• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Is Angel the Sentimental Kind?

Priceless

Scooby
I wondered if people think Angel is sentimental? Would he keep mementos of his life or old letters? If so, who would have written to him - Darla, Cordy, Connor, Wes, Faith, Gunn? What might they have said?

I like to think he might keep a note from Cordy, something silly like 'Hey brood guy, can you pick up some cream for Connor's tush while you're out'

Or maybe from Fred, thanking him for rescuing her and being her hero.

What do you think?

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
I think that he is very sentimental, but he doesn't talk about it, just seems like the type to do so.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Sentimental, yes, but I don't see any letter writers among his acquaintances except maybe Wesley but I doubt Wesley would ever have an occasion to write to him. I doubt he would keep a shopping list from Cordelia, even if it was only one item. I doubt Fred would write a letter - she would write a wall and it wouldn't be about him.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I definitely consider him sentimental, but I don't know if I think he keeps actual things. However, I think, when he's alone, he will draw the memories, the people he's loved over the years. I think, in his room in the Hyperion, you'd find tons of drawings of his human family, Darla, Drusilla, Buffy, Connor, anyone that ever truly mattered to him at one point or another. I don't know why, but to me that's how he's sentimental :)

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I don't think Angel would keep physical things around . From what I remember he l didn't have a place to stay at really before Buffy .
I think that while sentimental Angel is more likely to brood over things then keep physical items myself .

Angel6

Potential
He’s very sentimental. He 100% would have kept the cladagh ring if he could, it’s a shame they couldn’t explain round that disappearing when he went to hell somehow. I think even the gifts he give to Buffy really showcase his sentimentality. The cladagh ring is a beautiful tradition of his people, and the book he gives her is clearly something very special to him too.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I thought only chicks kept stuff like that? Letters and what not.

AstridDante

Potential
In some ways yes I can see that he is both sentimental and sensitive but in others he is very pragmatic. Even when he suffers great pain and loss he seems to brush himself down and move on.

Angel6
Angel6
He carries the weight of it with him though, even though he keeps moving forward-that’s what I like about the character so much.
Top Bottom