I didn't see any sexual tension. In fact, my characters are kind of like Barbies. I don't care if they have sex or not, most of the time I forget they have genitals.

GwenRaiden: I think it's more a Lilah vibe than anything else. She has sexual chemistry with everyone; Faith, Lindsey, a desk lamp.