• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

If you were allowed to write an episode of Buffy or Angel.....

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Just imagine Joss Whedon has asked you to write an episode of Buffy or Angel. He tells you that it must take place within the series (so not before or after) and it's to be its own self-contained episode that does not affect the rest of the season it takes place in. Other than that you have complete free reign over the episode.

What season does it take place in?
What characters appear?
What happens?

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
- Season 4.

- Buffy, Riley, Maggie Walsh and the Initiative appear.

- We get to see the perspective of the vampires as they run away from the Boogieman that's the Slayer. The whole episode plays out like a horror movie in the vein of Halloween (or maybe Nightmare on Elm Street since Buffy wisecracks like Freddy).

The Initiative and Walsh play a role as well since part of the episode deals with them slicing them up like a lab rat. The whole experimentation scene plays out very much like those torture scenes in horror movies; very gratuitous to the extent of Buffy's PG-13 rating, full of Dutch angles and horror string music. Riley stumbles onto one of these experiments and begins to question his loyalties and morality.

There's an awesome confrontation at the end between him and Walsh in the same style of Steve Rogers vs. Fury in Winter Soldier, a whole decade before the movie was released.

Faded90

Potential
An ‘all female’ episode in S7 which has Buffy, Faith, Willow, Dawn and Anya go off and doing their own mission away from the guys and the potentials (I know they’re also female but I hate them so they can’t sit with us 😂) . I don’t know the circumstances of the mission but I’d have that very much as a background thing. The mix of characters there would have such great potential for some emotional moments but also a lot of humour. Kind of starting the episode with their usual distrust/bickering but ending it with them bonded more. It would be a good opportunity for Buffy/Faith to have a heart to heart as well as a more low key Faith/Willow understanding of each other. Buffy/Dawn to have a ‘wow you’re all grown up’ and ‘you’re an amazing big sister’. I’m actually really sore they didn’t do this as it would be amazing and would really have contributed to the ‘female empowerment’ ending message of S7

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I've always loved shapeshifters in fantasy - they're my favorite SPN creature! - and I thought the writing team on Buffy could've come up with a great version all their own. I'd either place it in S2, around the same time as Killed by Death, or in S6, before the Spuffy sexcapades when they were still on friendly-ish terms. It should be that perfect mixture of funny and serious that the show did rather well, with the humor coming from the misunderstandings caused by the shapeshifter trying on the skin of several of the gang. If in S2, the whole group would work together to figure everything out, if S6, then it would just be Buffy and Spike working on it. I can see it going either way.

white avenger

white avenger
I've rewritten Buffy's final battle and its aftermath at least half a dozen times, andthe major changes that I would have made would have been...

Buffy and her crew would have moved into the hellmouth much better armed that Joss portrayed them. (Buffy should have tossed that damn amulet as soon as Angel told her that he wasn't sure just how volatile it really was, so that wouldn't ever have been part of the plan) Spike and Faith were weaponless, and several of the girls had nothing more than pointy sticks. At the very least, Xander and Giles should have raided every sporting goods and gardening supply store for axes, hatchets, machetes, and archery equipment to arm their troops. Xander should have gotten explosives from some of the local construction sights, and a tanker truck full of gasoline with a long hose trailing down into the hellmouth would have been a good idea. Buffy could have left Giles, Wood, and the rest topside to cover their backs from Bringer attack, she, Faith, and Spike should have drug the gas hose down into the hellmouth, opened the valve, thumbed their noses at the army of ubervamps, and tossed in a match, then ran back out past Xander, who would have pushed the detonator switch on a massive charge of explosives, then they all should have driven away. problem solved, Sunnydale left pretty much intact, and Buffy and Spike free to take a much deserved rest in Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico (great vacation spot and no sunlight. Envision images of Buffy and Spike skinny dipping in a beautiful pool on a crystal chamber far below the levels accessible to the general public. Wanna get really kinky? Bring Faith along and make a vampire sandwich)

I like my version much better than the one that Joss gave us, especially the vampire sandwich part.

Eat your hearts out, Bangels.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Love the way you think .

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Buffy would have to travel back in time to stop the assassination of John Kennedy, only to find she was the one who killed JFK. Then she would have to fight a Computer claiming to be God. Then she would have to join forces with Yang Demons to fight Kohlm Demons for control of the sacred parchment.This is a Gene Roddenberry Joke.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I would have it in the third season & have Buffy & Faith getting closer .

I would have Buffy not throw the D Mayor to Faith . But Buffy is shaken by how close she came to killing him . And Faith would be telling Buffy that
everyone would have blamed Faith since nobody really liked her & Buffy feeling guilty & dragging Faith home with her to as her mother if Faith could stay
with them instead of staying by herself . The reason that would happen is Buffy would be trying to show Faith that people like & finding out she doesn't even know her last name & that why she drags her home .

fauxindigo

Scooby
Season 1
title The Away Team (or Knock 'Em Dead)
description - Xander tries and struggles to fit in with the brutish jocks (and impress Buffy) by joining the football team, eventually realizing he shares a common enemy with them in an away team that never loses and looks to be straight out of hell, knocking players unconscious in violent plays and then dragging their souls to hell on the football green.
Who's In It?: Xander, Larry, Willow, Percy, Buffy, Hogan, Mitch, Cordelia, Jenny, Giles, Joyce, Snyder, Coach, Demon Athletes

