• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

In the spirit of the holidays...share one thing you appreciate about a ship you dislike.

Ceadsearc03

Potential
Briley: The scene in The Initiative where they’re both trying to find Spike and both trying to convince the other to leave is hilarious. It made me appreciate Buffy having the potential for a normal boyfriend, temporarily. And, he’s cute and funny, even if they aren’t endgame.

Spuffy: The scene where she got back from the dead and he was talking about how many days she had been gone. And also at the end - no, you don’t, but thanks for saying it. Very sweet moments. I also really enjoyed a lot of their banter prior to S6, even if I didn’t appreciate where S6/S7 went.

katmobile

Scooby
Briley - as said before by others decking Parker, also he sticks up for her when no one else believes her about Jonathan and also as a Spike fan I think the fact that Buffy opened his mind enough to trust her over Spike in seasons six and seven makes me respect what they had and I think Briley gave her a chance to breathe out and enjoy a normal relationship.

I actually don't mind Bangel but I think it's unstainable long term and of it's time Angel cuddling Mr Gordo in What's My Line part one is cute.

Killow - Kennedy's speech about being Willow's kite string before they get intimate in Touched is sweet and like Briley I think just because it's a rebound relationship doesn't mean it has no merit sometimes you need people to help get you through or over things.

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
Xanya: My favourite Xanya moment is in The Gift, when Xander lovingly looks at Anya and says "Smart chicks are so hot." Another favourite moment is when he supportively smiles at Anya in Family when she declares herself a "useful member of society."

Briley: I like how he was in The Initiative when he tries awkwardly to strike up a conversation with Buffy, and before that in Fear Itself his exchange with Buffy: "Don't make fun, I worked long and hard to be this pompous." But my ultimate favourite Briley scene is in Something Blue when she tells him she's marrying Spike. It's a hilarious exchange and Riley shines in it and I love it. And I like their scenes in Restless. I also like how she's leaning on his shoulder in the hospital when she's waiting to hear news about Joyce.

Bangel: It's not a ship I "dislike" but since it's not the ship I ship.... I can definitely add some moments I genuinely love... I love getting Angel's POV towards Buffy - his "missed you" from When She Was Bad - it's so touching and he almost whispers it out and then he leaves before he hears Buffy say it back...I always feel for him there. His jealousy in Pangs when he asks Willow "who's that guy?" is really cute. His smirk to Riley in The Yoko Factor is adorable. Their scene together in Forever is really beautiful. And I love their spontaneous make out session in the beginning of Surprise - that was really passionate, and the Claddagh ring scene is really moving - it's a beautiful gift for Angel to have given her and means so much for them both.

Last edited:

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
Briley- They have some sweet moments, in season 4 at least, and Riley really cares about Buffy.

Killow- Willow and Kennedy have some nice dialogue together and seem to be fairly happy.

Faith and Robin- They have chemistry, and look good together

DayDreamer27

Potential
Ok. Despite it seeming impossible, I can share a something liked with Spuffy.

The ending in Smashed. I think the scene itself was hot. The fire & tension built up to the point it resulted in some very destructive sex & both were so wrapped up in things, they didn't notice anything going on around them. In general, I could see the hottness in some of their sex scenes. And in those cases, the sex was never the issues, so much as how screwed up they were outside of that with the abuse, attempted rape, trauma, etc. So it's the messiness of everything else that drags down enjoying their intimate scenes.

But when I take some of the Spuffy sex scenes & apply similar situations to my OTP's, it actually is hot. For example my Marvel OTP. Both are super-powered & rather hot-headed individuals. lol So if they ever stopped bickering & just went for it the way Spuffy did, I can see some things getting destroyed. In fact, they may cause more mayhem than Spuffy. lol

The concept of some of their scenes is hot. Even though I hate the actual pairing with a passion.

Last edited:
Black Thorn
I'm kind of neutral about most the ships in both Buffy and Angel.
So these are about pairings I either don't like or don't really care for.
So with soulless Spike and Buffy I didn't mind it apart from Smashed up until when he gets ensouled, I really do not enjoy watching sex scenes and I always felt fairly safe with Buffy as hey were never that bad but then season 6 happened. But apart from that their nicest interactions were in the gift where Spike goes to Buffy's house, and in After Life when he says how many days she had been gone and stood outside the house crying.
I didn't mind Spike with a soul and Buffy it only really annoyed me that the pairing came at the expense of ruining some other characters but the 'no you don't, but thanks for saying it' was sweet.
With Angel and Buffy, the ice rink scene where she said she didn't notice his vampire face and in I will remember you just before the last 24 hours never existed.
Kennedy and Willow, where Willow is put in Warren's body and Kennedy does anything she can to help Willow.
Buffy and Riley, I liked Riley up until season 5 but I liked when he punched Parker in the face.
Willow and Oz, I liked where Oz forgave her when she was kissing Xander and wouldn't take advantage of her when she wanted to sleep with him to show she loved him.
Xander and Cordelia, the only bit I really liked is where Cordelia said she was getting the necklace out of her locker but she was wearing it.
Cordelia and Angel, I liked in season 5 when she came back and kissed Angel before dying.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Briley - I don't dislike it, I simply do not ship them. But I think that Riley was really a stand up guy during the episodes where they started dealing with Joyce's illness. He was there for Buffy, trying to help her and support her in any way he could. It's not a small gesture, it truly speaks about how he felt about her.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Xander/Anya: I don't really like the pairing. There isn't a time I can think of where this couple's interactions makes an episode really special or adds something unique, at least in S4-6. I don't care about the proposal in The Gift or the Hell's Belle's breakup. There is no investment for me; its my meh ship.
However I think the transition from Xander/Cordelia to Xander/Anya is really very clever and works better at smoothy moving from one to the other in comparison to Buffy or Willow's ships.
Anya's appearance on the show is a direct consequence of Xander's actions, so it feels entirely natural that she would gravitate towards him as somebody to latch on to in this new, modern, mortal world where she doesn't understand much. To say that Anya wasn't supposed to become a recurring character I think the writing is very successful.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Faith/Wood - I like the talk they have after the First appears to her as the Mayor

Top Bottom