1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

"I'm seeing someone..."

Discussion in 'Season 4' started by AnthonyCordova, Jul 27, 2017.

1. AnthonyCordova

AnthonyCordova Apocalypse Engine

Sineya
    In Orpheus, Anyone else put off by how Willow just assumes that Fred was into her like that? Or do you have a different perspective on the episode? I have to say that in my most recent watch this part was kind of annoying: it seemed like she was assuming an awful lot about Fred and her tastes and her intentions.

thrasherpix and GwenRaiden like this.
  2. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    This scene just makes me hate Kennedy even more for not letting my little two geeks get together.

Apart from that I think Willow jumped way too soon to conclusions. Maybe Fred was just being nice to her and excited to find someone who shared geekiness with her.

3. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    It's just classic Willow behaviour. Arrogant and rude, and with no sense of self-awareness.

HowiMetdaSlayer: no way wade :(
    brinkster130 and OccaQuokka like this.
  4. Fool for Buffy

Fool for Buffy BFF of Sour Patch Kid

Sineya
    That scene was very uncomfortable. Fred was being super sweet and Willow just jumps to conclusions. Not that I would be upset if they did get together tho...

5. WillowFromBuffy

WillowFromBuffy "My bowling shoe fetish is not the issue here."

People sometimes confuse me... :confused:

6. Blaze

Blaze Let it Burn

Black Thorn
    I can't be the only one that can kinda see why Willow said that? Presumptious? Sure it was. But if Fred was a guy I think a lot of girls might have also at least thought it in their head. It's kinda just what people do. Lots of people always think I'm flirting with them just for being nice.

Mylie and WillowFromBuffy like this.
  7. OccaQuokka

OccaQuokka My arse is not pansy!

Sineya
    I was like whoa what? When Willow said that. I didnt feel Fred was flirting, just excited (I dont mean sexually).

Is it like when men dont like their women hanging with unatteneded males? Was Willow saying it because she didnt trust herself if they were alone? A warning to Fred just not to try cos she'd cheat with her in a heartbeat?

GwenRaiden: Yessum
    AnthonyCordova: Interesting angle you took there
  8. WillowFromBuffy

Willow is simply doing Fred the courtesy of letting her know that she is unavailable. Being away from the shame and trauma in the Scoobies has put Willow in a good mood. She flirts innocently with Fred. Fred appears to be responding positively. Willow does not want to lead her on and tells Fred that she is seeing someone. She is not being aggressive or arrogant. Willow is the one taking a risk by admitting she fancies Fred. Fred could have crossed her arms and said that the thought did not cross her mind, which would have left Willow feeling like a fool.

Can I have a yay for honesty and transparency in social interactions? Anyone? At all? I will stand here with my hand raised until someone gives me a high five.

Zenseem: *high fives you even though I don't completely agree*
    Anyanka Bunny Killer: *glues a stuffed canary to raised hand*
    HowiMetdaSlayer: ‚úč
  9. Athene

Athene Scooby

Wasn't Fred asking Willow if they could get together and do something magic related one day?
    Maybe since Tillow used to equate magic to sex and closeness Willow thought that Fred was asking if they could be girlfriends in the future lol.
    The line of "I'm seeing someone" did feel a bit awkward though.

DeadlyDuo and AnthonyCordova like this.
  10. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    I'll definitely give you a high five for transparency and honesty in social interactions... the scene however is awkward.

They've just met, Willow is like five seconds away from leaving, they're just chatting in a friendly manner... the comment is shoe-horned in because the writers felt the need to insinuate a possible Fred/Willow pairing. The line, to me, doesn't seem like Willow. It seems like writers wanting to squeeze in a laugh because Willow's a lesbian so now she can't have a nice time with another woman without it being immediately sexual? Yeah, so, to me it's just awkward.

11. WillowFromBuffy

I am not going to fight you on this, nor make a case for the quality of the episode in general. I mean, let's not forget it's an AtS episode, even though Faith and Will are there. My point was that I did not feel Willow was doing anything wrong by laying her cards down, even if it might have been unnecessary.

DeadlyDuo likes this.
  12. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Hey, I prefer Ats :p
    But yeah, I don't necessarily think Willow is doing anything wrong. I just think the set up is kind of forced and says more about the writers than it does about the characters ;)

WillowFromBuffy likes this.
  13. GraceK

GraceK Grr Arrg

My impression is that throughout the whole episode Willow made it clear she was interested in Fred. It was played for laughs, but I think she was genuinely flirting with her.So at the end when Fred makes that remark about getting together, I think Willows rebuff was more about shutting down HER own interest, not Fred's. If that makes sense. Stepping back from temptation because she is seeing someone .

14. Evil Seal

Evil Seal I'm sorry, I was myth-taken.

That's exactly it. Willow wants to "set boundaries" with Fred. She's is attracted to Fred and wants to cut it short because she's already seeing Kennedy. But she does it in her Willowy nerd-ish way. I really don't see the problem in that scene. At first I thought they reverted Willow to the 1st season of Buffy with her awkwardness in this episode. But this moment shows the nerdy side of Willow, with the growth that occurred during the 6 other seasons

15. white avenger

white avenger white avenger

Whatever Fred's actual intent was, it's kinda nice to imagine that Fred might have offered to come back to Sunnydale with Willow and Faith, Kennedy would have become jealous, ran out of the house in tears, and been eaten by ubervamps.

bafshd: Kennedy would stay and bitch for at least three episodes and tell Fred to back off but she wouldn't run out crying
    AnthonyCordova, DeadlyDuo and Puppet like this.
  16. Puppet

Puppet My ass is not pansy!

Black Thorn
    @DeadlyDuo did you change your name?

WillowFromBuffy: KABOOM! Mic drop!!
  17. WillowFromBuffy

[​IMG]

Puppet likes this.
  18. sosa lola

sosa lola Scooby

Exactly. It always read as a joke to me. I admit that I did laugh when I first watched the episode. I don't remember rewatching the episode, but maybe I'll react differently.

19. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You know which character deserves more appreciation? Amy. How can anyone not like Amy after this moment?

[​IMG]