• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question Is Connor the most hated character?

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
There's been a lot of Connor talk lately and it saddens me he's hated as vehemently as he is. Dawn seems to get a bit of a free ride in the annoying teenager competition because she's on BtVS and didn't try to sleep with Tara, but come on, give the guy a break lol. He's been through hell.

Me, personally, I love his scenes. All of them minus the rain of fire sex scene. I think he's a fantastic face actor like SMG, and I find his performance really gripping and intense.

I understand not liking a character but from some reactions you'd think VK/Connor killed their dog or something. :eek:

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
YES! Connor is precious and my fictional son.

Surely people hate Warren or Veruca more? I don't get how people can look at the tragedy that is Connor's childhood and not feel the slightest bit sorry or protective of him. The poor boy had a worst life than Buffy by all accounts, because he was killing demons since he could walk, grew up in a hell dimension, was taught to hate his father. was manipulated by his "girlfriend" worst than Buffy/Angelus, and had to kill his own daughter. Really... he's so sympathetic that I don't get the hate.

sosa lola

Scooby
I feel that Riley and Kennedy are more hated.

I like Connor and find his attitude after he came back with Holtz in S3 very believable. The kid was traumatized and taught to hate his own father for 18 years. I think the AtS got his personality right.

Sidenote: Awww, so happy to have gotten my banner back!

Priceless

Scooby
I pity Connor terribly and I think all his crimes, though horrible, were completely understandable. He was used and let down by every person he ever met. No one in the verse has more bad luck. He's an anomoly, the child of two vampires, and it feels like the world didn't think he should exist and tried to destroy him from the moment he was born.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Kennedy has got to be the most hated. I don't know that I have ever seen sympathy for her. Connor has a get out of jail free card because of the whole growing up in Hell thing. So there is obviously going to be sympathy, and it's understandable that people would just want to feel for him. Personally, I don't like Connor, but it's not like I can blame him. Kennedy on the other hand, I blame for being a spoiled annoying brat who, by the way, is not that attractive. Willow could do sooooooo much better.

flow

Scooby
I must have been to lucky to have watched only season 5 of Ats so far. I really like Connor. He is such a nice character and I love the way he is joking with his father ("There is some full-moon love, am I right ? Fur flying ?")
And he guesses that there is an apocalypse and what is he doing ? Not running away but coming to Wolfram & Hart to join in the fight.

flow

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
I definitely feel like Kennedy is hated more than Connor, I think you have to have sympathy for Connor's unfortunate start in life. He literally grew up in hell, was kidnapped as a baby and groomed as a killing machine. He's clearly not going to be Son of the Year 2001!

Triss

Andrew's momma
I definitely feel like Kennedy is hated more than Connor, I think you have to have sympathy for Connor's unfortunate start in life. He literally grew up in hell, was kidnapped as a baby and groomed as a killing machine. He's clearly not going to be Son of the Year 2001!
For absolutely no reason I skimmed over this and assumed you were talking about Terminator 2... That's all.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I know Kennedy is not very well liked but she's not in the show for very long whereas Connor was a cast member in the credits. For some he ruined the show for the fact he was in it for so long and played such a large part in the overarching story. Kennedy was less crucial to the series, so definitely easier to skip over her inclusion if you don't like her.

Tbh, the more unlikeable Connor was to the audience, the more I liked him. :D

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
The actor was great. What put me off is the Cordy love. It was the story between them that had me repulsed more than Connor the character.

He showed true maturity in s5.

Antho

Scooby
What annoys people is that Connor is naive, influential, manipulable and that many do not understand it, do not support it. And for many he participated to the destruction of the character of Cordelia.

Ps : Charisma wasn't really good playing a bad guy.. And look at this outfit :eek: she wear the most horrible outfit of both show !!

NileQT87
NileQT87
Am I the only person that actually loves that top?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I don't know that I would say I hate Connor, but he is certainly one of my least favorite characters of both shows. However, this has nothing to do with Vincent, I've seen him in other things and he's definitely not a bad actor. Some characters just do more for one person than they will for another, and with Connor's main characteristic seemingly being his hatred for the title character of the show, he gets more haters. I find that it's probably the simplest way to put it.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I think Kennedy and Dawn are more vocally hated/disliked, as well as a whole bunch of guest stars (like the Potentials!); I don't often see Connor getting hated on.

But in a way I understand why people dislike Connor in that he's fairly one-note in S4, is caught up in an unpleasant storyline that mistreats a beloved character (so guilt by association) and that he acts as an antagonist towards Angel; they have good chemistry but .I find that it doesn't develop much beyond 'Angel wallops him this episode', 'this episode they argue', 'this episode they get pissy over Cordelia', etc.

Even I- who have some sympathy for him because of his tragic circumstances- often find him frustrating in episodes. He doesn't really interact with anyone other than Angel or Cordy unless he's being sullen and moody.
There are some good character interactions though; him and Angelus, him and Faith and he gets some good material during the Jasmine arc.

I do like Connor as a guest stat in S3 and I think he's wonderful in S5. More interesting in both cases.
So...like Dawn? Good start, good end, shame about the middle bit.

tripdastati0n

Townie
i fell like im the only one who understood the cordy sex scene. She wanted him to have something he was of age and it was the end of the world plus hes hot. It shocked me but I accepted it and really like all the cordy and connor arcs minus the whole coma thing. And yes connor matured so much in season 5

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
i fell like im the only one who understood the cordy sex scene. She wanted him to have something he was of age and it was the end of the world plus hes hot. It shocked me but I accepted it and really like all the cordy and connor arcs minus the whole coma thing. And yes connor matured so much in season 5
Except that wasn't Cordelia having sex with him, it was Jasmine.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
huh? But Jamine wasent in her belly yet. Only after the sex... right?
She wasn't in her belly, but she was in every other part of her. The pregnancy was so she could give birth to herself. Cordelia stopped being Cordelia when she was sent to a Higher Realm at the end of S3. Once she returned, Jasmine was controlling everything she did and said.

tripdastati0n
tripdastati0n
well damn. Mind blown!

katmobile

Scooby
She wasn't in her belly, but she was in every other part of her. The pregnancy was so she could give birth to herself. Cordelia stopped being Cordelia when she was sent to a Higher Realm at the end of S3. Once she returned, Jasmine was controlling everything she did and said.
I think it was Cordy with amnesia until Spin the Bottle and on some level it was Cordy that sabotaged the spell she could feel Jasmine coming and tried to stop her.

Puppet
Puppet
Great, but that's fanon, not canon.

katmobile

Scooby
I think it was Cordy with amnesia until Spin the Bottle and on some level it was Cordy that sabotaged the spell she could feel Jasmine coming and tried to stop her.
The fact that Cordy had geunine amnesia isn't. Multiple interpretations are possible.

Top Bottom