• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

if Tara never died in season 6 what would she & Willow be doing today.

Tara started speaking her mind more in S5 and in S6 she started interacting more with other characters than Willow, so I found it to be an upward curve until ... you know ... she was abruptly and brutally killed, but that is the way of the Whedonverse.
I don't think we got to see the full breadth of Tara's character. The were moments where you could see her sense of humour starting to shine through, eg telling Spike to put some ice of his "cramp", but then the writers would have her go back to being a meek little mouse or have her act all high and mighty towards Willow.

Tara would hopefully have found out about Willow using magic to mess with her mind, abusing her in the process (and technically rape her as well) and dumped her for good and forever. Tara would then leave Sunnyhell (and live a long life), go back to school and finish. Maybe get some counseling. And maybe become a counselor herself, doing a little wiccan stuff on the side.

Willow would be far away from Tara. That's the important thing and all I care about.

And I don't even care about Tara all that much lol.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I was a big Willow fan until Willow comitted rape. Yes, it was magically accomplished, but it was a serious violation. Since her being forgiven is canon, I'll go with that, but from a practical point of view, there's a lot to be dealt with.

I believe that for them to work at that point, it would have required them leaving Sunnydale completely (whether or not Sunnydale fell) and getting a lot of help and doing a lot of work. I'm not convinced that Willow would not try to control things with magics... and therefore alienate Tara at some point further down the line unless there was permanent deception. I cannot believe Tara would not have placed some kind of magical protection on herself -- which would have alerted her to any action by Willow -- and alerted Willow that she wasn't fully trusted.

They would have to work through all that.

That said, they were sweet together. If they could talk it through, and work it though, they could have had the kind of grand romance that becomes legendary. I see them in a small town somewhere, running a coven and teaching young witches. I cannot see Willow without magics at all. Unlike a drug, magics reside inside her. She would have to learn (as she seemed to after Tara's death) the high cost of abuse of magics and transform her attitude.

The other approach, is having Tara leave, Willow grow up; and have them find each other after years of healing.

I see Tara as a teacher, pretty much no matter what... teacher of magics or teacher of school. She's a gentle soul, who would thrive in an environment where she nurtured and supported others. Willow, by contrast likes power; but she also wants to do good. If the power hunger could be tempered, she and Tara could do a lot of good, in or out of a future council.

In one of my stories, Tara returns from death after Sunnydale falls... at that point, Willow has become a different person already... and they were able to get back together. If I were writing that story now, I probably would have dealt more with the ramifications of Willow's actions, even after years. I've given a lot of thought and time to Willow since then. I think it was glossed over way too much.

Blue

joseph

Tara & Willow Forever.
So did Xander sleep with Tara or is he just a sperm donor that they know?
first if you think xander was the father ,he would donate his sperm to willow with her being Jewish her parents would want her to give birth to the child as Tara was not Jewish.

first if you think xander was the father ,he would donate his sperm to willow with her being Jewish her parents would want her to give birth to the child as Tara was not Jewish.
I don't think Willow's parents would care who gave birth to the child. They were pretty relaxed about Willow coming out to them.

joseph

Tara & Willow Forever.
I don't think Willow's parents would care who gave birth to the child. They were pretty relaxed about Willow coming out to them.
that was a joke about Willow being Jewish. Jews children are only considered Jews if the mother is Jewish, you would get that joke if you were Jewish. I would know being Jewish. oh I saw almost all buffy episodes when did Willow come out to her parents?

you would get that joke if you were Jewish. I would know being Jewish.
Well I'm not Jewish so why would I get a joke about something that is essentially a meaningless custom to me?

oh I saw almost all buffy episodes when did Willow come out to her parents?
Willow mentions she did in Season 7 which you don't watch.

joseph

Tara & Willow Forever.
Well I'm not Jewish so why would I get a joke about something that is essentially a meaningless custom to me?

okay if a girl is Jewish , her child will be Jewish, if the father is Jewish the Mother is not the child will be raised, in the mother beliefs, sorry you are offended . enjoy your day.

Willow mentions she did in Season 7 which you don't watch.