• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!
I thought I'd ask, what do you all think about Anya's song I'll Be His Misses from the episode, Selfless? I personally love this song and think it is one of the best ones written. It is so sweet and genuine and fits Anya's character perfectly! I've always wanted to see a version of "Once More, With Feeling" with I'll Be His Misses included or see the song included in the "Once More, With Feeling" soundtrack. So...what are your opinions?

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
It's a lovely song :)
But I think the reason it pacts such an emotional punch is because it's all about Anya's dependency on the wedding, which as we know by 'Selfless' failed. So I like that the song is seperated from the 'Once more with feeling' episode.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I thought I'd ask, what do you all think about Anya's song I'll Be His Misses from the episode, Selfless? I personally love this song and think it is one of the best ones written. It is so sweet and genuine and fits Anya's character perfectly! I've always wanted to see a version of "Once More, With Feeling" with I'll Be His Misses included or see the song included in the "Once More, With Feeling" soundtrack. So...what are your opinions?
I wish it were on the soundtrack, but i suspect it was recorded later, unfortunately. Pity. It's a great song!

HelloIAmHawt

The Master's Publicist
Eh, maybe it was the shoddy blonde wig that they put on her to try to make it work with hair-timing, but this song always scratched me the wrong way. I think calling back to her trying to find meaning/self through Xander when she's stabbed was an effective move (getting us right in the feels), but as she didn't actually die it comes off even cheaper than their attempt to rehash the success of OMWF. Also, since we were reminded just last season in "Older and Far Away" that putting a sword into a Vengeance Demon doesn't actually kill them? That's some false conflict right there, a ploy at our sentimentality that always made me more annoyed by the song than is probably reasonable.

That said, Emma Caulfield does have a beautiful voice

DagonSphere

Potential
I like this song, but it's not a great song for feminism, since she basically just sings about how her sole purpose is being someone's wife.

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
I remember hearing it for the first time and thinking 'you can tell Joss Whedon didn't write this one' ... then it turned out he did. Maybe he was having an off day. No where near as good as the real OMWF songs. Goes on too long. The lyrics aren't great. Bits of the tune are good - other bits are less so. And then there is this:

Eh, maybe it was the shoddy blonde wig that they put on her to try to make it work with hair-timing,
ANYA DID NOT HAVE LONG BLONDE HAIR IN OMWF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * and breathe *
That continuity error has been bugging the crap out of me for nearly 20 years.

And I know, I know ... she runs out in her wedding dress at the end and it is her wedding hair. Don't care. She did not magically grow her wedding hair for that one song and then be back to short, brown hair in time for 'I've got a theory'.

I like 'selfless' as an episode but the song is the worst part of it for me. It's a real lowlight. The other flashbacks are fab - especially the grainy old ones with Olaf.

GraceK

Grr Arrg
ANYA DID NOT HAVE LONG BLONDE HAIR IN OMWF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * and breathe *
That continuity error has been bugging the crap out of me for nearly 20 years.
Omg thank you I thought I was the only one who noticed this because I never saw anyone else comment on it!!! It drove me crazy!!!!’ Also, why was she even singing at all? The spell was supposed to be over at that point. The demon said “ one last to go out on” or something to that effect, which was the last Song in OMWF , which ends on the kiss between Spuffy. 🙄🙄 Joss clearly wanted one more song and threw out continuity, but to not even look at footage and check out her hair? So lazy!

spikenbuffy

"Preparation, preparation, preparation"
Omg thank you I thought I was the only one who noticed this because I never saw anyone else comment on it!!! It drove me crazy!!!!’ Also, why was she even singing at all? The spell was supposed to be over at that point. The demon said “ one last to go out on” or something to that effect, which was the last Song in OMWF , which ends on the kiss between Spuffy. 🙄🙄 Joss clearly wanted one more song and threw out continuity, but to not even look at footage and check out her hair? So lazy!
I always figured Anya sang the night Buffy sang on patrol at the beginning of OMWF, this is why in my mind she was asking to Xander something about coconuts. I think the morning after is Buffy & the scoobies singing at the magic shop and asking themselves why do they sing.

GraceK

Grr Arrg
I always figured Anya sang the night Buffy sang on patrol at the beginning of OMWF, this is why in my mind she was asking to Xander something about coconuts. I think the morning after is Buffy & the scoobies singing at the magic shop and asking themselves why do they sing.
Except that in his armchair Xander is sleep talking about the spell he did, and you hear the mustard lady outside in the background. So it’s the same night. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m normally cool at headcanoning these things away, but when it comes to season 7 I feel like it’s a giant middle finger to the audience to begin with. It’s possible Joss just wrote the song and someone else wrote the episode and didn’t bother to check the continuity of the prior season. That’s the best I can do to excuse Joss 😇

spikenbuffy

"Preparation, preparation, preparation"
I love Anya's song in Selfless. Plus I love how Anya sang about her wanting to become Mrs Harris, it worked well about Anya's story, her not knowing who she is and clinging to Xander which she says after in the beautiful end scene of Selfless between Anya & Xander.

I personaly prefer it to be on Selfless rather than OMWF, it's a good surprise when you see it for the first time and is a good gift by the writers who gave us one more song from that musical episode. I would have loved to see the happy faces by the Buffy fandom who loved OMWF lol, they were surely happy to see another song.

Myheadsgonenumb

Potential
Except that in his armchair Xander is sleep talking about the spell he did, and you hear the mustard lady outside in the background.
But he has already done the spell by that night - because Buffy is singing on patrol. He's talking about what he's done but Anya doesn't understand because she doesn't know yet. The lady and the man are singing about the mustard because he/ she has just got it on his shirt ... the next day they get the mustard out.

Top Bottom