• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

In celebration of white avenger

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
Hey everyone,

After hearing about White Avenger's passing and speaking to the mods @Mehansa and I thought it could be a nice idea to celebrate the things about Buffy that White Avenger loved and the things that kept him coming back to post for 14 years on this amazing board.
Over the next two weeks, everyone is welcome to post in this thread related to the things White Avenger enjoyed for example favorite ships, characters, or episodes.
We didn't know him personally but looking at his profile his favourite characters were Spike, Faith, Fred, and Illyria so I'm thinking we will produce something related to them this week.
I'm not very artsy so it will probably be an appreciation post but banners could also be cool :) Anything is welcome!

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Besides shipping Jandy, he was a true Spuffy fan, he was always a faithful ally against Bangels, Brileys, and so on... ;). Always being witty and insightful during shipping discussions. And if I remember correctly, he shipped Spuffy because OMWF was the first BtVS episode that he watched. So, I guess it makes a lot of sense that Jandy came as second ship for him.

Bop
Bop
That's really sweet thanks for sharing :) so he shipped Spuffy and Jandy.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
There was one time I had mentioned that slavery in the US had only ended in 1975 because the military draft ended on the last day of 1972 and those who were drafted just before that still had compulsory service in 1973 and 1974. Someone ridiculed that idea but white avenger came back and said it certainly was slavery. You do what you are ordered to do in the military and real-life service did not resemble some plot from M*A*S*H or Sgt. Bilko.

I would not be surprised if his relatively early death (I believe he was 73) had something to do with his service in the Viet Nam.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
For those who don't know where Jandy came from, it's actually from an April Fools one year

April Fools - Please Read: Spike Threads

I remember that one - 226 posts by the end of April Fools Day. Even after it was stated to be a hoax, there were a lot of animated opinions expressed. It finally got closed on April 6. That was a War of the Worlds level of success.

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
14 Days of Spike (in one post/day 😂)

Okay so I thought I'd use the 30 days of Buffy challenge but edit the questions to talk about Spike instead because while he's not my favourite, he was loved by White Avenger so I'll keep it mostly positive.

1. Favourite season of Spike?

Season 2 because I loved his personality a lot and there are plenty of truly iconic moments such as how Spike killed the anointed one and his "I want to save the world" 😃 moment at the end of season 2.

2. Favourite episode of Spike?

Becoming part 1 and 2.

3. Favourite song?

Rest in Peace 😃 I also liked the music that plays when Buffy and Spike have sex in Smashed.

4. Which persona of Spike is the best?

I liked his persona in Season 5- he was showing his layers by protecting Dawn for Buffy and becoming kind of part of the team but his nature as a demon wasn't forgotten which is shown through his stalking and how he made the Buffy Bot to have Buffy in a perverse way. And that's reflected through Spike saying "I know you'll never love me. I know that I'm a monster but you treat me like a man."
And then obviously it's up to each fan to decide if Buffy could ever love him.

5. Favourite friendship?

The Spike and Joyce scenes were always a treat to watch, I think their scene in the living room in Becoming is one of the funniest in the show- "Do I know you from somewhere?" "You hit me with an axe that one time- 'Get the hell away from my daughter!'"
I wouldn't call this a friendship but the Xander and Spike scenes were fun, I love during Spiral when Xander lights a cigarette for Spike because his hands are burnt.

6. Favourite romance?
Spike and Drusilla were very fun to watch.

7. Least favourite season?
Season 7 I think because I'm not a fan of how Spike is portrayed in the narrative.

8. Least favourite romance?
Spike and Harmony it's just not my thing.

9. Least favourite episode?

Lies My Parents Told Me.

10. Episode you like that everyone else hates?

I enjoy watching As You Were.

11. Which Spike do you relate to the most?
I think Spike in Lovers Walk is pretty relatable at the minute 😂

12. Favourite non-canon ship for Spike?

Spike and Xander.

13. Favourite quote?
"I want to save the world"

14. What makes Spike great?
I think James Master's acting is the main thing.

GothicBuffy

Slayer
14 Days of Spike (in one post/day 😂)

1. Season 4 and 6. We get to see the duality of Spike.

2. Lies My Parents Told Me. Always makes me cry, I love this episode. Also Beneath You, Fool For Love , and Something Blue are close runners up.

3. Rest In Peace, of course! But also Aimee Mann's Pavlov's Bells that plays during Spike's scenes in the Bronze during Sleeper.

4. I love his entire character, can't choose one persona. But I do love 70's Spike and wish we saw more.

5. Spike and Joyce friendship, Spike and Buffy friendship in season 5/early s6. I love them together as a couple but their friendship was equally important.

