• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Introduction

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hey guys, so this will be the bookclub for Sometimes I lie by Alice Feeney.

Now, I won't be setting up any weeks as guidelines for reading, instead I've divided the book up into six parts and people can read at their own pace and post as they go along.
Because there are no traditional chapters - because why make this easier for us - I've used the headings for the different timelines as separations.

Part 1:
Now: Boxing day December 2016 - Then: Tuesday December 20th (afternoon)

Part 2:
Now: Wednesday 28th December (morning) - Then: Thursday 22nd December (morning)

Part 3:
Before: Easter Sunday 1992 - Then: Friday 23rd December 2016 (late afternoon)

Part 4:
Then Friday 23rd December 2016 (early evening) - Now: New Year's Eve 2016

Part 5:
Then: Christmas Eve 2016 (afternoon) - Before: Thursday 7th January 1993

Part 6:
Now: Monday 2nd January 2017 - Later: Spring 2017

All of these sections will get a thread of their own, they should be roughly 70 something pages per part. The reason why there are six parts is because I didn't want to overload anyone with 100 page intervals which may seem daunting. This might be a lot to keep in mind, but just check where you are in the book and then pick whichever fits to post in, that way people won't have to get spoiled. Just take it at your own pace. (Fun fact, I kept writing Christmas Cheese in stead of Eve writing this down... hmmm) (If any kindly soul has the actual book - I'll be listening to it - and want to look up the page numbers for these parts, please let me know.)

I will also post a thread for final thoughts where those of you who've finished the book can post to your hearts content, no such thing as spoilers in this thread. Enter at your own risk.

Feel to post whenever you want in either thread, I will be posting question as I go along, but no need to wait for me to initiate. If you've thoughts or questions, post away!
:)

Last edited:

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
Adding these to show how I divided the books, for clarification. When did chapters go out of style? :p

3C3B7A80-6D53-444C-B37B-78DCFC53C75D.jpegE9572B27-713E-4DE8-84BD-E88A670640F9.jpeg

Top Bottom