• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

If you could ask/tell Joss any ONE thing what would it be?

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I'll tell you mine:

I would ask him how he can sleep at night knowing he wrote the greatest love story that has ever been told (referring to Buffy/Angel) since Shakespeare and knowing that he won't give it the proper happy ending it deserves. And then I would throw something at him. :)

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
I'm not sure why, but I feel that this would make Joss happy somehow.
white avenger
white avenger
Joss addressed that issue. He compared Buffy/Angel to Romeo and Juliet, and said that he didn't like he way that that story ended, and changing the ending would ruin the story.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I would ask him how he can live with himself knowing he killed Fred. But actually if I met Joss I'd be too excited to bring that up, so I'd probably just thank him for creating the greatest show in tv history.

Triss

Andrew's momma
I don't like harassing famous people, especially not over work they created years ago. (Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint, I've done it, and no doubt will do it again, but I know I shouldn't.) Just for the heck of it I might ask endless questions about Andrew and tell him about my obsession with him, just to see how Joss would respond. I love the "WTF?" reactions I get from most people.

"Andrew...? Seriously?" o_O

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I don't like harassing famous people, especially not over work they created years ago.
Just so we are clear, the thing I would throw at Joss would be soft, maybe like a teddy bear, more for purposes of proving my point than for pain :)

white avenger
white avenger
Sorry about the earlier comment. I thought that this was a new thread.

Triss

Andrew's momma
Just so we are clear, the thing I would throw at Joss would be soft, maybe like a teddy bear, more for purposes of proving my point than for pain :)
Oh, sorry, I wasn't implying that you're a bad person... I wasn't even thinking of your (obviously jesting?) post. Throw a plush pig at him!

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'd just say "thanks". The man wasn't perfect, but he shaped my teenage years. He gave me a hero to believe in and to aspire to be, at a time when women in lead roles (especially my age) were scarce. So, I'd just want to thank the guy for that. :)

L

Living Dead Boy

I'd ask him, "so what really happened with Charisma Carpenter during season 4 of Angel, and, a follow up, how is it that you've created an entire universe made of American and Asian cultures, yet not a single Asian main character? Btw, Summer Glau looking vaguely Asian doesn't cut it either." Basically, I just want a little proof that this guy I spend so much time, energy and money on isn't a complete jackass. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

thrasherpix

Scooby
Strangely, I don't think I'd say or ask him anything even if it were appropriate. I just now thought about it and I was surprised to realize I just have no urge to...though I am curious about his childhood experiences that shape him (and thus his writings), so I guess I'd ask about that, but I'd want a detailed answer before it really interested me.

Though if I could read minds, and say it was painful to do so I did it sparingly, I'd use my ability on him, purely out of raw curiosity in how he sees the world (I'd be braced for disappointment, but then I always would be when I did that, and actually think an ability to read minds might make me a hermit living in a cave far away from people :p ).

white avenger

white avenger
I'll tell you mine:

I would ask him how he can sleep at night knowing he wrote the greatest love story that has ever been told (referring to Buffy/Angel) since Shakespeare and knowing that he won't give it the proper happy ending it deserves. And then I would throw something at him. :)
Ironically, Joss did compare Angel and Buffy to Romeo and Juliette once, and he basically said that he didn't want to take Bangel any further because the temptation would be just too strong to have it end the same way that Shakespeare's lovers did. (We all know how much Joss just loves to kill off his characters)

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Ironically, Joss did compare Angel and Buffy to Romeo and Juliette once, and he basically said that he didn't want to take Bangel any further because the temptation would be just too strong to have it end the same way that Shakespeare's lovers did. (We all know how much Joss just loves to kill off his characters)
So I have heard him compare B/A to Romeo and Juliet before but I never heard the second part re: temptation would be to strong to have it end the same way. Interesting! If you could find the quote I'd love to see it! Joss does love his Shakespeare. He did a wonderful job on Much Ado about Nothing it was wonderfully done.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I would say thank you for shipping spuffy

“I’m a Buffy/Spike shipper. I always felt like he was a more evolved person, but that’s like saying Juliet’s going to be so happy with Benvolio and everyone will love it. Buffy/Angel is for the ages; Buffy/Spike is maybe for me. ” Joss Whedon 2016

Joss Whedon 2013: Y'know what? I liked Spike. With Angel, it's too "Romeo & Juliet". Which means as soon as it happens, you're bored. Riley, you know he was a well-adjusted guy who loved her in a much, much healthier way than the other two guys. Nobody wants to see that. With Buffy and Spike, they have a real Beatrice and Benedick kind of relationship, in "Much Ado About Nothing." I think with the wedding, she would've done something fast, but he would've done it elaborate and do everything wrong. It would've been extradinarily counter-intutive, and awesome.

white avenger
white avenger
What can I say? Great minds think alike.

white avenger

white avenger
In a quick search, I couldn't find that exact quote, but he did compare Bangel to Romeo and Juliet here

Joss Whedon is a Buffy/Spike Shipper, and Nothing Makes Sense Anymore

and in this one

Blood Roses Community :: View topic - Joss Whedon Ships Spuffy - What Does This Mean for Bangel?

where he says, in part

Joss Whedon: Y'know what? I liked Spike. With Angel, it's too "Romeo & Juliet". Which means as soon as it happens, you're bored. Riley, you know he was a well-adjusted guy who loved her in a much, much healthier way than the other two guys. Nobody wants to see that. With Buffy and Spike, they have a real Beatrice and Benedick kind of relationship, in "Much Ado About Nothing." I think with the wedding, she would've done something fast, but he would've done it elaborate and do everything wrong. It would've been extraordinarily counter-intuitive, and awesome.

Maybe he changed his mind (I think that he has said earlier that Bangel was his preference) after getting more into the "Much Ado About Nothing" story line while he was filming it.

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
we wrote the same quotes making duplicate posts at almost the same second lol

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
@GoSpuffy and @white avenger - Thanks I had seen those. I had never heard him say he would end it the same way as Romeo and Juliet. Joss sure is a Spuffy (for now anyway)! He is a fickle man lol.

white avenger

white avenger
Joss sure is a Spuffy (for now anyway)! He is a fickle man lol.
He's also an evil little troll who loves building up, then dashing the hopes of his fans, which is why I am apprehensive that he is going to torpedo our Spuffy ship, sooner or later.

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
I'm sad because I agree but I'm going to enjoy every second while I can

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
I'd ask him to stop tweeting, some of his tweets recently have been going way too far...

I'd also tell him that he should have gone the Fuffy route instead of the Twillow route...

Top Bottom