• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

In the spirit of the holidays...share one thing you appreciate about a ship you dislike.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Okay.. so here's one I honestly could not find anything positive on. Fred + Gunn. Someone say a positive about them... and nothing superficial. The only thing I really remember of them is lying to everyone about their dating and then the guy getting eaten by the tree-thing.
Well, I ship Fred/Gunn, so it's probably unfair for me to supply the positives but ...
  • They have adorable pancake breakfasts together
  • She smiles when she watches Gunn play video games
  • Gunn treats her as an equal
  • Gunn loves how many tacos she can put away
  • She saves his life and reasserts that she "has his back"
  • Gunn tells her that he would pick her over the job and Wesley can't force them to break up
  • Gunn is always so proud of her "That's my girl, large and in charge ... well, teeny-weeny and in charge"
  • They spent a whole summer holding together Angel Investigations while being surrogate co-parents to Connor
  • Their relationship is based off a mutual attraction and respect
I'll never understand how people don't like Fred/Gunn, they are honestly one of the healthiest and happiest couples in the Buffyverse.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
"I love you more than pancakes." :-)
buffy1990
buffy1990
Yes!! Gunn/Fred are amazing! I love them.
MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
Yes they were very normal and a happy couple!

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
They have adorable pancake breakfasts together
I remember them eating pancakes at the truck stop... the rest of it I dont remember. I never really saw them as a ship more like a dinghy to me. But you gave great examples. Of course, I never really saw Fred and Wes as a ship either, so...

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Cangel: I agree with @Mylie I ship them just for one episode in You're Welcome because it's an amazing episode.
Briley: I love their scene together in Restless during reality, when Riley meets Joyce and then they have a cute goodbye. And then I think their dream scenes together are good also.
Willow/ Xander: The scene in Homecoming feels so real, despite me screaming at the TV.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Okay, I already did Bangel, so now it's time for Briley, which is technically harder for me, so wish me luck ;)

Briley: I've blocked out most scenes of these two and have not gotten to S4 on my re-watch yet, so for now, let's go with that scene where Riley is in the Initiative hospital. He's delirious, injured and rethinking everything he's known for several years, and through it all, his reminder of Buffy - her red scarf - is what keeps him going. I do think that was very sweet.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Briley ... love the scene in Something Blue where Buffy tells Riley she's getting married to a guy named Spike. Riley's reaction is hilarious.

If we're going for a more ship-y scene, then I like Riley awkwardly trying to converse with Buffy at the frat party in The Initiave (I think that's the episode). Particularly love the part where he runs out of things to say, so he just picks up a cheese cube and holds it out to Buffy and says "Cheese?"

crazysoulless
crazysoulless
"He's completely old. Well, not as old as my last boyfriend."

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Ok I am challenging myself here and sayiong something nice about Connelia:

I actually liked their dynamic at the beginning S4 when Cordy is back. I liked that Connor didn't lie to her and try to sugarcoat what was going. If they would have stayed friends (and only friends) after that I would have loved their friendship.

zoe

Townie
Willow and Kennedy: i like their conversation on The Killer In Me, when they go out on a date
Buffy and Angel: the scene in the ice skating i think is very sweet

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Spuffy: The scene in 'After Life' where Spike sees that Buffy is alive for the first time; her walking down the stairs to him and he ends up holding her hands. Nothing else ever came close to being as emotive as that scene (either before or after) because it was so beautifully understated.
Cangel: Well, 'You're Welcome' is kind of obvious. I did like Cordelia and Liam interacted during 'Spin The Bottle'- reminded me of her lusting after him back in Sunnydale.
Killow: Willow's 'tongue ring' comment. That's about the it.
Faith/Wood: Their kiss is hot; when Faith just slowly climbs up on top of him... Actually, that's just Faith, nothing to do with Wood.
Eh, I guess I liked the 'surprise' moment on the bus at the end; made Faith smile anyways.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I have to say that while I dislike Killow it lasted longer then I thought so props to Kennedy for staying with willow for so long.

thetopher

Sineya
Okay.. so here's one I honestly could not find anything positive on. Fred + Gunn. Someone say a positive about them... and nothing superficial. The only thing I really remember of them is lying to everyone about their dating and then the guy getting eaten by the tree-thing.
What about when they're talking on their phones, debating about Texas and California. That was a cute couple moment that rang true for me.
I've known people argue - playfully- about 'which is better' and it be very natural.

VCA

If the apocalypse comes, beep me
Buffy/Riley: I've never been a fan of their relationship, but I do appreciate Riley's supportiveness towards any hardships Buffy was facing in her life during seasons 4/5. I think the best example would probably be how he was always there for Buffy (and Dawn) when she found out Joyce had a brain tumor.

thetopher

Sineya
Wesley/Fred: Wes killing his (secret robot) Dad to save her, Fred's realization as to the depth of feeling that indicates, her subtle hints later that go over Wes's head, pretty much all of 'A Hole In The World'. There's quite a bit to like about S5 Fresley but its hard to ship them before that 'cause Frunn and Weslah are so better.

Buffy/Riley: The bedroom scene in 'Out Of My Mind' springs to mind, plus him looking after her when she gets stabbed in 'FFL'. Sweet.

Top Bottom