• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Question Is Connor the first male "slayer"? Discuss.

AngelR0cks

Townie
Gifted with strength and speed of demonic origin just like Buffy et al; is he not the first male "slayer" in the Buffyverse?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
The only thing he slayed was a helpless girl at Cordy's (as Jasmine) request. There is no indication that he had a mission to rid the world of vampires. There was only one vampire of interest to him and that was his father, who he had been indoctrinated to believe was totally evil. He is eventually granted the ability to live in an ordinary family but he returns in the last episode to help Angel fight against Hamilton once he is presented with the reality of the situation.

white avenger

white avenger
Not likely, because, as far as we know, his superhuman abilities were inherited from his parents, whereas the Slayers' powers are due to the manipulation of the Shadowmen.

On the other hand, his very existence is due to the manipulation of the Senior Partners, so he might be considered the beginning of his own unique line (the Destroyers?) The only way to be sure would be if he died and another Destroyer of similar lineage were Called, or born, to replace him.

AngelR0cks

Townie
The power would be inherited no doubt instead of gifted but other than that they are remarkably similar. Connor's line could be the beginning of a unique line of slayers.

kamui3

Townie
Sineya
Connor is similar to a slayer, but he's just a half-demon.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Connor is a new breed, the first of his kind. He's not a slayer, he's his own entity.

Connor was created by Jasmine, right? Through her cosmic manipulations.

The slayer line was created by man, spells.

I think that's the difference.

kamui3

Townie
Sineya
I thought it was Cordy who swung the knife? Am I remembering this all wrong?

Connor did actually kill that girl. Cordy just covered her hands in blood to speed up her giving birth.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya

Yeah, Cordelia killed the girl sacrifice I think.

The only things Connor slayer were the legions of vampires that were roaming downtown LA in when the sun went out.

Although he did try and blown up a bunch of innocent people, until Angel stopped him.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
It was Connor. He had an internal struggle with Darla showing up and telling him he didn't have to do it. But Cordy convinced him it was Angel playing games with him and he sacrificed the girl per Cordy's request.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
That right. Darla did show up & try & talk him out of it .
Loved her comeing back like that too :)

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
I like to think it was ol' Darla with a soul sent to help her dear boy. Sent by the PTB? Still quite manipulative-y.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I like to think it was ol' Darla with a soul sent to help her dear boy. Sent by the PTB? Still quite manipulative-y.
Darla didnt have a soul though.. Darla was a dusted vampire is all she was. It was the PTB masquerading as Darla. The whole of that season was a civil war amongst the PTB.

Xin Rong

Killed by Dissertation
Darla didnt have a soul though.. Darla was a dusted vampire is all she was. It was the PTB masquerading as Darla. The whole of that season was a civil war amongst the PTB.

I think that it makes more sense that it was The First manifesting as Darla to try and end World Peace, which would have obviously hindered its concurrent plans for an apocalypse in Sunnydale

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I think that it makes more sense that it was The First manifesting as Darla to try and end World Peace, which would have obviously hindered its concurrent plans for an apocalypse in Sunnydale
I just figured that as Jasmine was a PTB it made sense that "Darla" was a PTB. Or the doing of a Senior Partner to protect their 'hell dimension'. I just never thought about what was happening on Buffy affect Angel, or vice versa that much.

Xin Rong

Killed by Dissertation
We only ever had Jasmine claiming that she was a PTB, she was obviously on their power scale, but we don't know for sure. Also, if the PTB hadn't intervened up until this point, why would they so directly do so now?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
if the PTB hadn't intervened up until this point, why would they so directly do so now?
Because no one else could. They were always a last ditch kinda group. Which is why Jasmine grew disillusioned. Angel and to tempt, bribe and cajole them for any help.

Xin Rong

Killed by Dissertation
They're a prescient group though, this was by far one of the worst times to intervene - they had many more sensible times to intervene prior to this, particularly when they had a direct line of communication to the Fang Gang via Doyle/Cordy, which due to their precognition we can assume they also knew this?

Dolores

Professional sleeper
But how would Jasmine have been able to see Darla if it was The First? I thought other's couldn't see when it appeared to a certain person.

Top Bottom