• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Just another slayee brought here by nostalgia!

cookieanalogy

Townie
Heya guys :)

Nostalgia brought me here haha I wrote a piece I randomly posted it online earlier this morning and more research about the Buffy world brought me here so here is my background story:

'When nostalgia hits and you randomly google Bangel...​

Back when the show was airing, I had no computer, no internet and no one at my school was watching the show... so I felt kind of alone in my army. I’d watch the show and keep it for myself and oh boy how hard it was at times, especially with the Bangel storyline. I’ve watched both BTVS & Angel fully but I only rewatched a few seasons since it ended. Everytime, it gave me multiple opportunities to re-discover the show and to understand it more as I was very young when I first watched it. It’s interesting how the show is still on point on many topics and how even as an adult it’s relevant and you can get something from it. Ok, visually it’s old fashioned now but it has other charms to balance it. I must also say that I feel like SMG is underrated as an actress. I think everyone should give Buffy a rewatch with a fresher look because the work she’s done on it was groundbreaking. I feel like we missed out on a lot she had to offer but it’s never too late and I wish her the best on and off screen!

I recently finished (re)watching my favourite seasons and episodes. Mostly the first 3 seasons of BTVS and a couple episodes here and there for the Bangel storyline. Earlier this week, I was bored and decided to just google it, google the show, google Bangel and see if there was something, anything to see and WHAT A SURPRISE IT WAS! It is so good to see they are thousands more Bangel fans out there and it’s been a blessing lurking on the internet the past few days. This might go fully unnoticed, but I just wanted to say: Thank you.

Thank you to all the Bangel fans for putting together all the quotes and interviews, videos, gifs, etc. Thank you for finding all the goodies. Everything you’ve done helped me chase away the dark clouds I had above my Bangel memories and I reached peace of mind. Finally.

I’ve been catching up on literally everything because I wasn’t even reading magazines back then. I never doubted in my heart that Angel was the one for Buffy and the 20 year reunion event was just the cherry on top!'

I just joined and it looks like I am in for A LONG TIME of catching up haha but it feels nice! I lurked around a bit and I can't wait to visit some topics!
I'm glad this place exists still!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Even though you're a Bangel fan, I promise I won't hold that against you :p

Welcome to the boards! :D

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! I have spent about ten percent of my life on this board since I joined and I don't count it as time wasted. This place is intelligent and civil for a fan forum (And I have been on some that were neither) and you can jump right in and post - no need to "pay your dues" or defer to us old crocs, post whatever you want.

Stake fodder

Soulless
Welcome to the group! I only recently watched Buffy, but I have felt the way you did in your essay about other shows I watched in my youth. Bringing people together is the best thing the Internet does. Well, that and letting me Google any fact I want to know!

cookieanalogy

Townie
Welcome to the forum! I have spent about ten percent of my life on this board since I joined and I don't count it as time wasted. This place is intelligent and civil for a fan forum (And I have been on some that were neither) and you can jump right in and post - no need to "pay your dues" or defer to us old crocs, post whatever you want.

Yes it feels like a healthy and safe place...and forums! Hello! I thought these were relics of the past but I've always felt like it was better than tweets, IG etc...

Welcome to the group! I only recently watched Buffy, but I have felt the way you did in your essay about other shows I watched in my youth. Bringing people together is the best thing the Internet does. Well, that and letting me Google any fact I want to know!
Oh gosh, precious soul hehe I guess, it's never too late to watch Buffy, it's timeless :cool:

Thank you all :)

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome. I’m 35 and a big Bangel fan also. The Buffyverse is one of my favourite franchises along with TMNT.

I started a Buffy rewatch in 2017 and finished last year during the first lockdown. I forgot how clever the dialogue is and how great the actors are. Yes it’s visually old fashioned, but I’m used to watching old tv shows anyway, so it doesn’t bother me. My favourite seasons are 2, 6 and 5.

I agree SMG is an underrated actress. She put her heart and soul into Buffy Summers and it shows. She’s up there with David Jensen (best known as Richard Kimble from the 60s tv series The Fugitive) imo.

I joined Buffy Boards 3 years ago and just stuck to the most recent threads lol. The best Internet forum imo and one of the few still quite active.

Ninjagirl2008

Townie
Welcome! This has been a great place to chat with other fans as I rewatch the show. It's fun to check in on the individual episode threads as I watch them and see what other people think

cookieanalogy

Townie
I agree SMG is an underrated actress. She put her heart and soul into Buffy Summers and it shows.
I didn't get how good she was as Buffy until very recently and I have rewatched my fav seasons at least 10 times since the 90's. Shame on me, really. I am rooting for her now more than ever... I hope we haven't seen the end of her yet and hopefully she'll get to land an interesting role as a main character in a tv show that lasts for a least a couple of seasons because she def has more to offer and well... I miss her deeply :D

Welcome! This has been a great place to chat with other fans as I rewatch the show. It's fun to check in on the individual episode threads as I watch them and see what other people think
Oh that's a great idea! I need to find these old posts about S12&3 so that I can dig in them for my next rewatch... apparently next year is the 25 years so... I guess I'll go through another rewatch then :)

Thanks all :)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
This babe gave Spike an UGHHH! when hearing about Spike and the slayer.
Just as well Darla was dead in those years when Buffy and Angel were together.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Hello there! Welcome to the boards.

It was a random search that found this place for me too. It's a few years ago now, but I still look on this place as home :)

Good to see another Bangelite on board. Helps balance out all the Spufflings we've got :p

Personally I'm a Fuffy shipper. Our numbers maybe few but we make a lot of noise. :D

I think one of the best things about this board is that we have active members from all corners of the globe, in all time zones, so there is nearly always someone around to chat with.

Hope you have fun here.....

Cohen

Hellhound
Welcome to the boards! I was also young when the series originally aired, many moons ago. Having a community to obsess with has been amazing, and I hope you find a home here, as well! :)

Top Bottom