• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Kane Concert in Norman, Ok

caritas08

lornelover
I went to my first Christian Kane concert last night in Norman. I've tried to catch him before but he was always playing too far away. I got to talk to him briefly before the show (at a Meet and Greet). I told him which songs I liked off the new album (American Made and Let's Take a Drive) and he told me they would be in the setlist. I also told him even though I loved Angel and Leverage it was his music I enjoyed the most. I also mentioned to him his first album which is out of print is going for
$300.00 on Ebay and that most of us old Angel fans had it but his newer fans couldn't get a hold of it and he looked really surprised and said he'd take care of it. (Now I'm kicking myself for bringing up something negative like that but I have a bad habit of saying the first thing that comes into my mind).

He's the first Joss actor I've ever met and he was super kind and personable. It made me want to go to a convention and see more Joss alumni in person. I didn't mention anything Angel related since I figured he got tired of acting questions at his concerts but he might not have minded.

The concert was good. It was $15 for 4th row but everybody gravitated towards the front and I went up to the stage towards the side so I wouldn't be blocking anyone's view. I had a lot of fun even though he didn't play much of his old stuff. It was fun meeting other Angel fans too. Anyway, thanks for reading me ramble but it was kind of cool cuz after 14 years I've finally met a Joss Whedon person.:cool:

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
[MENTION=8214]caritas08[/MENTION]- I am soooo jealous! We were camping at Lake Tenkiller this weekend, or I would've scooped up [MENTION=6115]randiann[/MENTION] and we would've rocked out! I looked at his concert schedule on his website, doesn't look like he's coming that close anytime soon. :(

Oh, and the 3 of us really need to meet up sometime- are you in the DFW area? Do you ever attend any of the DFW Browncoat functions? They hosted a Can't Stop the Serenity Screening this past year, if they do it again next year it would be fun to go! :)

caritas08

lornelover
I've always wanted to attend one of the browncoat functions. I'm about six hours away from the DFW area. I'll definitely keep an eye out for any nearby functions.

randiann

From the ashes we rise again
Sineya
What?! I missed it? &*$%! Aww man!

[MENTION=8214]caritas08[/MENTION], you should have told me you were coming to my neck of the woods, lol. I'm assuming it was Friday, cause Saturday was the game. I had the pleasure of meeting him about three or four years ago (I can't remember) in OKC and he was super nice to me too. And [MENTION=10354]VisionGirl[/MENTION] another meetup would be awesome!

Top Bottom