• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

In once more, with feeling, was Tara actually happy that those boys were staring at her?

S Rou

Potential
Right before she sings under your spell....

Was she actually happy the boys were into her? Did she resent being gay? Or was she just joking?

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think she was just joking. :) She never resented being gay, she loved Willow, she was just making a joke about being 'cured' because there are some idiots in the world who still believe homosexuality can be cured. I think it was a little dig at that, because it's clear she's gay. ;)

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Tara always had low self esteem until she met Willow. So having attention by guys was something new.
I think this is one of the only times we see her let down all the walls she builds up around the others; seeing her joke, laugh and being her true self around Willow. Especially after the insect reflection joke fail with the Scoobies.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I mean it's still flattering for someone to stare at you even if you're not interested. Plus, she never spent any time outside so she would never have experienced that. In Who Are You she says she had never even been to the Bronze:eek: so clearly it's something she isn't used to.

W

WillowFromBuffy

We all want to feel attractive and lovable. Willow brought the butterfly out of her cocoon. You didn't read that. Move along.

thrasherpix

Scooby
She struck me as joking and silly, though she was surely flattered. No, I don't think she resents being gay at all...if she did, it would've come out in her song.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
She was joking. This is made clear when she says, somewhat sarcastically, "I'm cured! I want the boys!"
She was joking about wanting the boys, but she still felt proud to be checked out. Admiration of any kind boosts self confidence, especially for someone who has really struggled with confidence in the past like Tara.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
'm sure that Tara was just flattered by the attention. The guys weren't leering or anything, merely noticing.

I guess its always nice to be noticed, good for the ol' self-esteem.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I think she was happy they were interested in her. Apart from Willow no one else had any interest in her. At least she knew there were other options than just the one person she was stuck with.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I've always seen this as a pick at the distasteful joke that if lesbians got a good lay, they would no longer be lesbians. It is a joke, picking fun at the belief that a lesbian is a lesbian because they have not yet found the right man. This is also true for single women, that once they find "MR right" they will be cured of their individual ideas and start to fit in to what society is comfortable with.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I've always seen this as a pick at the distasteful joke that if lesbians got a good lay, they would no longer be lesbians. It is a joke, picking fun at the belief that a lesbian is a lesbian because they have not yet found the right man. This is also true for single women, that once they find "MR right" they will be cured of their individual ideas and start to fit in to what society is comfortable with.
Tara was joking around with Willow . You could see the way she was speaking she didn't mean it . In fact I liked the fact that Tara was joking around when at first Tara was stuttering . That scene showed just how much Tara loved Willow if she was able to kid around with Willow .

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
That scene was pretty funny because it laugh at all the person who believed gay people needs to be cured from it. Oh and of course she was flattered, who would not be? I love that it shows that she is comfortable enough in her sexuality that she can laugh about it.

Top Bottom