• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Julie Benz on playing a vampire and more

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Julie Benz did a reddit AMA last year that I've just found

the first time I was in the vampire makeup i looked in the mirror and smiled and realized how creepy that was... that was the beginning of Darla... David and I would always laugh when we were in vampire makeup because we were adults running around pretending to be vampires and getting paid to do it!! the flashback scenes were always the most fun....

Singing on Angel was the most daunting scene I have ever filmed in my life!!!

My question for you is, what is the hardest scene you've had to act out? What made it so difficult, and what did you learn from it?

hands down it was singing on Angel!! I am not a singer at all and I was terrified!!! I'm happy I did it though because it showed me that if I put my mind to it (and only have to sing 3 notes) that I can do it!

The full reddit is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/28hwzk/i_am_actress_julie_benz_ama

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Haha, yes I can imagine that singing would be daunting when it's not what you're trained for! She did very well as I recall :)

Wasn't it James Marsters who said that he always tried to get his girlfriends to kiss him with the vamp-face on? Hihi, seems like they were all having a good laugh at it. :D

Darlathevamp

Townie
Yeah, she also said who she would like to revisit Darla and that she liked killing people.....i mean JB is such a queen....well you know I love her....I have a fan page on IG for her....but yeah she’s great

Top Bottom