• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

L.A. as a hell dimension

flow

Scooby
Hi guys,

this is my silly question of the week: :)

After the battle in the alley behind the Hyperion Hotel we know that L.A. was send to hell by the Senior Partner.

But what exactly does that mean ?

Would the whole city including all the buildings and people have been sucked into another dimension ? Like Angel got sucked into a hell dimension by Acathla ? Would L.A. have disappared completely from the earth then ? What wold have remained there ? A crater like in Sunnydale ?

Or did the Senior Partners just turn the city into a hell that was run by demons and vampires ? If so, what happened to the humans ? Were they all killed ? Were there boundaries ? Could the demons leave L.A. and get to other places as well ? Why didn`t the government send an army ?

Do the comics explain that ?

flow

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
Well the first issue says that they sent L.A. to hell, but it's not really made clear how they did that. I always assumed they unleashed their armies on the gang then shifted the entire city to another dimension (and not one that was already hellish, more like a blank slate) thereby effectively creating a dimension-in-which-there-was-hell. It would also explain how they were able to manipulate events, like turning Angel human - easier to do if it's a dimension they own and in which they can make the rules.

Unfortunately we don't get to see how L.A. was perceived from the outside so we can't really know, but seeing as Angel saves the city by forcing W&H to return it to an earlier point in the timeline it's likely no-one ever noticed it was gone.

Last edited:

flow

Scooby
Thanks a lot, that makes sense.

I am already considering my silly question for next week, so stay tuned !

flow

white avenger

white avenger
Unfortunately we don't get to see how L.A. was perceived from the outside so we can't really know, but seeing as Angel saves the city by forcing W&H to return it to an earlier point in the timeline it's likely no-one ever noticed it was gone.
We could just assume that the hell dimension where LA was sent operated on a different time frame, where all of the time that they spent there only added up to a microsecond in real time, so no one outside the city ever even noticed that they were gone. Plus, as I recall, the city's residents' collective memories of their time in hell faded away pretty quickly.

Top Bottom