6. Spuffy, of course.

7. Bathroom Scene. And most of the time in Season 5 of Ats, mostly because he was mischaracterized and played for laughs too much.

8. Spike and Harm. As I've said before, Harmony deserved better, including when she was with Spike.

9. Seeing Red, because of the obvious.

10. Not really sure what Spike episodes people dislike. I like 'em all.

11. Sad Spike but also sassy Spike.

12. Spike/Illyria

13. His monologue in Touched. "One Good Day" and " I say we go out there and kick a little demon ass! What? Can't go without your Buffy, is that it? Too chicken? Let's find her. She is the Chosen One, after all. Come on! Vampires! Grrr! Nasty! Let's annihilate them. For justice, and for... the safety of puppies... and Christmas. Right? Let's fight that evil! Let's kill something! Oh, come on!"

14. Big question: he's great because of how interesting and complex he is and the way he changes over the show. JM also brings the character to life and really acted with his body. Spike always seemed to be in motion, physically, and he was always really emotional. 2 great qualities. Also he was so funny. I appreciate funny Spike.

Bop
Bop
Very true with 14. I can't really fault James' performance.

Cohen

Hellhound
I remember that one - 226 posts by the end of April Fools Day. Even after it was stated to be a hoax, there were a lot of animated opinions expressed. It finally got closed on April 6. That was a War of the Worlds level of success.
I miss the april fools threads... sigh.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Sorry I'm late to this 14 days of Spike : 😅😅

Season 5, he really shines in this season.

Fool For Love or Lover's Walk

3. Favourite song?

Does him singing "My Way" in his car a brief moment count? If not then Rest In Peace.

Season 5. Him struggling to his new feelings for the slayer but trying to do his best to help her if she has issues with Glory despite her not loving him.

5. Favourite friendship?

Souled Spike & Fred, very adorable!

6. Favourite romance?

Spike and Buffy of course.

Season 6 (the second part). Runner up to S2 BTVS Spike because I' m not a fan of him being ridiculized by Angelus & Dru & him being in a wheelchair.

Spike and Harmony

Dead Things

The Girl In Question

Lovers Walk, his speech about "love's bitch".

Spike and Faith

13. Favourite quote?

"Hello cutie"

His cool attitude, his passion, his devotion to the people he cares about despite being soulless pre S7 & lack of morals (and also post S6), he can really be sensible by moments & I love these moments. The acting of JM too.

Bop
Bop
Lovers Walk for relatability again :D

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Sorry I'm late to this 14 days of Spike : 😅😅
You know the last few posts of the 14 days of Spike are actually in the WA tribute thread. Didn't know if it was done on purpose or not but I was really confused for a minute.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
You know the last few posts of the 14 days of Spike are actually in the WA tribute thread. Didn't know if it was done on purpose or not but I was really confused for a minute.
Yes, it was done as a tribute to WA, not a separate thread.

Spanky
Spanky
Ah. That makes sense. I thought threads got merged or something.

whatdBuffyDo

Potential
Sineya
Now that I believe I’ve seen enough episodes to do this challenge, I’m joining the tribute🌹

Season 4.

Lover’s Walk or A New Man

3. Favourite song?

Spike jamming to Ramones in the car with Buffy was funny but Rest In Peace is his character’s song, so I choose it.

Chipped, frenemies with Scoobies type of Spike. ☺

5. Favourite friendship?

I agree with @Athene and @GothicBuffy and say Joyce&Spike. She treated him with respect as an equal person, when he didn’t try to hurt her daughter of course.

6. Favourite romance?

Spike and Drusilla: Starting from when she sired him to before she started to ridicule him alongside Angelus.

I agree with @spikenbuffy and say second half of S2, Spike in wheelchair, ridiculed by Angelus and Drusilla.

I agree with everyone and say Spike and Harmony.

Seeing Red?

I don’t know :(

Probably Lover’s Walk.

Spike and Xander, I’m totally for it. 😏 It would be a healthier love-hate relationship than Spuffy, wouldn’t be as interesting of course, but still...

13. Favourite quote?

“Because Buffy... the other not-so-pleasant Buffy... anything happened to Dawn, it'd destroy her. I couldn't live, her bein' in that much pain. I'd let Glory kill me first. Nearly bloody did.”

He really touched my heart in this moment, I like him a lot there, so did Buffy it seemed.

His character journey, his gray morality, James Marsters

Bop
Bop
Lol Lovers Walk has to be Spike's most relatable episode!
Top Bottom