• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Is Cordelia likable on Buffy?

Evil Seal

The Blake Bortles of whatever's going on right now
I loved Cordy ever since s01 of BtVS. She's not the typical one dimensional bully but she's not the cliché of the bully-with-a-heart-of-gold either (I'm thinking of Molly Ringwald in the Breakfast Club for that cliché). She's not just the queen bitch but she's also unapologetic about her bitchiness.

MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
Breakfast is awesome!

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
I loved Cordy on Buffy! While I loved her on her Angel run much more, Cordy was likeable on Buffy too!
S1 I don't think she was very likeable until Out Of Mind, Out Of Sight but in S2 and S3 she proved to be one of my fav characters :)

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
I think Cordelia has plenty likeable moments on Buffy but yeah, I loved her in the early seasons of AtS. It's one of the reasons why AtS s1 is probably my fave Buffyverse season.

W

WillowFromBuffy

Cordelia is plenty likeable on BtVS. I am almost sad she had to go. I love the fact that she truly loved Xander and was completely invested in their relationship, even when he was hesitant and wavering.

My absolutely favourite Cordelia moment on BtVS is in Helpless when a depowered Buffy asks Cordelia to drive her home. The way Cordelia's mannerisms just totally change as she simply says, "Of course," is so lovely. They're not great friends at this point, but Cordelia understand that Buffy needs her and does not ask any questions.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
Cordelia was always awesome because she was unapologestic. You can love her or you can hate her but what you see is what you get. I always love people (or in this case fictional charcaters) who are true to themselves. Even as an evil queen bee Cordelia is appealing because she loves being bad and in control of her clique. I mean in the dating world...she is the slayer!

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I think that Cordelia was a layered and nuanced character, even on BtVS, but she wasn't always particularly likable on the original series. She was originally the antagonist for Buffy and the Scoobies and even when she started to integrate into the Scoobies, she was still somewhat of a bully. However, she did have many shining moments on BtVS and you could definitely see the beginnings of her character arc/development.

I think she became vastly more likable on AtS (until her character assassination during Season 3) and that she really grew as a person and a character on the show. I personally did not really start liking Cordy until AtS, where we got to see her amazing arc and development.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I did not like her on Buffy.
I was on board with her on AtS Season 1 and early Season 2.
Cordelia and I have a strange relationship. It's complicated.

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
Everyone talks about how much she changed from Buffy to Angel, but I think we sometimes make too much of it. What I always loved about her, regardless of the show, was her unapologetic sass and humor. I adore Cordy in every season except Angel S4.

Cohen
Cohen
The only time she was actually Cordy in season 4 was the mind wipe in Spin the Bottle.

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
No. She's is an entertaining character, but not very likeable over all. She has likeable moments, but that's about it.
I was really upset that she was going to be on Angel first time I heard about it actually, cause I disliked her so much and I worried they'd make her a love interest for Angel.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
You predicted Cangel? I never would’ve thunk it.

Evil Seal

The Blake Bortles of whatever's going on right now
I worried they'd make her a love interest for Angel.
I have to admit that when I first saw her on Angel I was a bit concerned that they would immediately pair them up. I'm glad they became friends though

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Well if Cordy was at my high school I certainly wouldn't like her. She's not a very likable person. But she is quite funny, and anytime we get to see past her thick exterior I enjoy it.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Cordelia was likeable in Btvs because she didnt try to be liked. She knew how to hold her popularity without the wholesome personality.

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
I think she was likeable on Buffy as a character. Maybe not someone I would have been friends with in real life, but watching her is great. She's funny and straightforward on the outside, and doesn't give a second thought to telling it like it is. She's very complex though, and has shown multiple times that she is capable and intelligent, as well as sensitive and caring. Love her!

zoe

Townie
I start to enjoy her character when she and Xander hook up, there was something in their relationship that i really like it even i know it wasn´t to last, and it was on AtS when i love her character, i enjoyed her friendship with Angel especially the way she made him smile and i hated what they did to her on S4

Top Bottom