• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Inter-Dorm Competition: House Banners

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
For those of you who have yet to see the Threads in your own Houses, we have a new Inter-Dorm Competition: House Banners. But there's a catch...

You can't make a banner for your own house!

If you check the thread that will soon be posted in your Dorm, you'll find out which house you have to make a banner. You will only know which House YOU'RE House has been assigned, all of the other Houses will be kept secret until the winner has been announced. Please see your House Thread for more details.

This Comp starts today (May 23rd) and will run until June 13th, giving you three full weeks.

You must PM your entry to the Prefect of your House, as the entries will be kept annonymous.

If you don't already know, the Prefects of the Houses are as follows:

Drogyn: Joyce Summers
Raiden: SpikedBuffy
Vahla Ha'Nesh: ~angelic slayer~
Merrick: Lyri

Once all the entries are in, we will have 'House Polls' where a winner will be decided from each House, and they will then go onto another poll to decide an overall winner.

The points will be awarded as follows:

Participation: 10 Points

1st place House poll: 50 Points
2nd place House poll: 40 points
3rd place House poll: 30 points

1st place overall poll: 200 points
2nd place overall poll: 175 points
3rd place overall poll: 150 points
4th place overall poll: 125 points

If anyone has any questions, please post them here, or see your House Thread.

Thank you, and good luck everyone!

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Is the idea to find out who does the best banner? As long as each member knows what house they have to do, then won't the house with the most members be the winning house?

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
We're stil waiting on a few judges to cast their vote. Once I have them, I'll announce the winner.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Okay, we FINALLY got the other votes, so I'd like to introduce you to your winner...

DROGYN_angelicslayer02.jpg

Which was made by a Vahla Ha'Nesh member.

In joint second place were...

raidenbanner1.jpg

Made by a Merrick Member

And...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Spikedbuffy/Vahlahanesh4.jpg

Made by a Raidener.

And in fourth place we have...

merrick2.jpg

Made by a Drogynite.

And I now welcome all the other Prefects to step up and tell us who made which banner.

Total points won for this round are as follows:

Vahla Ha'Nesh: 400 House Points
Raiden: 395 House Points
Merrick: 335 House Points
Drogyn: 315 House Points

Crongratulations to all the winners, and to everyone who entered!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Congratulations everyone on an AWESOME competition!!!! (and of course a huge hug to my fellow VH-ers, woot de la woot! :)).

Really though, I couldn't BELIEVE the entries in this, it was so awesome to see THAT MANY banners-- and really great ones at that! I would proudly wear any of these ANY day :)

Way to be BB, great work to all the participants :thumbs:

InsaneMystic

Ex-Scooby
Yay, we win! VH rules! :cheering:

But the point totals are really close, and well deservedly I say - there really was tons of great stuff from all the houses! So congrats to all the winners!

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Anybody surprised? I´m not. I always say we have the best banner-makes. We rule!!!! *doing the dance of joy*

But I must say I was very impressed by the whole competition. It was a tough battle as it should be. Well done everybody. And this just shows how important it was just to enter a banner in the first place. Mine didn´t get a single vote, but I couldn´t care less in a moment like this.
Even though I need to thank nerd4hire for his kind words.
We did it! Off to the party I go.

SpikedBuffy

Love Isn't Brains
We are so proud to take second place! As my second graders say... "First, worst, Second, best!" :) No, just joking! :) Everybody did a fabulous job. I can say that it was really hard to pick a winner, because the four finalists were so good.

The banner submitted for the Vahla Ha'nesh house was made by Raiden member Tranquillity. I'd also like to thank my housemates that submitted banners that might not have been chosen to be in the finalist round, but helped us earn major points!

Thanks Andy, palabravampiress, Spirit_of_Fred and Darkly Dreaming Drusilla and Tranquillity.

Top Bottom