• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Jasmine Came From The Hellmouth

I think Jasmine came from the Hellmouth in Sunnydale, rather than the higher realm.

I'm rewatching the Buffy/Angel series side by side and noticed that in Buffy S7 when the Hellmouth's energy started to escape, the events of Cordy ascending, descending, and being taken over by Jasmine also transpired. What if "Jasmine" was an entity that came out of the Hellmouth (or possibly is The First, or some version of) and used Cordy to "ascend" to gain more power and that's how Jasmine became a Goddess and watched the Earth and learned all she could, then come back to it, in her perfect vessel. Her true form is nasty! Decaying, and she literally has the touch of disease and death. That doesn't sound like anything from the higher realms at all. It sounds like an ancient evil that could only have came from hell. It's not a coincidence that a portal to Hell opens up a few towns over at the same time Jasmine shows up. s

So, she orchestrated the events in Sunnydale. She practically admitted to guiding Cordy and Wesley (as well as the rest of the team) their whole lives to make sure they end up there at that exact moment. Cordy would have never worked for Angel if she hadn't been apart of Buffy's adventures and gained all the experience and knack for the supernatural world, so that means that Jasmine 100% influenced events in BTVS as well.

Also, the prophecy of the hellmouth "swallowing" sounds a lot like Jasmine and what she literally does to her victims. In Angel, they kept saying how the Beast's plans for the apocalypse didn't match their own. That's a weird way to describe it, seeing as it's all technically in the Angel verse. I think Jasmine was so powerful an entity that she literally took over the world from a different seat than usual, being in another TV series entirely. It just looks interesting and connected if you watch the two shows side by side the way they're intended to be.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
For someone who is an avowed atheist, Joss Whedon has created a remarkably accurate picture of the Anti-Christ in Jasmine. When the Anti-Christ comes, we are told that he or she will not be as ugly as her soul, she will be:

1. Attractive. This will be someone you would want to see.
2. Seductive. The Bible says the Anti-Christ will be capable of being very convincing: He will come saying, "Peace, peace." And people will be glad to be sacrificed to her.
3. She will correct long-standing wrongs in society.
3. Powerful. Forget world peace, she got a BMW driver to stop for a pedestrian and do so cheerfully. This shows that some of the darkest magicks are in use and her expertise in them.
4. His/her true nature will be hidden. We not see the image of death and decay that is real. She will try to destroy anyone who finds out about her true nature.

Let's compare this to the historical figure most used by people who are losing an argument on the internet: Adolph Hitler

1. Millions of people took part in his midnight vigils and listened to his talks.
2. People were told they would have to work 14, 16, 18 hours per day and they ate it up.
3. The previous administration (the Weimar Republic) had been subject to hyperinflation where you had to buy your groceries immediately after getting off work because by the next day, your money would only be worth half of what it was today. For more recent examples, see Zimbabwe and Yugoslavia.
4, Hitler had a tremendous interest in the occult.
5. The German people did not know what was coming or the darkness that blamed Jews and Gypsies and had 6,250,000 people killed including the insane and homosexuals.

I would not call Hitler an Anti-Christ but rather a prophet of the Anti-Christ that is yet to come. And there was nothing divine about Jasmine. She was the embodiment of evil.

Black Thorn
I've always been of the opinion that Jasmine, Glory, and Illyria originated in the same hell dimension. They required human hosts, expected to be worshipped, and each had devoted acolytes.

Hell gods who probably knew one another eons ago....

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I've always been of the opinion that Jasmine, Glory, and Illyria originated in the same hell dimension. They required human hosts, expected to be worshipped, and each had devoted acolytes.

Hell gods who probably knew one another eons ago....
I always thought Glory was actually a juvenile hell god rather than an adult one. It would explain her behaviour and also why she just wants to go home. I also think her "Hell god form" is just a giant sized version of her. Jinx and the other minions could've been her minders/babysitters.

I always thought Glory was actually a juvenile hell god rather than an adult one. It would explain her behaviour and also why she just wants to go home. I also think her "Hell god form" is just a giant sized version of her. Jinx and the other minions could've been her minders/babysitters.
Yes! Glory does seem like an adolescent entity of some sort. I laughed out loud when you said that her mininos were her babysitters, which makes sense.

Top Bottom