• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Justice League "Snyder Cut"

white avenger

white avenger
For those who are interested and might not have heard as of yet, the so called "Snyder Cut" of the movie "Justice League" will be released on HBO plus in 2021 as either a 4 hour movie or a 6 hour miniseries. This would basically remove all of the extensive additional scenes that Joss Whedon did (that basically changed the entire story line from Snyder's original story) and add another 20 million dollars to the production cost for the new editing and CGI effects. As one of the (possibly few) people who saw the movie, enjoyed it, but have always wanted an extended cut for a DVD issue, I see this as good news and look forward to the showing or
DVD.

Now if someone could just convince Disney to do the same thing with "John Carter" I would be one really, really happy man.

white avenger

white avenger
The "Rogue Cut" was a better version of the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie.
Yeah, I saw that one, to. Almost always, I think that the little added details that go into the various extended versions of theatrical movies are better, because they add more detail to the story line. I've never understood why Joss has always been so adamant about refusing to expand anything that he does, despite some (possibly) great scenes that could have contributed to a story line. Ironically, that is, I believe, one of the major reasons that it has taken so long to get this expanded cut of "Justice Leaue." That, and the fact that he went back and re-shot so much of the original story that it would have been virtually impossible for Snyder's original plan for a 5 movie arc ( "Man Of Steel," "Batman vs Superman," then three Avengers movies) to continue to its conclusion.

I have heard on several Youtube sites that Snyder has never even seen Joss' version of "Justice League," and I can't help but wonder what Joss might have to say about this entire issue.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
I believe they had to CGI over Henry Cavill's beard which he'd grown for another role before the reshoots started and the CGI looked awful.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I believe, one of the major reasons that it has taken so long to get this expanded cut of "Justice Leaue."
That had nothing at all to do with it. It was the fact it cost an additional 30 million dollars to finish the cut. But they can justify it now as they are using it to launch their new HBO Max service.

white avenger

white avenger
I'd be interested to know what you liked about it.
Well, let's see ... In no particular order...

1) I'm a huge fan of superhero movies, or stories about just about any "larger than life" character, like the knights of the round table, Tarzan, Zorro, John Carter, and, of course, Superman, Batman, and the like, and have been all my life.

2) I particularly like Affleck's version of Batman, as an older hero who has been doing this sort of thing for so long that it actually, physically, hurts him to do it now, but he keeps doing it anyway, simply because it's a job that needs doing.

3) I love team up movies, whether it's the Magnificent 7. the dirty dozen, the Avengers, and, yes, the Justice League.

4) I just like movies in general, and I can find something to like in just about anything that I see, if for no other reason than to justify the price of the ticket and popcorn.

5) I appreciate the time and work that went into making the movie.

I could probably keep going. but just suffice it to say that I can enjoy something whether anyone else likes it, or not.

TriBel

Scooby
@white avenger - I don't disagree with any of your points (I grew up with most of the films you mention). I just thought JL was a poor example of the genre. I couldn't warm to any of the characters (including Affleck, though I liked the premise) and, IMO, the villain was two dimensional. I didn't want to dislike it. In fact, I checked the reviews/ratings afterwards and was relieved it wasn't just me. That's why I asked the question.

white avenger

white avenger
I couldn't warm to any of the characters (including Affleck, though I liked the premise) and, IMO, the villain was two dimensional
Probably a lot of that the character judgement comes down to personal taste, little more than whether you prefer chocolate ice cream over strawberry, and, in defense of Mr Snyder, the whole idea of having Steppenwolf as the Big Bad was entirely Joss' idea, it didn't come from the original screen play. Remember, Joss re-shot somewhere between 50 and 60% of the movie (hence, the infamous CGI'ed upper lip on Superman for most of the movie. That alone was distracting, to say the Least) so at least some of the burden would have to go to him.

In any event, I look forward to seeing Snyder's original plan for the movie, and I won't hesitate to call it crap if that's how I feel afterwards.

white avenger

white avenger
As an old Vulcan proverb goes, "Having is not as good a thing as wanting, it's not logical but often true."
Or, as any good Klingon might say, "Wanting is good, having is better, but nothing is better than drinking the blood of your enemies while you watch their houses burn."

(I don't know what that has to do with anything here, but, if we're gonna go all Star Trekky, I judt thought that I'd toss it in)

Top Bottom