• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Is there something between Faith and Buffy in the comics?

spikenbuffy

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace....
Hi everyone, i post a thread because i often see people shipping Faith and Buffy and i have never read Buffy the comics because for me the last season of Buffy is the 7th season. I'm don't think that i will read the comics one day. So i wanted to know if something happened between Faith and Buffy in the comics because plenty of people ship Fuffy and i have never give a thought about Buffy and Faith together in the tv show, hell i didn't know that there was people seeing them together but myself now i'm wondering about Fuffy.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
No, the Fuffy shipping comes from the lesbian subtext of S3. It is a bit of a trope, the bad girl becoming obsessed with the good girl and ruining her life.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Faith and Buffy aren't even friends in the comics (by now they're friendly? I guess); there's been no real development of their relationship from the show in any organic way.
Their relationship regressed a lot in S8, then they spent all of S9 and 10 on different continents (apart from a 1 issue cameo from Faith at the start of S10), then Faith was in Buffy S11 for about 4 or 5 issues. Wasn't particularly impressed with their interactions there.
Sadly a wasted opportunity to explore both characters.

But Fuffy is awesome, as I make clear here: Why Fuffy?
:D

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Oh man, I finally read your manifesto and my favorite part is "Destiny is bigger than wieners." LMAO. I die.
spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Why fuffy? is a great thread, i am now more and more wondering how it could have been about Fuffy
Black Thorn
So i wanted to know if something happened between Faith and Buffy in the comics because plenty of people ship Fuffy and i have never give a thought about Buffy and Faith together in the tv show, hell i didn't know that there was people seeing them together but myself now i'm wondering about Fuffy.
Welcome to the strange world of forums where you can find someone shipping any two characters, no matter how strange it seems. You didn't miss anything though, there's no Fuffy in the comics or on the show.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
Welcome to the strange world of forums where you can find someone shipping any two characters, no matter how strange it seems. You didn't miss anything though, there's no Fuffy in the comics or on the show.
Just because you’re too close minded for the beauty of Oz and Snyder :p

spikenbuffy

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace....
It's just that i've never really gave very much a thought before, i learnt about a fuffy kiss in the original script of Enemies (i think it is that episode) many years after being a fan of the show but if Faith and Buffy would have kissed in that episode there i would be thinking much earlier about Fuffy more than a friendship. It is also that in the tv show i see that more Faith would want a relationship with B than Buffy, i mean Buffy was with Angel in s3 and she seems often hostile towards Faith because of the slayer thing even in the episode FH&T (she thinks that Faith wants to take her friends) or Amends when she doesn't want to invite Faith to her home at Christmas after their argument with Gwendoline Post. Even in s7 she is hostile towards Faith about her fear that Faith would want to take her friends, job and all. But now i'm wondering what it could have been if Angel would have left BTVS in the mid season 3 after Amends (like it was supposed to happen i think i read something about it about Angel leaving Sunnydale earlier). Maybe it could have happen something between Faith and Buffy, we will never know.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
It's just that i've never really gave very much a thought before, i learnt about a fuffy kiss in the original script of Enemies (i think it is that episode) many years after being a fan of the show but if Faith and Buffy would have kissed in that episode there i would be thinking much earlier about Fuffy more than a friendship. It is also that in the tv show i see that more Faith would want a relationship with B than Buffy,
The WB wouldn't allow any girl-kissing until S5's 'The Body' and even then Joss had to fight for it. The Fuffy thing in S3 is mostly from Faith's perspective; Eliza played it that way and upped the sexuality and none of the writers told her to quit it with that...so it's canon- at least from Faith's pov.

Also I'd recommend @POTN 's excellent Buffy reviews which- when S3 comes around- mentions the Faith/Buffy sexual tension; and theorizes how- thematically- it fits with flow of the season when compared to the Angel/Buffy/Angelus 'forbidden love' aspect of S2.

Top Bottom