• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

In episode 2, Cordelia acts like she knows Angel - did they officially meet in Season 1?

megcate

Townie
Hey! I’m rewatching Buffy from the beginning and something is really bugging me. In season 2 Episode 2, Cordelia is leaving cheer practice and gets spooked by Angel. She’s then fine when she realizes it’s just Angel and calls him by his name. She also says his name to Buffy in season 2 episode 1. Was there a point in any episode in season 1 where they “officially” met? The only time I can think of her even seeing him was at the Bronze when Buffy is on a date with Owen and Angel talks to Buffy. Are we supposed to assume that they were introduced after killing the master in the season 1 finale? Or am I forgetting something??

Miss Muffet

"Can I trade in the children for more cash?"
I think they were introduced after 'Prophecy Girl', as they never talked before that and it makes sense; the whole group was going to the dance, so the two people who haven't met should be introduced.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Cordelia only had brief moments with Angel in season 1, and didn't know he was a vampire until season 2 (Cordelia didn't believe them in Halloween). I remember some interaction between them with the Frankenstein ep, but I forget the details other than to make Buffy jealous.

She presumably knew about Angel being a vampire when she began doing research with the Scoobies as she did in season 2 (certainly when Angel becomes Angelus). But I can't remember when exactly she found out.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Cordelia saw Angel in 'Never Kill A Boy On A First Date' and declared the immortal line 'Hello, salty goodness' and pretty much threw herself at him.

But alas Angel was there for Buffy, who was there with Owen. It was a whole tangled web of hormones.

I also think they interacted in 'prophecy Girl' but she never saw his vamp-face. I guess Cordelia figured he was one of the college-going demon fighters.

Top Bottom