• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

I'm sorry, but I love them...

Willow Tara

♥️Buffyverse♥️ Tillow Forever!!!
Sineya
Couples you love but sometimes feel like you have to apologize for your love of that ship. For me (at the top of my head) that's Spuffy. They're one of my all time favourite couples, really! I LOVE THEM SOOOO MUCH!!! But I sometimes feel like I have to apologize because I love them. I mean they aren't always the most healthy couple in the Buffyverse, but what can I say? I just love them!
Spuffy-Gifs-spuffy-23445704-492-234-1.gif

Do you sometimes feel like you have to apologize for a ship you love, or a character, or whatever? Feel free to tell us why you feel like you have to apologize, but still love them.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
I suppose that'd be Angel and Illyria. I just dig it. Not that I'm sorry, lol, but it's the one that seems almost universally unpopular and that people question like WHYYYYY do you like this? :)

VisionGirl
VisionGirl
I'm not that far in the comics, but if it's set up well, it's possible that I may like it...or I may hate it. lol. I'm open-minded at this point.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Absolutely couldn't agree more. When I first joined the boards, it didn't take long for me to feel like I somehow needed to feel bad for shipping Spuffy. I'm thankfully past that, now. (by the way, not blaming the board, just my own insecurities)

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Having people hate on your ship just makes it more special. I don't want to support some common denominator vanilla ship anyway.

I once brought home a girlfriend to my parents for the Christmas holiday, and she confessed that she was nervous they wouldn't like her. I laughed and told her I didn't care if they liked her or not. That did not go down as well as I thought it would.

Anyway, I guess my most controversial OTP is Cersei and Jamie. Jon and Dynerus who?

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
I always smile when someone says "I don't ship minors with adults" and then I learn that they consider 17 a minor. You do you, but that's just weird.

Oh and I love Dawn/Wesley :D

Not on BtVS.
The only ship I feel bad about shipping sometimes is Chuck & Blair from Gossip Girl. I recognize how unhealthy their entire relationship and how much of an ass Chuck is, but I love them anyway. I can't help it. I don't usually like toxic ships. But I'm all for this one!!

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
Hahaha me too, blame the actors chemistry!

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Absolutely couldn't agree more. When I first joined the boards, it didn't take long for me to feel like I somehow needed to feel bad for shipping Spuffy. I'm thankfully past that, now. (by the way, not blaming the board, just my own insecurities)
I think it's okay to blame the Boards, I know I myself have been really bad in the past with regards to making people feel bad for shipping Spuffy (which is why these days I try to just argue against the ship and not the shippers).

Spuffy is such a controversial ship and I think that some of us who oppose it have a hard time separating fiction from reality, especially if we have personal experience with sexual assault or domestic abuse. And I know that I certainly have been guilty of letting personal experience get in the way of rational and non-biased debates. So, let me take this opportunity to apologise to anyone I've ever made feel bad about shipping Spuffy, as I really can be a dick in regards to that ship.

I've never felt bad about shipping a Buffyverse ship, but I've recently started watching The Vampire Diaries and I feel bad about the fact that I like both Delena and Klaroline.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
I've always been the type of person who likes to enjoy their fiction without having to consider the political/pedagogical/moral implications. I am mostly apolitcal and easily get frustrated and defensive whenever I am met with a political argument. It is quite ridiculous really. Being a literature student has forced me to improve, though.

Cangel1987

♥ Cangel ♥
No, I don't apologize for couples, which I like. Sometimes I think about what others say about my favorite couple. Mostly I don't take negative feedback 'seriously and prefer', and think my part.

I need to confess, I had to learn this behavior first. I learned to be thick-skinned when I also started to write Fanfiction.

But I would never apologize for a couple because I love it.

If I love someone/something, then I really love it with heart and soul and nothing in the world would make me apologize for it.

Well, that's what I think :)

Willow Tara

♥️Buffyverse♥️ Tillow Forever!!!
Sineya
Okay. This whole thread made me feel better. I think I won't apologize for my love of Spuffy anymore, or any other ship. I just really love them! And that's all that matters, everyone can ship whoever they like. Plus it's fictional, so there shouldn't be any moral conflicts. Thanks. I learned that from you. Now I can ship whoever I like without feeling guilty or whatever. I'm saying it out loud now: I LOVE SPUFFY! (and many more couples)

I love them and that's okay! You can ship whoever you like! Because love is love 🏳️‍🌈 💖
72a971894fb7aafa067ad4ad9b2c65e5.jpg

Last edited:
I've never felt bad about shipping a Buffyverse ship, but I've recently started watching The Vampire Diaries and I feel bad about the fact that I like both Delena and Klaroline.
If you are interested come share your thought, I will be interested to read them

Sineya
From my POV I would only ship things that are worthy of shipping so it doesn’t make sense to feel bad about it to me. If I ship something, I’m supporting and promoting that relationship...so I’d never support something to feel guilty about.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Spuffy or Spike in general. Spike is very controversial, some love him, some hate him.

For characters I am a Connor fan so a lot of people don't understand that! What can I say? I love conflicted flawed characters and well Spike and Connor are just that!

Top Bottom