Season 2
title Playing the Victim (or Sunnydale School Spirit)
description - Drama Club is deadly; whether it's becoming possessed by killer roles or girls willing to kill for the part... not everyone makes the cut. Cordelia is nearly killed when she competes for the lead role with Harmony (or another popular girl, new character) who is normally perfectly nice but now gets possessed by the rage energy left behind from an emo, tortured Sunnydale high student who is now a spirit in the school. Only a couple years prior, it's shown in flashbacks, a drama girl killed herself; hung herself by the stage curtains ropes because she didn't get the lead role... and her rival got to kiss the boy she was obsessed with. With the flashbacks/ghost, possession plot line and taking place in the auditorium and with the drama club, it'd be like a mix of the Puppet Show & I Only Have Eyes for You; like a Buffy version of Phantom of the Opera. It may have callbacks to stage scenes in Restless & OMWF. This could also take place in Season 7, with Dawn in the main role instead of Cordelia.
In Season 2 though it'd be right after Bewitched Bothered & Bewildered but before Passion (so one more episode with Jenny) and I'd have a subplot of Amy getting more into her mothers dark magic's and meeting Rack; potentially intertwining with the play and drama club killings.
Who's in It?: Buffy, Giles, Jenny, Willow, Xander, Larry, Cordelia, Devon, Owen, Percy, Harmony, Jonathan, Amy, Rack, Snyder, Spike, Dru, Angelus,

Season 4
title Bitch on Blast
description- Professor Walsh's death at the hands of Adam sends shockwaves throughout U.C. Sunyydale and the community and hard lessons are learned all around when Walsh reveals herself to exist post-death either A.) via hologram and artificial intelligence/memory saving (like in Dollhouse) or B.) in full human form...as Adam actually only stabbed her robotic surrogate that she used while in the initiative in case something like Adam waking up and skewering her happened ( like in the Bruce Willis movie Surrogates or Warren and his bots). Whether the plot line followed A or B, Buffy would get to confront Professor Walsh about trying to have her killed, spying on her & Riley having sex, all her sick and twisted experiments-- all of it would come out; getting leaked because of a glitch in the system when Adam killed Walsh's robot surrogate..or maybe Buffy isn't Professor Walsh's only enemy, as she only lasts this one extra episode after Goodbye Iowa but before This Years Girl. The benefit of Walsh coming back as human/robot and not just a hologram/artificial intelligence is that Buffy would get to physically kick her ass which she so deserved. Buffy uses a tase blaster
Who's In It?: Buffy, Riley, Graham, Professor Walsh, Dr. Angleman, Giles, Xander, Willow, Tara, Anya, Spike

Season 6
title Black Widow
description In a vignette of flashbacks and current state, Dark Willow recalls her journey to dark power (her reading about Giles' dark magic ripper past back in the high school library to eventually toying with and mastering dark spells and incantations herself with Amy and Michael(Gingerbread)) and she doesn't just drain Rack in her pursuit of power and vengeance, she faces off against Amy Madison in a dark magic tour de force. After she kills Warren Meers, Willow goes to raid Racks energies and confronts Amy in the process. They throw major magic at each other, blasting each other into alternate dimensions and back again to where Willow gets Amy near death right before she reveals that she saved Warren, who is standing skinless at the door. Willow brings forth a huge black widow spider from behind Warren to eat him up, before she throws Amy into the dimension with the spider, closing it up and teleporting out, but not before she teleports to the Trio's headquarters to destroy it and all of their collectibles (and makes sure Jonathan and Andrew see it and suffer until she can hunt them down and kill them herself). By the end of the episode, she's found Jonathan and Andrew and starts to torture them.
Who's In It?: Willow, Amy, Rack, Warren, Andrew, Jonathan, Buffy, Xander, Anya, Giles, Dawn, (In flashbacks Snyder, Cordelia, Michael, Sheila Rosenberg)

coming soon... episodes for Seasons 3, 5 & 7

Last edited:

Tank1978

Scooby
I'd always wanted to see Giles meet up with Wes again once he'd become more bad-ass, so I might set it in S5 of Angel in between Lineage and Harm's way. The two would meet up in London along with Wes' dad to try and resurrect the watchers council as Giles and Wes' dad would be trying to build it up again. Whilst there Wes and Giles would head to the pub, share a few beers and end up having to slay a demon or nest of vampires that's been terrorising one of the London suburbs. It would transpire that the demon/vamp gang was under the control of Drusilla who had returned to her roots. In the end Drusilla escapes and Wes and Giles part with much mutual respect.

Meanwhile in LA after a visit to see Cordelia in her hospital bed Angel runs into Faith. The two of them team up and along with spike, Gunn, Fred and Lorne, rid LA of one of wolfram and harts evil clients.

Main Cast - Angel, Wes, Gunn, Fred, Spike, Lorne, Cordelia, Faith, Giles and Drusilla

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I would have done the ending of season 1 different. The master trapped so they could have dumped a lot of gasoline in there before shooting a flare in their & all gone .

At the very least Buffy shouldn't have gone down there knowing she can release him as well.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
It takes place in season 3, basically replacing Bad Girls in a way.

Instead of Faith killing a man, the guy she killed is a demon that causes people to act on thier desires after tapping them on the shoulder.

He then taps Faith on the shoulder, Faith kisses Buffy, but Buffy doesn't resist and participates instead.

This changes the rest of season 3.

Faded90
Faded90
I’m happy with this change
Top Bottom