• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Keep the plot, change the character

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
There's several plots in Buffy that were more real, like the boyfriend goes bad after sex, drug addiction/withdrawal etc. So what if those were kept but different characters.

Willow leaving Tara at the altar because of her insecurities.

Xander going bad after sex with Cordelia.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
There is a whole galaxy of permutations and combinations you could use to convey the same plot points, but the writers had to choose one for each and it was probably as good as anything else they could have done. Are you looking for examples of who they could have used to convey these plot points?

Willow leaving Tara at the altar would have been met with enough blowback from the LGBTQ community to damage the series. Xander going bad would have been believable but would not have had the same effect as an ensouled vampire reverting to the viciousness of Angelus. It could have been interesting if Tara was the magic addict but I think people would have just said, "Drop Tara and let Willow get on with her business" because they were not as invested. Maybe Giles reverting to Ripper would have been an interesting story.

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
Buffy taking over Wolfram & Hart, struggling to work as part of a big corporation.

Faith having a kid, a la Connor (At least until the point where he gets kidnapped). Showing how she deals with her own parental issues in that way.

Wesley leaving Fred at the altar because of his insecurities.

Taake
Taake
Love these. Faith with a kid would've been very interesting.
T
Trepkos
I wouldn't like to think what would happen to any kid raised by Faith ...
FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
Only the third one I like.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I always thought Xander and Amy would have been an attractive couple with the potential to get into a lot of trouble (which they did already).

Xander could have saved Katrina Silber and been another attractive couple and the chase would be on to catch the Trio who would use all the magic at their disposal to escape.

Ethan Rayne should have been a spy in the employ of Wolfram & Hart.

Mr. Trick should have established the modern computer-savvy vampire organization with a computer dating service that no human survives when he matches vampires with humans.

Snyder and Joyce should have been a couple (almost as bad as Ted and Joyce).

Olaf should have returned to fight the final battle alongside Anyanka.

Sunday should have escaped and returned to fight Riley.

Buffy should have established a farm to raise Mohra demons to return vampires to their original state.

K
katmobile
I think more Sunday and Trick is never wrong.

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
Maybe Giles and Jenny sleep together and she's the one with a gypsy curse, she's a runaway from the family so they cursed her to be miserable

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
@Spanky it was a big storyline and an easy moment to change. However, what about instead of Buffy being depressed in season 6, she comes back and we get the drugs story through her instead of Willow and magic being drugs

Spanky
Spanky
It was just a joke.

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn
Faith having a kid, a la Connor (At least until the point where he gets kidnapped). Showing how she deals with her own parental issues in that way.
I love the idea of her having a kid with Robin. She’d have to deal with her issues, and he’d have to deal with his, having a child with a Slayer, just like himself.

Ok, it’d be a bit ”getting together with someone kind of like your mom”, but these minds brought us Connor/Cordelia, they’re not above such things.

Reactions: Guy

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
these minds brought us Connor/Cordelia, they’re not above such things.
See. You just have to go and poke the bear, or, in the case of my avatar, a rabbit. There is nothing wrong with Connor/Cordelia.
Now if Faith had a girl and she magically grown-up and started dating Xander, now THAT would be wrong.

Taake
Taake
I’m not cool enough to get jokes, but that was pretty cute

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn
See. You just have to go and poke the bear, or, in the case of my avatar, a rabbit. There is nothing wrong with Connor/Cordelia.
Now if Faith had a girl and she magically grown-up and started dating Xander, now THAT would be wrong.
Rabbit? Rabbit!!?

Reactions: Guy

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
I love the idea of her having a kid with Robin. She’d have to deal with her issues, and he’d have to deal with his, having a child with a Slayer, just like himself.
I'd prefer it if Faith had a child with Wesley (THINK OF THE DRAMATIC POTENTIAL!!! IT'LL BE A FREAKIN' NUCLEAR EXPLOSION OF ANGST!!), or Buffy, or Willow, or just as a single parent (again - ANGST), but I can accept Robin too :)

Ok, it’d be a bit ”getting together with someone kind of like your mom”, but these minds brought us Connor/Cordelia, they’re not above such things.
I suppose it's a cliche for a reason...

lyannastarks.co.vu/post/120076697231/elvenking-peter-take-my-hand

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Dawn jumps at the end of The Gift instead of Buffy. Buffy's depression in Season 6 is caused by the death of her sister (and the grief from her mother's death too). Willow eventually resurrects Dawn as a "present" for Buffy but the repercussion is that it activates Dawn's Key-ness and she becomes a magical being. Instead of Dark Willow at the end of Season 6 we get Dark Dawn, overloaded on Key-Magic and out to destroy the world.

white avenger

white avenger
One of my favorite character reversal ideas for "Buffy" would be to swap the roles of Faith and Spike in Season 7.

Buffy finds Faith, badly beaten and nearly starved, in the basement of the new Sunnydale High, rambling incoherently about "eyeless monks" who invaded the prison and kidnapped her.

Spike comes to Los Angeles, hoping to get help from Angel with dealing with his new soul, and, instead, winds up helping the gang there restore Angel's soul, then is recruited by Willow to come back to Sunnydale and help out there.

Given those two simple changes, the entire scope of Season 7 could be changed without actually changing the story line to any great degree.

Plus, a whole bunch of fans would get to b**ch about there being too much time spent on Fuffy instead of the relationships of the Scoobies, and Spike would be there at the end to leave town in the school bus with Buffy.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Xander could have saved Katrina Silber and been another attractive couple
I was actually thinking about this earlier, these two would make quite a good pairing. Katrina is like a cross between Willow and Buffy, she's smart but also strong willed. Also I don't think she judges books by their covers which could be a nice moment where Xander feels insecure about his lack of qualifications but Katrina sees past that.

On a side note, Katrina and Warren's relationship in IWMTLY must've been at quite a serious juncture since she was staying with him at his mom's house. for a few days. That's not a new relationship move and it's past the "meet the parents" stage. They may have been on the verge of living together if they weren't already (like how Willow and Tara share a dorm room).

Snyder and Joyce should have been a couple (almost as bad as Ted and Joyce).
Weirdly enough, I could see this happening. It would probably work better during the high school years because of Snyder being the principal of Buffy's school and Joyce's boyfriend, however it would be quite funny if Buffy still couldn't shake off Snyder despite leaving high school.

Sunday should have escaped and returned to fight Riley.
Definitely.

As for what I would change, I would recast Veruca's actress with Amy Acker and have her play Veruca as very Willowish and cutesy, which would really make Willow worry that Oz may be attracted to Veruca (especially as Veruca can engage with Oz on a music level which Willow can't). Veruca would obviously be colder towards Willow but hides it which makes Oz think Willow is just feeling threatened on a jealousy level rather than actually threatened. The wolf thing is another commonality between the two.

Last edited:

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Buffy finds Faith, badly beaten and nearly starved, in the basement of the new Sunnydale High, rambling incoherently about "eyeless monks" who invaded the prison and kidnapped her.
I don't know. I think the scene with Faith and Wes in Salvage at the jail was awesome. How Faith's mood totally changes when she finds out what happened and just jumps through the glass. I am not a big fan of Dushku's acting ability but that scene she totally nailed. It was one of the best Faith moments. I don't think even getting rid of S7 Spuffy would be worth losing that.

Top Bottom